Let's talk fast food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I don't like most fast food places I like Sonic burgers we can get them here with green chili on them I do love BKs Whoppers but only have one once every few years. Used to love A&W but those are far and few between. MC Ds I can tolerate I hafto. When on the road and you come across a good one the mom and pop burger stands can be really good. None where I live but the Lota Burgers are good but I think they are only in New Mexico. Not fond of KFC at all I think you can get better fried chicken at some of the grocery stores. I have heard that Popeyes is good but never have been where they sell it.

We have a pretty good Hardee's here. DH gets their soft shell tacos, and I get the Little Thickburger, which is just my size. They also have a tasty grilled chicken sandwich on sourdough bread, except they're a little heavy on the mayo...but most folks like that.

From McYuck's, I like the Egg McMuffin and the hashbrowns. I used to love their fries, but Hardee's new Natural Fries have surpassed them.

Taco Bell seems to be very popular. I haven't told anyone this story but...Right after my husband and I got married...on the way to our suite...we went by taco bell and picked two of everything! :pig:

I had been dieting for the entire year we were engaged and boy did it feel good to stuff my face with tacos. Lord knows I didnt see a scrap of food at the wedding. :glare:

For me fast food has it's place. Like when I am in the mood for it. I don't get the chance very often but when I do have that craving, I like taco bell bean burritos, Wendy's bacon classic or Micky's big mac. Throw a chocolate shake in with those and I have done some damage!!

We hardly ever eat fast food, it just doesnt fit into the budget, BUT my favorite would be Burger King! I dont like Mickey D's at all! I do remember from my childhood, Bojangles, LOVED them but that was only when I spent the summer in Va, they dont have them here in Florida either!:(

We hardly ever eat fast food, it just doesnt fit into the budget, BUT my favorite would be Burger King! I dont like Mickey D's at all! I do remember from my childhood, Bojangles, LOVED them but that was only when I spent the summer in Va, they dont have them here in Florida either!:(

i love bojangles .. the steak egg and cheese biscuits are the best ...

I don't go to the chain/franchise places much. About the only one I've been to in the last couple years is Quizno's. It was OK, better than Subway (though it's been awhile, there's a chance Subway has improved, it just seems unlikely to me)

That's not to say that I don't eat fast food. It's just that I have a much better selection available to me. Around here we have an excellent selection of mom & pop places that are much better in quality. I go to a lot of burrito shops/taco trucks, Vietnamese sandwich shops, gyros shops, noodle houses, hot dog shops and other sandwich/salad places.

i did not see carl's jr. on anyones list. maybe there aren't where you live. when i want a grease fix, i order their western bacon cheese-burger. their fries are o.k. but not as good as mc.

I try, try, try to avoid fast food, but sometimes McDonalds is the only place that's open. I try not to think too much about what I'm eating, though. I like Sonic, and Steak n' Shake a lot, but mostly for the drinks and milkshakes!

The closest fast food chain to my home is at least 40 miles away. But when I do get in the vicinity of one here is what I have:

Panda Express: kung pao chicken, Beijing beef, chow mein
Taco Bell: 2 tacos or crunchwrap supreme
Carl's Jrs: Jalapeno Burger
Quiznos: Any sandwich is good.
KFC: Boneless chicken (buffalo), coleslaw, mashed potatoes and gravy

Back
Top Bottom