Let the Par-Tay Begin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corinne

Sous Chef
Mystic, CT - transplanted from Lancaster, PA
Drinks & appetizers are on me! We did it! I was offered & accepted the job as Cook at the nursing home (Mystic Manor) today! I'm so excited!! Thank you all for your karma, prayers, good wishes, advice, suggestions - just everything that you all have done to support my efforts! It's been great to have so many of you behind me.

Corinne - who can't stop grinning! :D

YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!
YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I knew you could do it!

img_315610_0_60a41bee4ed7bb894825b97ae9e6bfe8.gif

What fantstic news Corinne. I'm so pleased and happy for you..I knew you'd find the perfect place for YOU..How lucky for the elderly at that nursing home...Good food at last:)

kadesma

Thats fantastic! I think I read that you have no experience, but wanted to pursue your passion in cooking, change your career. I think I have that correct?

Corinne said:
Yep, 0% "formal experience", 100% passion! :LOL:

And its the passion that counts!!! Good on ya and best of luck!!:) :)

(I did 2 years cooking in a Rest Home when I came back to live in NZ. Was very fulfilling indeed.)

Congratulations on your new job. This can be very rewarding for you and the residents. I had many years experience managing a nursing home kitchen before I moved over to the paperwork side of the job, nutritional assessments of the residents. Most cooks there start with no experience but inservices and training are quite rigorous. Yes, it is the passion for the love of cooking that will help you. This will be a challange that I hope you will enjoy. Stick with it, the cooks job has a lot of responsibility and you can blossom with the job. There is a lot to learn concerning local, state and federal rules and regulations, but the job can be a blast, especially if your coworkers are hard workers like yourself. This could be the perfect job for you, so glad you were hired!!

WOOHOO, good for you Corinne!! Congratulations. Now, go have fun and show those people what they've been missing!!!

Congratulations!!

But what's with this partying right after you get the job?? :wacko:
Back to work! BACK-TO-WORK!!! :-p :-p :-p

Just kidding, of course!!

John

Back
Top Bottom