Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone watch Top Chef Masters? I have only just found out about this show and see that Curtis Stone is the host now....will be watching that :)

We just finished two season one series on DVDs. ''American Horror Story'' and ''House of cards'' Both were kind of interesting. Nice to be able to watch them at our own pace.We get them from our local library.My wife didn't like either one. She goes more for English murder mysteries Like inspectors Lewis or Linley. Nothing to graphic. Although we both liked the 11 seasons so far of MI-5. Season 12 soon to be out. mysterychef

Last edited:
We're watching it Kylie. I can't imagine it being a long running series and I guess we're wanting a conclusion, like a really long movie. Actually, I wish they had presented the show that way. I quickly became bored with the series "Lost" and I'm thinking the same will happen with "Under the Dome".
What do you think?

It's been picked up for another season that will air next summer.

What confuses me is what if it hadn't been picked up for another season? Would this season have wrapped up the whole story? I mean it had already been filmed. Maybe they filmed a last episode or something that won't be aired?

It's been picked up for another season that will air next summer.

What confuses me is what if it hadn't been picked up for another season? Would this season have wrapped up the whole story? I mean it had already been filmed. Maybe they filmed a last episode or something that won't be aired?

Interesting it's been picked up for another season, BC. I bet they will run out of food at some point? By the way it always cracks me up at the start of each episode to see the half cow perfectly split in half by the dome. :LOL:

It's a finite story, I don't know how they can keep spinning it out. I had to go and buy the book again, there is so much I either don't remember or the show is making stuff up. For the life of me I can't remember the end of the book.

i don't watch the dome, but my girl tells me that they changed the ending from sk's book version. reportedly, sk loves the new ending and has stated that he wishes he had thought of it himself when he wrote the book....

Vit, how did your girl get the inside information about how this tv The Dome will end? I'd love to know, but not necessarily learn the ending. As BC said, it's been picked up for a second season.

Vit, how did your girl get the inside information about how this tv The Dome will end? I'd love to know, but not necessarily learn the ending. As BC said, it's been picked up for a second season.

she doesn't know how the story will end, kayelle--only that king approves and endorses the change.

Do you remember "The Two Fat Ladies", when they were on TV? I went to the library today and rented their whole series on DVD's. I loved watching them cook and listening to their stories.

Yes, they were great, had a couple of their cooking books too

A similar show to that is The Hairy Bikers a UK cooking show too, very good :)

Do you remember "The Two Fat Ladies", when they were on TV? I went to the library today and rented their whole series on DVD's. I loved watching them cook and listening to their stories.

The one that smoked all the time died of lung cancer and the other one was really a lawyer by trade. :angel:

The new season on PBS started last week. The new show "Silk" is of course from the UK and a great show. Fast moving. Don't blink or you miss a vital part. The main character is a female barrister competing against the all male office seeking a major promotion. Last Sunday was the first episode. And right at the end they threw in a cliff hanger. She is pregnant and not married. Tonight is Episode Two. The first one got me hooked. I even signed up to get reminders from PBS. And the first thing this morning I programmed my TV for a reminder one minute before it is to start.

I have also noticed that there are fewer reality shows this fall season. Hopefully this is the last year for the ones that remain.

What really surprised me this summer was how "The Dome" is such a big, big hit. Even the old folks here are talking about it. I am one of the very few that didn't get into it. Alas! :angel:

Yay! Castle comes back tonight at 10:01 PM (what's up with the minute late?) and it's the only show I can't wait to see. Mildly interested in a couple other shows but I'll catch up with them when baseball season is over. Good thing my Tribe isn't playing tonight - Kate and Richard get all my attention for (almost) an hour. :)

Do you have any shows coming back that you can't wait to see? Or maybe one of the new ones caught your interest - and you haven't watched the preview online yet? I'm always up to waste time on good TV shows with great character development. Share? :flowers:

Yay! Castle comes back tonight at 10:01 PM (what's up with the minute late?) and it's the only show I can't wait to see. Mildly interested in a couple other shows but I'll catch up with them when baseball season is over. Good thing my Tribe isn't playing tonight - Kate and Richard get all my attention for (almost) an hour. :)

Do you have any shows coming back that you can't wait to see? Or maybe one of the new ones caught your interest - and you haven't watched the preview online yet? I'm always up to waste time on good TV shows with great character development. Share? :flowers:

Going to miss Castle...The Blacklist will be on and we want to see that and Shrek has the FB game on DVR. The Voice is back tonight.

Back
Top Bottom