Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I doubt very much if you have an addiction. Every so often I too treat myself to an expense that you would never normally find me spending money on. Mine is the largest Lemon Coolata that Dunkin' Donut has. It cost a whopping $5.00. I think that is a lot for just flavored crushed ice. For you it is entertainment that you really enjoy. Just like I really love those Coolatas. I do make sure I only have $5.00 to spare or I would go right back and get a second and third one. Lemon anything has to be my favorite flavor. I stay out of bakeries and only keep one lemon in the house are any one time. Otherwise I would be making lemon foods everyday. Finish the series and feel good about it. Enjoy it. It could be worse. You could be sitting on a bar stool and demanding the bartender put it on the TV there. :angel:

i wasn't going to tell anybody, but oh, WTH...okay, i'll open up to you guys. yesterday, i blew six bucks streaming three episodes of 'rectify' at amazon! you would have to know me in order to appreciate the absolute improbability of such an expenditure by me up until then. the worst part is, no sense of control--i returned for another three episodes today and will, no doubt, finish off season 2 of this phenomenal series tomorrow. i am feeling both guilt and shame for my actions, but no regrets. god, am i different really than a compulsive gambler or drug addict?! i have been attempting, half heartedly, to justify my 'rectify' streaming indulgences by comparing them to that of splurging on movie tickets every now and again. i just hope i don't have a gateway situation here, with an addictive habit of binge movie streaming in my future. but, 'rectify'? worth every penny. and so good, you may feel compelled to watch through the episodes more than once.

Not to worry Vit. If I want to justify paying for episodes I enjoy, I remind myself how expensive and addictive my life once was with cigarettes. I can by lots of episodes for what they used to cost me.

Not to worry Vit. If I want to justify paying for episodes I enjoy, I remind myself how expensive and addictive my life once was with cigarettes. I can by lots of episodes for what they used to cost me.

Oh yeah, I got a new pair of purple Nikes with that excuse...:rolleyes:

Inside the Actors Studio is presently on Bravo with the two hour Robins Williams special. It will be repeated again at 10 a.m. on Saturday if you should miss it now. :angel:

Mine says an hour too, watching right now. Thanks for the head-up, Addie!

And sadly now, it's over, replaced by some really strange women complaining about stuff.

Lordy, RW was a funny guy!

Last edited:
i just watched what i think is probably the worst "cooking" show that i've ever seen in my life: nadia g's bitchin kitchen.

holy crap it was bad. it was a version of triple d except with a tattooed woman that has a bizarre accent, chipping fingernail polish, and some kind of weird, tough-chick personality.

has anyone else ever seen this show?

i just watched what i think is probably the worst "cooking" show that i've ever seen in my life: nadia g's bitchin kitchen.

holy crap it was bad. it was a version of triple d except with a tattooed woman that has a bizarre accent, chipping fingernail polish, and some kind of weird, tough-chick personality.

I have seen it and I didn't like it at all. Not my type of show.

I can only imagine how that show got on the air, if you know what I mean...;)

that was my thought as well, k-l, but i doubt they have casting couches anymore.

if anything of the sort is true, she threatened a (false) harassment lawsuit against a producer or director to get the gig. sadly, that's the way things work nowadays in order to make up for decades of gender bias and discrimination. two wrongs apparently make a right.

but i'm just venting. i've had to deal with reverse discrimination my entire career.

as far as nadia g. goes, someone, somewhere must like the show. it reminds me of the old 3am public access cable shows.

that was my thought as well, k-l, but i doubt they have casting couches anymore.

if anything of the sort is true, she threatened a (false) harassment lawsuit against a producer or director to get the gig. sadly, that's the way things work nowadays in order to make up for decades of gender bias and discrimination. two wrongs apparently make a right.

but i'm just venting. i've had to deal with reverse discrimination my entire career.

as far as nadia g. goes, someone, somewhere must like the show. it reminds me of the old 3am public access cable shows.

She seems to have a following among people in their 20s. She was on Chopped All-Stars once; she went home in the first round.

i guess chips of nail polish in your food is ok when your 20, lol.

i looked up some info on her to try to understand her accent and found out she's from montreal. montreal? she sounds like someone that escaped from brooklyn and ended up trying out an eastern european accent.

to each his own.

Haven't seen her shows, only the commercials. I'd figured Brooklyn/Chicago mix, not Montreal.

Back
Top Bottom