Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That show looks silly to me Kylie, but I'll probably give it a chance with the first episode.

Yes, we are not too sure of it Kayelle

Steve has read the book and thought it was okay, but dont know about the show

I just bought the season on Amazon Instant Video. It's still pretty new, so I don't think it's available anywhere free yet or part of a service like NetFlix.

Thanks Steve. I went to Amazon and after watching the sneak preview and trailer, I bought the first episode for $1.99. Orphan Black looks like something I'd really like and my Steve will be flying with CAP this weekend so it will give me something to watch. I expect to buy the season after I check out the first episode, and maybe it would be worth the extra buck for the HD with the remaining episodes?

Does anyone here follow a show called "Orphan Black"? I no longer have cable TV, but I think it was originally broadcast on BBC America. I've been watching online and am completely hooked.

The premise is that this woman witnesses the suicide of someone who looks exactly like her. It turns out that she has a number of clones that exist around the world. As if that weren't enough of a good sci-fi story, there is also a hint of intrigue with several sinister background plots and conspiracies.

The lead actress in this series deserves an Emmy (or whatever the TV award is) for all of the different roles she plays in each episode.

Good stuff.

I missed the beginning of "Orphan Black" so I am waiting for it to come out on video.

"Under The Dome", I read the book, I will give it a chance.

Himself and I watched "Whodunnit?" tonight. I know how when you watch one of these casted "reality" shows you're supposed to become vested in one of the contestants and hope they win, right? By the time the episode was over I would have been OK if they all had ended up being "victim 2". Himself said he wished the show's writers were the next to die. Guess we didn't like it, huh? :LOL: And to think they're both ABC, maybe the show's creators need to share an office suite with the folks who put on "Castle".

All in all it was an hour of my life that I'll never get back...*sigh* :(

Himself and I watched "Whodunnit?" tonight. I know how when you watch one of these casted "reality" shows you're supposed to become vested in one of the contestants and hope they win, right? By the time the episode was over I would have been OK if they all had ended up being "victim 2". Himself said he wished the show's writers were the next to die. Guess we didn't like it, huh? :LOL: And to think they're both ABC, maybe the show's creators need to share an office suite with the folks who put on "Castle".

All in all it was an hour of my life that I'll never get back...*sigh* :(

The ads pushing Whodunnit sounded pretty good, so on Sunday night I tuned in. Unfortunately for Whodunnit, the PBS station had an older BBC detective/mystery (an Inspector Lewis series show) on at the same time. After just a couple of minutes of Whodunnit I switched over to the BBC show and wasn't sorry.

The ads pushing Whodunnit sounded pretty good, so on Sunday night I tuned in. Unfortunately for Whodunnit, the PBS station had an older BBC detective/mystery (an Inspector Lewis series show) on at the same time. After just a couple of minutes of Whodunnit I switched over to the BBC show and wasn't sorry.

The only whodunits I watch are on PBS. :angel:

If you don't count news, which is quite often the background noise as I work in the kitchen, I usually watch no more than two hours of TV a day. Some days it's even less than an hour. Thought I'd give a new show a look. Another "meh". Never was much of a TV person...*shrugs shoulders*

Watched "Under the Dome" last night. Having read the Stephen King book, I don't see how they are going to be able to sustain the story from one week to the next over a long period of time. I mean, the people in this city are sealed in an airtight dome. I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say that eventually they are going to run out of air. So far, it's more or less following the storyline in the book, and the book has a definite conclusion.

Does anyone here follow a show called "Orphan Black"? I no longer have cable TV, but I think it was originally broadcast on BBC America. I've been watching online and am completely hooked.

The premise is that this woman witnesses the suicide of someone who looks exactly like her. It turns out that she has a number of clones that exist around the world. As if that weren't enough of a good sci-fi story, there is also a hint of intrigue with several sinister background plots and conspiracies.

The lead actress in this series deserves an Emmy (or whatever the TV award is) for all of the different roles she plays in each episode.

Good stuff.

Just started watching Orphan black, its good. Each episode gets you in deeper and deeper. Really enjoying it so far.

Watched "Under the Dome" last night. Having read the Stephen King book, I don't see how they are going to be able to sustain the story from one week to the next over a long period of time. I mean, the people in this city are sealed in an airtight dome. I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say that eventually they are going to run out of air. So far, it's more or less following the storyline in the book, and the book has a definite conclusion.

I asked Shrek if he wanted a side of beef about a second before the Dome came down...he still thinks I watched it before...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nope, I read the book. There's lots going on and I'm going to have to read it again, there is one string in there I don't remember from the book.

I asked Shrek if he wanted a side of beef about a second before the Dome came down...he still thinks I watched it before...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nope, I read the book. There's lots going on and I'm going to have to read it again, there is one string in there I don't remember from the book.

Dang. I didn't read the book, will have to get it.

Just started watching Orphan black, its good. Each episode gets you in deeper and deeper. Really enjoying it so far.

I agree. The little twists they throw in keep you interested from episode to episode. I've gotten all the way through the first season now, and can hardly wait until season 2 starts.

Last edited:
We have started watching a special called Summers Supermarket Secrets, it is hosted by Gregg Wallace, the host of the UK Masterchef :)

Does anyone watch Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares?

We loved both the UK ones and the US ones :)

Is anyone watching Under The Dome and if so what do you think of it so far?

We're watching it Kylie. I can't imagine it being a long running series and I guess we're wanting a conclusion, like a really long movie. Actually, I wish they had presented the show that way. I quickly became bored with the series "Lost" and I'm thinking the same will happen with "Under the Dome".
What do you think?

We're watching it Kylie. I can't imagine it being a long running series and I guess we're wanting a conclusion, like a really long movie. Actually, I wish they had presented the show that way. I quickly became bored with the series "Lost" and I'm thinking the same will happen with "Under the Dome".
What do you think?

Same here Kayelle for me with "Lost." Whereas The Pirate was addicted to it. No talking when it was on. A good excuse for me to get some housework done. And I never got started with Dome. Not my type of show. Like Spike, I prefer documentary type shows and history. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom