Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My kids and grand kids have discovered Merchants Mill Pond State Park. They are big fans of shows like "Swamp People" and such. The park is the northernmost range for alligators. They want to see one so bad...so far, no luck but they did see a rather large cottonmouth moccasin last Saturday. Sometimes I fret about these shows. Things ain't always like they appear on TV. I have tried to instill in them the fact that they should leave such creatures be. Moccasins can be mighty aggressive this time of year.

this weekend i came across a national geographic series, 'locked up abroad' on hulu. it has had me absolutely riveted to its stark, horrifically true-to-life stories, typically about tourists or journalists in hostage situations in various countries around the world.
one problem though, is that the episodes fall into two distinct categories--one being treasure and the other, unfortunately, trash. i mention this so that you don't miss out on an extraordinary series by 'throwing out the baby'....:)

'highly recommendeds' of mine (so far) by country: india, panama, colombia, pakistan, iraq....

I find "Locked up Abroad" really interesting too Vit. I thought we were pretty informed about what wouldn't get us thrown in the clink abroad until I read this news report the other day. US tourist faces trial in Turkey over 'stones' - SCNow: World
We also like to bring souvenir rocks home, although we are about to leave for Hawaii in a few minutes, and we know all about not bringing home rocks from there with the wrath of Pele.

My TV Favorites

Lets see - I've got several shows that I watch:

Weekdays:
The View
The Chew
General Hospital

Weekly:
The Voice
Revolution
Body of Proof
Nashville

Weekends:
Cooking shows
Too Cute!
CMT's Hot 20 countdown
Dog & Beth - On The Hunt

Castle and BBT, here too. Slap on Person of Interest, NCIS and Elementary and my week is set...unless The Voice is on, which it is! :)

Another The Voice fan? I LOVE it! I DVR it for my mom. Who is your favorite judge? I'm stuck between Adam and Blake. My mom LOVES Blake. Last year CeeLo made us both fall out of our chairs laughing sometimes.

I love Dog the Bounty Hunter and his family!

It is bad television at its finest! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I used to watch it when it was on A&E and Ozzie was doing the theme song for it. The new one is just Bog, Beth and Leland. I always thought he was hot, although I'm probably old enough to be his mama.

I used to watch it when it was on A&E and Ozzie was doing the theme song for it. The new one is just Bog, Beth and Leland. I always thought he was hot, although I'm probably old enough to be his mama.

I see one of the old shows that is in syndication now.

It has the whole family.

Including Baby Lyssa! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Another The Voice fan? I LOVE it! I DVR it for my mom. Who is your favorite judge? I'm stuck between Adam and Blake. My mom LOVES Blake. Last year CeeLo made us both fall out of our chairs laughing sometimes.

Vitauta and I are both The Voice fans. I am very partial to Adam.

My kids and grand kids have discovered Merchants Mill Pond State Park. They are big fans of shows like "Swamp People" and such. The park is the northernmost range for alligators. They want to see one so bad...so far, no luck but they did see a rather large cottonmouth moccasin last Saturday. Sometimes I fret about these shows. Things ain't always like they appear on TV. I have tried to instill in them the fact that they should leave such creatures be. Moccasins can be mighty aggressive this time of year.

a number of years ago i was canoeing and fishing in a lake/river system in south jersey on a very hot day. i decided to pull my canoe up to a small island (big rock, really) in the middle of the lake, and hop out to take a dip in the water to cool off. as i swam around a little, i saw what i thought was a branch floating towards me in the flow of the slow current. as it got closer, it changed direction a bit and headed towards me. roughly at the same time, we raised our heads out of the water to get a better look at each other. it was a water moccasin! :ohmy: we both screamed like girls and immediately swam in opposite directions, me headed back to the safety of my canoe and the snake darting for the opposite bank. thank god it wasn't in an aggressive mood since i was alone and a good mile or so from where my car was parked, and the nearest hospital was at least a half hour from there.

I especially love my DVR during baseball season. I record all the series we like automatically so we don't miss any shows. So we watch the baseball game live and fill in with the recorded shows for those nights when there is no game or no new shows. Not to mention that we can watch two one-hour shows in an hour and a half.

We don't have a DVR so we catch our regular shows via internet, either on Hulu or the network's website. But last night I wanted to watch "Castle" as it ran so I flopped on my recliner, put our little notebook "Squirt" on my tummy, and watched the play-by-play on Gameday interspersed with the storyline. I love technology! :) Bonus ~ my team won. :clap:

Is anyone but me interested in American Idol or Dancing with the Stars? It's a given that some people really hate this kind of show, so if there's no interest I'll just move on.

Every Monday the old ladies have Bingo in the community room. They start at 6 p.m. and at 7:45 you hear loud talking in the hallways and then all the doors slamming. They make sure they are all in their comfy seats for DWTS. My daughter is another one. Don't call when you know that show is on. She will not answer the phone. :angel:

Addie said:
I have known a few men I would have liked to push over the edge! But they have laws about homicide. :angel:

Guess it goes both ways.

My take...no marriage = no divorce or homicide charges, no nagging, I do what I like, when I like and how I like.

I only have too justify my actions to my employer and when I get home...sweet serenity!

I love the freedom of being single.

Guess it goes both ways.

My take...no marriage = no divorce or homicide charges, no nagging, I do what I like, when I like and how I like.

I only have too justify my actions to my employer and when I get home...sweet serenity!

I love the freedom of being single.

Carol Burnett once said something like, "I would get married again, but only if we had separate houses."

CWS has the right idea, she has separate houses too.

Had to watch "Hell's Kitchen" tonight. Need to figure out the recording thingy on our DTV, so I could watch The Voice too.

Back
Top Bottom