"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1501
Chef Extraordinaire

No doubt about it, his remarkable talent has evolved. I loved one of the comments.."He's one bad a$$ old man".

Still handsome too.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:27 PM   #1502
Chef Extraordinaire

Karamu: 100 Years in the House

We watched a PBS show about Karamu Playhouse in Cleveland tonight. Although the theatre has been around for 100 years, the original "social club" began a few years earlier as one of the Cleveland Settlement Houses. I remember my Mom telling me stories about her times spent in her neighborhood's settlement house learning to do hand sewing (which she never really caught on with) and performing in plays (hmm, do I see where I get that from?).

It was an interesting, albeit short, history and overview of how important Karamu was in the neighborhood. It became, and remains, one of the premier community theatres dedicated to advancing African-American actors, playwrights, and other creative artists in their talents.

If you're interested in seeing the show and it isn't listed on your TV schedule, you can watch it (about 25 minutes) via the PBS "Ideastream" link:
Karamu: 100 Years in the House

"The only running I do anymore is running late..."~~~moi
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #1503
Master Chef

Is anybody watching Blue Bloods? I have a question about Danie's wife, please.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:00 AM   #1504
Chef Extraordinaire

We watch it faithfully every week, Charlie. The actress who played Linda Reagan, Amy Carlson, decided to leave at the end of her contract period rather than negotiate a new contract. I know how they wrote her character out of the story line, too, but I'm not sure if you want to know that right now. If you do, just let me know and I'll fill you in.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #1505
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
We watch it faithfully every week, Charlie. The actress who played Linda Reagan, Amy Carlson, decided to leave at the end of her contract period rather than negotiate a new contract. I know how they wrote her character out of the story line, too, but I'm not sure if you want to know that right now. If you do, just let me know and I'll fill you in.
What episode was her last one? I don't watch regularly, so usually just try to catch up to what I missed. Also which episode the house gets burned?

Thank you
Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #1506
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm totally hooked on The Alienist. You know it's good when you look forward to getting an hour free to watch an episode here and there.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #1507
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
What episode was her last one? I don't watch regularly, so usually just try to catch up to what I missed. Also which episode the house gets burned?

Thank you
Blue Bloods is our very favorite series..we never miss it. She was gone when the new season started in the fall. They never had a house fire on Blue Bloods, you must be thinking "This is Us"..another favorite of mine, although SC doesn't watch that.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #1508
Chef Extraordinaire

We’re watching The Voice right now...
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:36 AM   #1509
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post

Thank you
She appeared in the last episode of last season, then decided to not return before this year started to film. They eliminated her character by having a medivac helicopter crash while she was in it assisting a patient. Never showed that scene, just referred to it in an early episode this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
...They never had a house fire on Blue Bloods...
Actually, they did Kayelle. The season 7 finale was Danny and Linda Reagan's house on fire after a drug cartel bombed it. The entire family was huddled together outside and fine. And then the start of season 8? *poof* Linda's gone.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:19 AM   #1510
Cook

Well as this is a cooking forum I would say Saturday Kitchen, Marry Berry, Nigela and Lorraine Pascale
As for the rest. I love all proper comedy (old stle) Only fools, Dads army, Hall o Hallo, hi-de-hi, rising damp, birds of a feather.
Others are Frost and Morse.

otuatail is offline   Reply With Quote