Laundry Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week?

• dry clean only (0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 1-2

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 7-8

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 9-10

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-14

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 15+

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
I have kids also, so I do laundry all of the time at least 2 loads per day. I am going to look into front loaders when my current model dies.

I do about 2-3 loads a day. dh goes through more laundry than anyone. He has work clothes and woodworking sawdusty clothes and exercise clothes and comfy clothes.

I fold it all when the kids are down. It's amusing to me that I'll fold 3 loads of laundry and there will only be a pair of my pants and a couple shirts that are mine.

I'm anywhere from 9-12 -- how we generate so much laundry is beyond me. Nothing aggervates me more than when I strive to get the "empty bins" and someone brings five days worth of clothes down!

I should have skipped the 0 and had 17+!
Wow I did not know that people did so much laundry.
:ohmy:

Pook said:
Warning about the front-loader! Mom-in-law had one, and be sure it drains properly, she got mildew in it. Yuck! She traded it back for a top-loader.
We got the gasket/seal thingy replaced on our front loader and have had no mildew problems since. The technician said they'd improved the quality of the gasket. I make sure nothing is blocking the drain hole in the seal and run a cleansing bleach cycle every once in awhile and it's been perfect. But before they came out with the new and improved gasket I was getting ready to dump it for another top-loader like your MIL did.
It would probably be Easter before I get a full load of whites.
Heh. If it weren't for my husband's white undershirts I would have no white loads. White does not go well with dogs, cats, and horses. :-p

Michelemarie said:
I'm anywhere from 9-12 -- how we generate so much laundry is beyond me. Nothing aggervates me more than when I strive to get the "empty bins" and someone brings five days worth of clothes down!

OR unloads a semister's worth of seasonal clothing from the back seat of their car !!!!!!! :punk:

I don't know why my vote doesn't show up.
Oh, goodness, we have whites washes, despite the animals, or maybe because of them! half of DH's work shirts are white, then all the white bedding....etc etc
Problem is, we have siamese cats...the dark hairs get on light stuff, the light hairs get on dark stuff, you can't win! DH bought some new breeches for riding this week and they are dry clean only, I hit the roof! Not least because they are beige, and were meant to be everyday jods, why he could not have gone for a dark and machine washable pair I do not know!

I barely remeber top loaders from US, but its true that in modern front loaders washing does come out pretty well spun. But its not magic, and stuff still needs to dry. Hanging out in good weather or windy days does most things, radiators or a bathtop rail help in miserable weather. A huge amount of people in UK do not have Driers, and even fewer in Italy.

I have to say that for DH's shirts, I put them on to spin again, then iron them dry often, so I get a really good crisp finish on those double cuffs. Thank goodness no body wears detachable collars and cuffs in Italy, in UK I have to deal with that sort of rubbish too!

I miss my 15 year old washer/dryer in the states---I could do any type of load from about 20 minutes to longer and then an hour in the dryer for the most heavy loads. Here, with a foreign combination wash and dry model it takes over 4 hours to wash and dry a load of laundry and then most of the time we end up hanging things up to completely dry anyway. Our washer/dryer capacity is such that it takes nearly two days to wash a set of queen-sized sheets---one sheet and one pillow case per 4 hours then set out anyway to completely dry followed by the other sheet and pillow case to set out and air dry. As far as clothes are concerned 4 shirts and a pair of pants is straining the capacity. And we're considered lucky as many apartments here don't even have dryers. Maybe my laundry lament should be transferred to the "Vent" thread. Ha! I would estimate that for the two of us that we do about 8-10 loads a week because of our low capacity situation here.

I do about 9 or 10 loads a week, sometimes less, sometimes more. I hate doing laundry but I love my front loader!

I am curious about the front load machines - often I forget something and want to toss it in after I have started my washer - can you do that in the front loading machines or will you have water all over your floor?

Barbara said:
I am curious about the front load machines - often I forget something and want to toss it in after I have started my washer - can you do that in the front loading machines or will you have water all over your floor?
unfortunately you can not open the washer once it as started (that seems to be the only draw back that I have found besides the price of the machine but that balances out soon enough)
:)

Yikes, no, you can't open, but I acrue washing so quickly there is bound to be another appropriate load going in soon....the people who do hardly any washes, how do you cope with separating things?

I only do about a load a week
I have lots of clothes and hand wash my "unmentionables"
(sometimes it is hard to find enough to fill a load)
:)

lulu said:
Yikes, no, you can't open, but I acrue washing so quickly there is bound to be another appropriate load going in soon....the people who do hardly any washes, how do you cope with separating things?

I do 2 loads a week, it's usually the underwear/tshirts in one load and everything else in the other. new clothes, ill wash with like colors the first few times so they don't stain the others but I have no problems with only 2 loads. no bleeding colors or anything

3-4 loads a week looks to be the most common number of loads people on this site do
thanks for participating in the poll it is very interesting
:clap:

dw does most of the laundry in our house. i'll do my own clothing if she's really busy and i see that i'm running out of socks or tighty-whiteys or something. ;)
i'd have to say she does about 2 loads a day, about 6 days a week. sometimes a third load. they are usually small loads; she seems obsessed with having everything clean to be able to wear at any time.

my wife is a clothes horse, and the little guy likes to wear as much of his food as he eats, so between the two our son wears a dozen different pairs of pants and shirts just about every day.

including my clothes (which she complains are too big and heavy so i usually fold and put away my own :nuke: ), my son's and her clothing, there's a lot of wash to do.

I just read an interesting tidbit about Sphynx, those hairless cats (like Mr. Bigglesworth from Austin Powers) the other day... being hairless, they feel often cold and tend to snuggle up inside the tumble dryers, which are often warm. So if any of you happens to have this type of cat, please check your dryer before loading and starting it, make sure it is catfree!!;)

i'll do my own clothing if she's really busy and i see that i'm running out of socks or tighty-whiteys or something. ;)

I'm sitting here shaking my head. Tighty-whiteys??? ROFLMAO!!! (Yes I'm 12!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom