Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
It's snowing here this morning, accumulations possiby up to an inch.

Of course, up in Goodweeds neighborhood, they're saying it's possibly going to be 2 feet of snow!

Anybody else ready for winter?

John

wow! the leaves are just turning colors here. another week or 2 'till full color.

i'm hoping for a cold, snowy winter so i can go out and play a lot. haven't skiied for 2 seasons now (1st year sick baby, 2nd year injured wife), so i'm dying to get out a rip a good run.

lol ronjohn, i still haven't learned to use the snowblower i was given. gonna have to get it out and see if it starts, see what all of the controls do.

I've been working the past few days tidying up the garden. But tonight we have our first predicted frost, and will have frost the next several nights, so wintry weather is in Southern Ohio. I will have to gather the green peppers today, and throw bed clothes on assorted vegetable plants.

i just learned I am going to Minnesota in December, geeesh:wacko: , think the snows will have hit by mid December?

Canadians....would you mind pulling that cold front back to your country? I'd really appreciate it. It's going to be 63 here tomorrow and that is ridiculous for Georgia in October. :LOL: :-p

Half Baked said:
Canadians....would you mind pulling that cold front back to your country? I'd really appreciate it. It's going to be 63 here tomorrow and that is ridiculous for Georgia in October. :LOL: :-p

Wait just a minute!! I'm NORTH of Windsor, Ontario Canada! I surely don't need any more cold fronts!! :ROFLMAO: :-p :ROFLMAO:

John

ronjohn55 said:

Of course, up in Goodweeds neighborhood, they're saying it's possibly going to be 2 feet of snow!

John

Yikes! My mom's in the UP right now visiting her mom and I know she didn't pack for that kind of weather.

With a little one just starting to walk, I'm actually hoping for a mild winter. Usually I'm all for snow but this year I do not want to be trapped inside!!!

ronjohn55 said:

Not quite yet, enjoying fall, Iam 45 mins. from you - very cold wind but sunny ! Too cold too soon - chill factor was 23 F this morning --- time to make some soup ! :whistling

bethzaring said:
I've been working the past few days tidying up the garden. But tonight we have our first predicted frost, and will have frost the next several nights, so wintry weather is in Southern Ohio. I will have to gather the green peppers today, and throw bed clothes on assorted vegetable plants.

i just learned I am going to Minnesota in December, geeesh:wacko: , think the snows will have hit by mid December?
In Minnesota- I would surely think so -they get alot of it !

bethzaring said:

Noooo... Of course not! :angel: :whistling :innocent:

John

if it is going to be cold i want snow. high today 43 and low tonight
28 burrrrrr

tomorrow 56 and sunny

good weather for all day cooking

bethzaring said:

We've got a dusting on the ground already!

December? Maybe, maybe not. Supposedly it's going to be a mild winter, whatever that means. They've said that for the last few years, and we've not had much snow. This dusting won't last as in a few days the forecast says upper 40s to low 50s.

Anything can happen weatherwise here. Some ten or so years ago the Halloween blizzard dumped some 2 feet of snow. Then, when Mrs Big Dog and I were married in December 1998, the day of our wedding was overcast and around 50 degrees and no trace of snow.

Long story short, all bets are off. There's no guarentee it will be cold, let alone snow.

Consider me completely jealous of you who actually have the real 4 seasons. We have summer, hotter-than-summer, warmer-than-spring and smog.

Today's forecast is upper 70's to mid 80s. ugh! I can't stand heat.

I want snow! Anyone want to send me their cold fronts?

Well actually, my front is pretty warm from all the coughing, but my behind is a bit chilly. Would a cold behind do it for you jkath? :LOL: :cool:

Cooler here today, too. Instead of opening the doors this morning and leaving them open after I fed the outside kitties, I had to close them. That kind of makes me sad and upsets the inside kitties. They can't converse with their outdoor counterparts. Our little indoor Tigger spent the better part of breakfast time wandering around the kitchen and crying. Kept going back and forth to the breakfast room door. Poor baby, he misses his friends.

However, by this time in October I'm ready for colder weather. I LOVE cold weather. Was the happiest when I lived in Minnesota up near the Canadian border. We never get much snow here and I think that should be a requirement at Christmastime.

Bring on the cold weather. Time for yummy cold weather comfort food!

Back
Top Bottom