"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #1001
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I really enjoyed Grease! DH was upstairs watching tennis or some other sport.

The staging was impressive, and the casting was great!
Yeah it was impressive -- especially being live and not lip synced.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #1002
Master Chef

I wish I would have caught that Grease production! I saw the original on Broadway as a teen on a trip to NYC with my Mom and I'll never forget it. Little did anyone know it would become a classic.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #1003
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Watched (most of) FOX's "Grease, Live" and all I can say is WOW!

I started to watch last night. First thing that kind of was weird was that singer in the very beginning. First of all I could barely hear her, second of all What was with that bra thing? Totally weird. Third of all, she is was not a good singer by any stretch. And who is she anyways?

I have to finish watching before making the final decision if I like it or not.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #1004
Master Chef

Finally I finished watching the whole thing. I liked it. I still have the question, who was that singer in the beginning?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #1005
Sous Chef

I don't have a TV, but I watch a lot of my shows on the computer. Let's see, the ones I'm currently watching are Superstore, Expedition Unknown, and Undercover Boss. The ones I will watch when they come back are Ghost hunters, Treehouse Masters, North Woods Law, Storage Wars, Catch a Contractor, Airplane Repo, Tiny House Nation, The Americans, and Better Call Saul.

The UK shows I enjoy (when I can get them) are Police Interceptors, Cuffs, Can't Pay We'll Take It Away, No Offence, The Nightmare Neighbour Next Door, and George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.

There was one from Australia that I liked called The Principal, but it looks like no one is putting up the episodes any more for it. There was another Australian one I just loved called Old School with Sam Neill, but I guess that just ran the one season. That one was great!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #1006
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I don't have a TV, but I watch a lot of my shows on the computer. Let's see, the ones I'm currently watching are Superstore, Expedition Unknown, and Undercover Boss. The ones I will watch when they come back are Ghost hunters, Treehouse Masters, North Woods Law, Storage Wars, Catch a Contractor, Airplane Repo, Tiny House Nation, The Americans, and Better Call Saul.

The UK shows I enjoy (when I can get them) are Police Interceptors, Cuffs, Can't Pay We'll Take It Away, No Offence, The Nightmare Neighbour Next Door, and George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.

There was one from Australia that I liked called The Principal, but it looks like no one is putting up the episodes any more for it. There was another Australian one I just loved called Old School with Sam Neill, but I guess that just ran the one season. That one was great!
You sound like me.Except that we do have flat screen tv's in almost every room. I can't stand the one in the living room. It's closer to me and my comp. It's always off. Prefer to watch things on my comp.

Better Call Saul is just starting season 2. Loved the first season. He is one talented actor. His brother in the show is a jerk. Double J. J.E.R.K.!

Did you know the number that they show on the billboards of the show you can actually call Saul? LOL! My son called it. Got the recorded hilarious message that they used for his show. "Don't make eye contact with your Cell mate" had me laughing in tears. Too funny!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #1007
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
You sound like me.Except that we do have flat screen tv's in almost every room. I can't stand the one in the living room. It's closer to me and my comp. It's always off. Prefer to watch things on my comp.

Better Call Saul is just starting season 2. Loved the first season. He is one talented actor. His brother in the show is a jerk. Double J. J.E.R.K.!

Did you know the number that they show on the billboards of the show you can actually call Saul? LOL! My son called it. Got the recorded hilarious message that they used for his show. "Don't make eye contact with your Cell mate" had me laughing in tears. Too funny!
I missed that? I MISSED THAT? I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT!!!

For posting that, you win the internets. I'm going to try calling it tomorrow when I open Skype back up.

I'm watching reruns of Breaking Bad right now. I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 last night and I have the other 5 downloaded on my computer. That's my assignment for tonight.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #1008
Master Chef

Singing along...but not loud enough to bother Himself.

I was intrigued with the concept of tonight's FOX presentation of "The Passion". "Jesus Christ, Superstar" pulled it off in 1970. "Godspell" has been an enduring community theatre production since shortly after it debuted in 1971. Have seen both of those by professional companies, and a few "Godspells" in little theatres. Tonight's version is just as good, but with music of "today".

I cannot believe how many of these songs I know, word for word. I guess I'm not as old as I think feel.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #1009
Master Chef

We watched this new show last Wed. and we agree it's going to be a good one, if you like that kind of thing. We've missed Gary Sinise lately, from the old CSI NY.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/criminal-minds-beyond-borders/

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #1010
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Recently, I heard about Cooked
This is a 4 part series on Netflix that I would love to watch,
so now i suppose we'll need to sign back up for...