Lazy day Sunday? 8/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Will it be a relaxing lazy day Sunday for you?

The kids woke up at 6am today. Holey Moley. They usually wake at about 8:30. We will try to laze around until 11, when we have to head into town. Hopefully I'll be able to shower at some point before we go, maybe during Callum's first nap. Then I have 5 hours of rehearsal! :ohmy: Which normally I'd be looking forward to but I'm still kind of sick. Not contagious, an infection that has triggered a fever, a very achey body and I'm just plain tired. For this rehearsal, we'll be up and moving the whole time. I'm going to have to tell the choreographers that I need to take it easy today, which sucks since they are driving 2 hours to be here. Hmpf.

Then it will be dinner time when we get home. dh asked what we were having but I am not cooking! I'm sure since I'm feeling bad, he'll make something. Then I will put the kids to bed around 8pm and probably fall asleep myself...

Right now, it's time to go make some tea. Have a great day everyone! :)

I don't think my day is going to be lazy, all the kids are coming for dinner, plus they have asked if they can come early to do some planning for the classroom, translate that to: Ma, not only makes the supper, but watches the 4 kids:LOL: ..DH is going fishing so no help from that quarter, plus good ol Ma has an earache that is a killer...
Take it as easy as you can Cora..Have DH make something easy like toast and scrambled eggs with goodies in them and some hash browns.. or a good old grilled cheese and soup..
hugs feel better,
kadesma:)

Hope you feel better soon, Cora!

Busy day here. It's canning time. Have to finish the Pear Chutney, Dilled Beans, and BBQ sauce.

Oh dear, do get well soon.

Yep we are lazing today too, we took a walk through the south of the city and are packing some stuff up. We have to empty our fridge this week, so it is some sardianian pasta and tomato sauce tonight and a bottle of wine. Through the day we fridge picked a mixture of junk we shouldn't have bought, cheese raw veg and fruit.

I hope you are feeling better.

As much as I like for it to be a lazy day around here, (the weather is perfect for it, dark and cloudy and rainy...), my daughter is moving to her dorm tomorrow so it's a packing day here. And a crying day.:(

I'm also making a big platter of pasta primavera for her. I made baklava for her yesterday.

I sooooooooo don't want my dolly to move to college. I wish she was 4 years old again.:sorcerer:

It's been a La-Z-Girl weekend here. HH and daughter drove off on Thursday to Memphis to see the in-laws and won't be back until Tuesday.

Actually, I have finished a few of those weird little chores you like to do when no one's around - washed the shelves from the fridge (OK, most of them, anyway), threw out those half bottles full of stuff you will never use again, cleaned off all those little post-its and handwritten scraps of paper with various phone numbers on it and retyped a new list for the bulletin board, shredded a bunch of old bills.

To rest from my labors, I rented a bunch of movies I knew no one wanted to see but me:
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Leaving Las Vegas
The Good Girl
and another I can't remember now.

Had a couple of Dove bars for dinner Friday night.

Will get off here soon to make some stuff for lunch this week, gas up the truck, and rent some more movies.

It's a lazy day for me. A friend stayed over last night, and she took my list and went to the SuperWalmart for me this morning, and even put the groceries away. Now Kim is cooking breakfast for us, and after that I'll have a nice nap. We still have plenty of leftovers in the fridge that need to be used up, so I won't need to cook supper.

I'm leaving in an hour for some Flounder fishing of the second island, chesapeak bay bridge tunnel. Can't wait! I love me some fishing. Hope I don't get burnt to a crisp again...

Get well soon,Cora!

mudbug said:
To rest from my labors, I rented a bunch of movies I knew no one wanted to see but me:
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Leaving Las Vegas
The Good Girl
and another I can't remember now.

Had a couple of Dove bars for dinner Friday night.

Will get off here soon to make some stuff for lunch this week, gas up the truck, and rent some more movies.
That sounds like fun mud! Girlie movies and dove bars, what could be better? Enjoy your weekend for me!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm on some antibiotics but they've been slow to kick in. I have to take them 3 times a day on an empty stomach! It makes it difficult to figure when to take them and when I can eat. I was feeling really awful on Friday but am on the mend. :)

I did not get out of bed until 8:00 a.m. Since I played yesterday I have a ton of things to do today: laundry, vacuuming, lawn watering, etc. First thing this morning I put some beef ribs in the crockpot with BBQ sauce. I also did some of those odds and ends type of things like mudbug: brushed the dog, cleaned under the bathroom sink, rounded up all the stray CD's and put them in their place, etc.

Pretty much a lazy day here. I did the laundry and groceries, roasted a bunch of tomatoes from my garden (drizzled olive oil on them and threw some garlic in to roast). Bolognese sauce is cooking right now to have over some spaghetti.

Hello everyone - yesterday was my first day on the cooking forum. I am having problems with my Internet Explorer. There are certain areas that I want to get into and it keeps saying that I have an internet problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I would really appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks.

Well, I moved ds home this morning, took him to get his staples out, came home and took a 2 hour nap, now I'm baking his birthday cake. He will be 21 tomorrow!!:ohmy: :LOL:
And, we're getting much needed rain all day, so, we've had to stay indoors the last couple of hours anyway.

texasgirl said:
Well, I moved ds home this morning, took him to get his staples out, came home and took a 2 hour nap, now I'm baking his birthday cake. He will be 21 tomorrow!!:ohmy: :LOL:
And, we're getting much needed rain all day, so, we've had to stay indoors the last couple of hours anyway.
So glad he is at home to get well Texas..Tell him Happy Birthday and give him a hug...

IT was a very lazy day for me. I got my husband to call out for pizza! Very rare event these days!

kadesma said:
So glad he is at home to get well Texas..Tell him Happy Birthday and give him a hug...

Thank you, I will tell him!! I'm glad that he's home, even if it's only for a little while.

bijoubrown said:
Hello everyone - yesterday was my first day on the cooking forum. I am having problems with my Internet Explorer. There are certain areas that I want to get into and it keeps saying that I have an internet problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I would really appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks.
Sometimes I get that too, I hit refresh up on my browser and then I'm in the clear.

Back
Top Bottom