Lepitor, Relacor, CortiSlim, Estraven, ENOUGH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, I think they're just expecting too much from us

It seems like every time I turn the tube on, I have to hear the stupid repetitive commercials for all of those prescription meds that I am simply sick of. And yeh, when they say side effects may include the following blah blah blah, sheesh, why don't they just say 'the end could be very near if you take these'?:cool: I really feel as though we're being hit over the head with no option except to change the channel. I don't like being made to do that when I'm in the middle of a show I'm watching, just to relieve myself of these intrusive adds.:mad:

kitchenelf said:
I hope eventually they are barred from TV just like cigarette and alcohol commercials.

Alcohol commercials are barred? LOL... I guess I missed that memo.

mrsmac - - not only are the prescription medications, but they're prescription medications for "adult male, ummm disfunction" (if ya get my drift).

The Z said:
Alcohol commercials are barred? LOL... I guess I missed that memo...

In the US, you won't see hard liquor ads on TV. Beer and wine ads are still shown.

Actually, the restriction of booze ads is voluntary rather than government mandated so they could start advertising if they chose. The industry stopped advertising as a socially responsible action. You don't see that often enough.

kitchenelf said:
I hope eventually they are barred from TV just like cigarette and alcohol commercials.
Cigarette companies still advertise on TV. They just do it in the guise of trying to prevent kids from smoking. Have you ever paid attention to those ads? They make smoking sound appealing to kids.

:mad: Barbara

The Z said:
Alcohol commercials are barred? LOL... I guess I missed that memo.

mrsmac - - not only are the prescription medications, but they're prescription medications for "adult male, ummm disfunction" (if ya get my drift).

YUK!!! On TV?? I hope we never get them!
We do have all alcohol adds including spirits but the beer ones are usually really funny.

Back
Top Bottom