Laundry Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many loads of laundry do you do a week?

• dry clean only (0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 1-2

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 7-8

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 9-10

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-14

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 15+

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
I have to have the clothes clean. Waiting for a load of whites drives me bonkers and since there's only 2 of us, it takes a few days! :LOL:

I probably average one or two a week. After all, how much laundry can one kitty make? :huh:

Geez, Jan, if I waited for a "white load" I'd be waiting until Christmas! I do everything all together in cold water. Nothing runs, and everything gets nice and clean. ;)

WEIRD! For some reason I wasn't getting the poll showing up at first. Thanks Poutine for a cool thread.

My guess is average is 7-8.

But now you made me think of drycleaning. I don't want to know how much we spend on that a year! Our drycleaner in Itlay already knows both of us by our first names and I've only been dealing with it since December...suits, coats, dry clean only dresses and bedspreads....it never ends!

lulu said:
My guess is average is 7-8.

But now you made me think of drycleaning. I don't want to know how much we spend on that a year! Our drycleaner in Itlay already knows both of us by our first names and I've only been dealing with it since December...suits, coats, dry clean only dresses and bedspreads....it never ends!
Lulu
I don't see your response on the poll
it's your civic duty to vote ;)

again, I don`t do Laundry or washing up of dishes.

I do all the cooking, and a good percentage of the other housework though as well as my own job, it`s a nice ballance :)
and one we both agreed upon from the very start 10+ years ago.

Alix said:
Poutine, is this working now? Sorry for the confusion.
Yes it seems to be good now thanks. :)

I see that there is a 15+ vote. Wow that is a lot of laundry - the front loader would pay off in no time at that rate. ;)

With 4 kids in the house lundry is a none stop task. My wife does the most, but then I step in to help. We wash so much we have been talking about getting second pair of washer dryer, just don't have money now.

2 loads a week but its in those huge commercial size washers. We have to use the laundro-mat. not the most fun, but the washers are massive.

15 + that's us. Do you really think the front loader would solve our problem? Mainly it is dryer that is trailing behind.

Front loading washing machines

CharlieD said:
With 4 kids in the house lundry is a none stop task. My wife does the most, but then I step in to help. We wash so much we have been talking about getting second pair of washer dryer, just don't have money now.
I feel like a appliance salesperson but if you do lots of laundry I really think that those front end washers are worth it. They can do larger loads (even the "small" front loaders have more capacity than the average top loader), they use less water, less soap and they use less electricity. Less time, less effort, less money, savings resources - sounds good to me! ;)

CharlieD said:
15 + that's us. Do you really think the front loader would solve our problem? Mainly it is dryer that is trailing behind.

Charlie, those front loaders spin the wash load more so that when it comes out its already half dried! Then the dryer only takes about 45 minutes to an hour. (And you can get a super duper dryer too!)

CharlieD said:

I think you would have twice as many wet clothes waiting their turn in the dryer, Charlie.

We have the same problem.

CharlieD said:

I find that the front loaders get so much water out that many things don't even have to go in the dryer (especially things like underwear)

and it is easier on clothes so you save money there too

you can go here to see my rank about the greatness of front loaders (#18) ;) http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/how-much-laundry-do-you-do-32354-2.html

oh I have to put a bit more info here
Front-Load Washers,Frontload Washers
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Larger capacity[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] because of no bulky agitator. The average load increase is 30%. The extra space improves washing of bulky items like sleeping bags, bedspreads and throw rugs.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High-speed extraction. Front-load washers spin at over 1000 rpm in American-made machines, and higher on European models. This is considerably faster than the 600-700 rpm spin cycle on top-load washers. Clothes come out drier and thereby reduce drying time. This saves energy, and helps the dryer keep pace with the washer during multiple-load washing.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gentler on laundry items. Gentler wash action, with no agitator.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quieter.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] No clunky sounds, just the whir of the spin cycle.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cleans better. Front-load washers clean many stains bettter than conventional top-load washers.[/FONT]

I did all the (3) loads of white t-shirts to include the white game jersey and shorts. I did all the red loads (3) to include the red game jersey and shorts. I did (2)the white undies & socks to include the white practice jersey and shorts. I did (4) the dark colored t-shirts to include the hoodies. I did (2) the red gym shorts and again the red game jersey and shorts. I did (5+) loads the blue jeans. I did (1) the white gym t-shirts and the white game jersey and shorts. I did (2) the thermal winter socks and blizzard liners. I did (2) dress clothes. I did (2) the red game warm-up sweats. I did (2) white bath towels and the white practice jersey and shorts. I did (2) dark colored towels. I did (4+) the bed pillows from fever flu. I did (3) sheets & pillow cases & bed comforter. I did (2) caps, sweaters & scarves, knitted mittens. I did (1) kitchen towels & dish clothes.

That's about 40 loads of laundry. (I only wash the heavy gloves at the end of the winter run unless they get soiled with oil, grease, etc. because it takes forever to get them dried turning inside and out) The glove line is in full swing....snow day!

:ohmy: The layered look is way fun.....

Back
Top Bottom