Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now why doesn't that surprise me? Any man who is willing to have his wife sleep under another man's roof for an extended time, deserves to be divorced. :angel:
We had a similar programme on television over here. Any one who would consent to showing him/herself up to millions of voyeurs on (inter)national television deserves worse than divorce.

How anyone can appear on "Wife Swap", Jerry Springer, Jeremy Kyle and many other similar "shows" and show no shame or embarrassment at their vulgar carryings-on defeats me. As does the belief of the television programme makers that any normal person could be even remotely interested in this tripe.

We have an absolutely fascinating programme called "Heir Hunters" broadcast on morning television over here. It centres on the work of a company which follows up intestate deaths and tries to find relatives of the deceased. In this country, if you die without a will and no-one can be found who is related to you - Spouses, sons, daughters, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncle and cousins.

If and when a potential beneficiary is found s/he has the choice of using the company to deal with the necessary work or to follow it up themselves. Obviously if they choose to have the company do it they pay a percentage of the inheritance.

It isn't just voyeurism. The way the company's staff research the deceased's life and follow up leads is really interesting and I'd love to be on the research team.

I never thought I would like the Big Bang Theory but I was channel surfing and came across it and to my surprise, it is a funny show.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I never thought I would like the Big Bang Theory but I was channel surfing and came across it and to my surprise, it is a funny show.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Not just funny, but smart, too! What makes it great for me is I grew up with people like that. I understand the situations they get themselves into...I'm sure I've even been in some of the situations.:ROFLMAO:

Not just funny, but smart, too! What makes it great for me is I grew up with people like that. I understand the situations they get themselves into...I'm sure I've even been in some of the situations.:ROFLMAO:

Do you think Sheldon has some form of Asperger's, or is "on the spectrum," as my friend with a somewhat autistic son puts it?

Back
Top Bottom