"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #141
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I know there are those of us who really enjoyed the first season of Call the Midwife on PBS. Just a reminder that the new season will be starting this Easter Sunday, March 31st. Check your local listings.
This is a public service announcement ........
Thanks! I was wondering what happened to it last week!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #142
Executive Chef

'prisoners of war' is real, it's so real, it may be Too Real for some viewers. i needed some decompression time afterwards....

Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #143
Head Chef

Love PBS!

The American Experience

History Detectives

Market Warriors

Nova

Antiques Roadshow

Masterpiece Mystery

Masterpiece Contemporary

Nature

Etc.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #144
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris View Post
Love PBS!

The American Experience....
....Nature

Etc.
What, no America's Test Kitchen? No Lidia's Kitchen? And here you are on a food related forum...

I don't watch too much TV, although I do have a couple of must-watch shows. Love "Big Bang Theory" since we have a brainiac son - I watch that show and it makes me think of what our home was like when he was in high school and college and his friends would come over. Also watch "Castle" because Kate and Castle have great lines off each other. However, once baseball season starts I pretty much watch the 6:00PM news. Then it's "play ball".

But just like for sleep hours, there is only so much "TV viewing hours pixie dust" that is sprinkled on a home. DH seems to have laid claim to the majority of those two portions of dust, but it's all good.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #145
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
What, no America's Test Kitchen? No Lidia's Kitchen? And here you are on a food related forum...

I don't watch too much TV, although I do have a couple of must-watch shows. Love "Big Bang Theory" since we have a brainiac son - I watch that show and it makes me think of what our home was like when he was in high school and college and his friends would come over. Also watch "Castle" because Kate and Castle have great lines off each other. However, once baseball season starts I pretty much watch the 6:00PM news. Then it's "play ball".

But just like for sleep hours, there is only so much "TV viewing hours pixie dust" that is sprinkled on a home. DH seems to have laid claim to the majority of those two portions of dust, but it's all good.
Love Big Bang Theory, I went to school with those guys, my Dad and brother are a couple of those guys...no I do not resemble Penny, I'm a mix between Bernadette and Amy Farah Fowler.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #146
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess

Eek! No kidding,

I watch both of those. I love it when Lydia has her beautiful grand kids and her lovely mother on.

I watch Americas Test Kitchen, Jaques Pepin, Simply Ming and Rick Bayless.

Christina Cooks is not a fave of mine.

Barbeque U is good also.

I guess I pretty much watch them all when I have the time.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #147
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Love Big Bang Theory, I went to school with those guys, my Dad and brother are a couple of those guys...no I do not resemble Penny, I'm a mix between Bernadette and Amy Farah Fowler.
FWIW, you don't come across as "blonde" (noNoNO offense to blondes!) so I wouldn't think of you as Penny.

Our real estate agents back home have been friends with us from when our boys played CYO football back in 4th grade. Their daughter went to NYU and one of her roommates was the actress who plays Bernadette. Never met her, but I do know someone else who played Christine from "The Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway. And here I am, famous for...nuthin'.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #148
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris View Post
Eek! No kidding,

I watch both of those. I love it when Lydia has her beautiful grand kids and her lovely mother on.

I watch Americas Test Kitchen, Jaques Pepin, Simply Ming and Rick Bayless.

Christina Cooks is not a fave of mine.

Barbeque U is good also.

I guess I pretty much watch them all when I have the time.
I've caught Jaques Pepin a few times but can't watch him when he has Julia Child on. No offense to Julie, she was a tremendous cook and all, but since we get WGBH as a local PBS station I've had Julia overload. Some Saturdays they run her pretty much from noon to 6:00.

Love Ming (my sil met him) and BBQ U. Also, the Rhode Island station shows Chef Staib from Philly's "City Tavern" in a series called "Taste of History" that is excellent for both cooks and history buffs. I'd watch Martha Stewart because she does do a very good job of going over the basics in her Martha's Cooking School that is playing right now, but her manner of speaking can put me right to sleep. Don't have that problem with ABC's "The Chew" though. It's more a cooking-light thing but I have made more than one of Michael Symon's dishes with great reviews from DH. As long as hubby's happy we're all happy.

OK, I guess I do watch more TV than I thought once I list everything. But it's mostly cooking stuff.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #149
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess

...Also, the Rhode Island station shows Chef Staib from Philly's "City Tavern" in a series called "Taste of History" that is excellent for both cooks and history buffs.
Love eating...love history. I don't get that program here but it sounds interesting.

http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/a-taste-of-history/

Episodes are available on you-tube so I'll check them out there.

Thanks! :)
Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 AM   #150
Executive Chef

The very hungry Frenchman is a beautifully gentle prog, Raymond Blanc is beyond comparison.