"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #11
Senior Cook

The only ones I have are the round and oval Dutch ovens in various sizes. I don’t think I would bother getting other items like skillet, stock pots, baking dishes, etc.

The only thing I would caution about LeCreuset on eBay and other places is that there are knockoffs/counterfeit versions out there.

bbqcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Some are here, some are still in Ontario, I didn't count lids, so there are lids. So embarrassing I have so many....I am making a trip up in October, I hope, and will be bringing the LeCreuset back.
Well, let us know when. I'm sure taxy, Rock (hey! where is he?) and I would be glad to come help you carry them in (or to our car).

Old 09-02-2019, 07:08 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Wait a minute, you are in Montreal. You and Taxy could come to the farm and pick them up. Rock comes to Morrisburg/Cornwall every now and again. You guys could pick what you want before I haul the rest back.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqcoder View Post
The only ones I have are the round and oval Dutch ovens in various sizes. I don’t think I would bother getting other items like skillet, stock pots, baking dishes, etc.

The only thing I would caution about LeCreuset on eBay and other places is that there are knockoffs/counterfeit versions out there.
Mine are all the real McCoy. I don't have the SS or ceramic baking dishes. What I have are all CI with enamel. LOVE my skillets, LOVE the grill pan. LOVE the lasagne pan. LOVE the DOs. I started cooking with these pans, so I LOVE them. Parting with any of them will be hard, but I really don't need them and they are meant to last generations. Got no generations after me to give them to.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:13 AM   #15
Executive Chef

LOL We'll have to wait for taxy to wake up! Com'on Rock, waddya say?

Lunch in Cornwall?
Old 09-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Mine are all the real McCoy. I don't have the SS or ceramic baking dishes. What I have are all CI with enamel. LOVE my skillets, LOVE the grill pan. LOVE the lasagne pan. LOVE the DOs. I started cooking with these pans, so I LOVE them. Parting with any of them will be hard, but I really don't need them and they are meant to last generations. Got no generations after me to give them to.
Yes they are. I'm really upset that some of my mom's CI's disappeared. They were well used and well loved - never abused.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:33 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
I started cooking with these pans, so I LOVE them. Parting with any of them will be hard, but I really don't need them and they are meant to last generations.
Very true. I got my first one ~25 years ago. I thought paying $170 (discounted by 40%?) for 5qt round was a lot but found out why they’re worth it. They are extremely functional but also a work of art. I have a couple that I never used because they’re so pretty. I’ve only bought mine at a discount from Amazon, Williams Sonoma, and (now closed) Kitchen Etc.
bbqcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqcoder View Post
Very true. I got my first one ~25 years ago. I thought paying $170 (discounted by 40%?) for 5qt round was a lot but found out why they’re worth it. They are extremely functional but also a work of art. I have a couple that I never used because they’re so pretty. I’ve only bought mine at a discount from Amazon, Williams Sonoma, and (now closed) Kitchen Etc.
There was a place in Edina, MN that was going out of business. They had these starter sets of LeCreuset in boxes. My Mom and I were in the Cities, and she bought one set for me, with additional pans, and one set for my brother. I remember that the total for what she bought for me was under $200. One would be hard pressed to touch any of the pans she bought that day for less than that. My brother and I took very good care of our pans. I wouldn't let roommates use them and I didn't let my ex-DH cook in them or wash them. My brother kept his box all these years, and when he passed away, I packed his starter set in that box. Over the years, he acquired more pieces, as did I. Not that having LeCreuset made me a more than a mediocre cook, but it did make me take care of what I had.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I really hope that I get a chance to see CWS on her trip up to Canada. But, I have no interest in acquiring more enamelled cast iron pans. The ones I have take up enough space.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I really hope that I get a chance to see CWS on her trip up to Canada. But, I have no interest in acquiring more enamelled cast iron pans. The ones I have take up enough space.
I was thinking about your yellow Copco set and couldn't imagine you wanted any more pieces. Hoping I can get up there around Canadian Thanksgiving if I can get enough caregivers to take care of Mom while I am gone for 10-14 days. Would love to see you and Stirling.

Tags
cook, cookware