Let the Par-Tay Begin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
E vai, CHEF CORINNE!!! Congratulations, we are soooo happy for you!!
I am sure you will make so many people happy and brighten up their days with all your goodies!!:) :) :)

oh, I'm so happy for you! You're going to love it! I'll have that VeraBluetini with a sugared rim, please.

In case anyone is interested in a follow-up to my story:
I started training at the home on Thursday. I'm still at the bank for another week & 1/2, plus Mondays (my day off from the home). Did 3 hours that day, 3 hours yesterday, & a normal shift today (6 hours). It's going very well. My biggest stumbling block is this: trying to keep the "Mechanical Soft & Ground #2" diets straight - I keep mixing them up & haven't figured out a method for remembering them yet. Other than that? All is well!

I found out last night that I was very fortunate to get this job - there were at least 4 other applicants, with cooking experience of some sort. My references must have put me over the top. That & my prayers & DCer's support! That's all I can figure.:)

Corinne,
I'm so tickled for you. You are just going to be the very best..How lucky they are to have found you...
Tell me the difference in the two methods you have to remember. Mechanical soft and ground...I know that they have special diets per patient, maybe my DH has an idea, we use to service 4 nursing homes with meds and he also had to check the charts and look at the meal plans...

kadesma:)

There are 4 different types of meals for the residents:
Regular
Ground #2
Mechanical Soft
Puree

Last night we served Split Pea Soup & Reuben Sandwiches. The Puree people got those 2 things in a pureed form. :( One of the other 2 meals got the same thing.

The regular people got a traditional Reuben Sandwich & Split Pea Soup.

The last group got regular Split Pea Soup. Their ingredients in their sandwich were all ground up, mixed together & then grilled just like the regular sandwiches. That makes me think that they were the Ground #2 people last night.

I'm gonna have to make my self a cheat sheet or write it on the palm of my hand for a little while until I get it.

Everyone there told me that sorting & separating the dietary cards for each resident is the hardest part. I find that to be the easiest part! :)

I've been trained by 3 different people so far - that's been interesting: the different styles both in & out of the kitchen. The guy who trained me yesterday is the person who's position I'm taking. No one thought it was a good idea for him to train me but it would give me some more experience. They all seem to be glad that he's out of the kitchen. He moved to the maintenance dept. His method of training me was to tell me to do something & then disappear! Yesterday was my 1st day of actually preparing the food. Everything was done by the time I got in the other 2 days.

I know everything's going to be fine - it's always a bit hard & scary when you start a new job, isn't it?!

Back
Top Bottom