LeCreuset cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I love my LeCreuset pans. My Mom bought my brother and I a starter set each in 1978. I love it, BUT....unpacking it all...how did I end up with, I kid you not, 52 pieces? Did my starter set behave like rabbits in the dark? You would think I was running a restaurant. This is not counting the Lodge cast iron pans...OMG, what am I gonna do with all of this???? Yeah, trying to downsize, just didn't expect to do this alone. And, I really like my LeCreuset...hate parting with even one pan.

Did a search re: replacement value. Holy-Moly, I have got a small frigging fortune in LeCreuset. $15,000. Holy-Moly. Who needs that kind of $ in cookware? When Mom bought our starter sets, she paid just over $115 for them. Holy-Moly. Now, we both did pick up pieces at yard sales, auctions, and thrift stores.

LeCreuset is not cheap even on QVC for a sale price. At least QVC can make it somewhat affordable.

If you want to get rid of some, let me know and I will message you my address.
They are really heavy. Expensive to ship. I have the goose cooker to all sizes. Mine were blue, but I have all colors. I took very good care of them, as did my brother.Some are chipped on the edges. His set was that orange color. I am giving some to my friends' sons, but I don't think they need all of these. It would cost a lot to ship them.

They are really heavy. Expensive to ship. I have the goose cooker to all sizes. Mine were blue, but I have all colors. I took very good care of them, as did my brother.Some are chipped on the edges. His set was that orange color. I am giving some to my friends' sons, but I don't think they need all of these. It would cost a lot to ship them.

I bought a Le Creuset 3.5-qt. braiser through eBay last year. Shipping was reasonable considering the discount on the pan. There are people who would be willing to pay it.

Le Creuset does sell pretty well on eBay. I had one piece I only used one time. I sold it on eBay for about 75-percent of what I paid for it at the LeCreuset Outlet Store.

CD

Some are here, some are still in Ontario, I didn't count lids, so there are lids. So embarrassing I have so many....I am making a trip up in October, I hope, and will be bringing the LeCreuset back.

Last edited:
The only ones I have are the round and oval Dutch ovens in various sizes. I don’t think I would bother getting other items like skillet, stock pots, baking dishes, etc.

The only thing I would caution about LeCreuset on eBay and other places is that there are knockoffs/counterfeit versions out there.

Some are here, some are still in Ontario, I didn't count lids, so there are lids. So embarrassing I have so many....I am making a trip up in October, I hope, and will be bringing the LeCreuset back.

Well, let us know when. I'm sure taxy, Rock (hey! where is he?) and I would be glad to come help you carry them in (or to our car). :LOL:

Wait a minute, you are in Montreal. You and Taxy could come to the farm and pick them up. Rock comes to Morrisburg/Cornwall every now and again. You guys could pick what you want before I haul the rest back.

The only ones I have are the round and oval Dutch ovens in various sizes. I don’t think I would bother getting other items like skillet, stock pots, baking dishes, etc.

The only thing I would caution about LeCreuset on eBay and other places is that there are knockoffs/counterfeit versions out there.
Mine are all the real McCoy. I don't have the SS or ceramic baking dishes. What I have are all CI with enamel. LOVE my skillets, LOVE the grill pan. LOVE the lasagne pan. LOVE the DOs. I started cooking with these pans, so I LOVE them. Parting with any of them will be hard, but I really don't need them and they are meant to last generations. Got no generations after me to give them to.

Mine are all the real McCoy. I don't have the SS or ceramic baking dishes. What I have are all CI with enamel. LOVE my skillets, LOVE the grill pan. LOVE the lasagne pan. LOVE the DOs. I started cooking with these pans, so I LOVE them. Parting with any of them will be hard, but I really don't need them and they are meant to last generations. Got no generations after me to give them to.

Yes they are. I'm really upset that some of my mom's CI's disappeared. They were well used and well loved - never abused.

I started cooking with these pans, so I LOVE them. Parting with any of them will be hard, but I really don't need them and they are meant to last generations.

Very true. I got my first one ~25 years ago. I thought paying $170 (discounted by 40%?) for 5qt round was a lot but found out why they’re worth it. They are extremely functional but also a work of art. I have a couple that I never used because they’re so pretty. I’ve only bought mine at a discount from Amazon, Williams Sonoma, and (now closed) Kitchen Etc.

Very true. I got my first one ~25 years ago. I thought paying $170 (discounted by 40%?) for 5qt round was a lot but found out why they’re worth it. They are extremely functional but also a work of art. I have a couple that I never used because they’re so pretty. I’ve only bought mine at a discount from Amazon, Williams Sonoma, and (now closed) Kitchen Etc.
There was a place in Edina, MN that was going out of business. They had these starter sets of LeCreuset in boxes. My Mom and I were in the Cities, and she bought one set for me, with additional pans, and one set for my brother. I remember that the total for what she bought for me was under $200. One would be hard pressed to touch any of the pans she bought that day for less than that. My brother and I took very good care of our pans. I wouldn't let roommates use them and I didn't let my ex-DH cook in them or wash them. My brother kept his box all these years, and when he passed away, I packed his starter set in that box. Over the years, he acquired more pieces, as did I. Not that having LeCreuset made me a more than a mediocre cook, but it did make me take care of what I had.

Last edited:
I really hope that I get a chance to see CWS on her trip up to Canada. But, I have no interest in acquiring more enamelled cast iron pans. The ones I have take up enough space.

I really hope that I get a chance to see CWS on her trip up to Canada. But, I have no interest in acquiring more enamelled cast iron pans. The ones I have take up enough space.
I was thinking about your yellow Copco set and couldn't imagine you wanted any more pieces. Hoping I can get up there around Canadian Thanksgiving if I can get enough caregivers to take care of Mom while I am gone for 10-14 days. Would love to see you and Stirling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom