"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #351
Master Chef

Thanks for the head's up on that new show DG! It sounds like fun, and something to watch now that all the good network shows are gone for the summer.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #352
Master Chef

I've always enjoyed Donald Sutherland, and this new NBC show looks promising just in time for the wasteland of summer TV.
Crossing Lines....

Crossing Lines TV Show NBC | Crossing Lines Online Series Summary

Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #353
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I don't watch "Reality Shows" since, IMO, there isn't anything real about them. I know, I know, they're really popular - just not my cuppa. However, I am an avid mystery reader and I've done some theatre work. That being said, do any of you plan on watching the debut of ABC's new show "Whodunnit?" Sunday at 9:00 PM EDT? I've seen the ads and it looks interesting. Then when I read the NY Daily News article I have to admit they had me at "(fake) blood". (Community theatres have a friendly rivalry about who can blend the most realistic fake blood. Formulas are carefully guarded. Give it up and the next blood you see might not be fake. )

Anyone else joining this dinner party? BwaHaHa...
I've seen the ads and will probably watch an episode or two to decide if I like it or not.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #354
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I've always enjoyed Donald Sutherland, and this new NBC show looks promising just in time for the wasteland of summer TV.
Crossing Lines....

Crossing Lines TV Show NBC | Crossing Lines Online Series Summary

That is one I am waiting for.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #355
Chef Extraordinaire

Is anyone going to be watching Under The Dome?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #356
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Is anyone going to be watching Under The Dome?
That show looks silly to me Kylie, but I'll probably give it a chance with the first episode.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #357
Master Chef

I generally don't do sci-fi, but Himself is considering that one. Thanks to Kayelle and PF I was also able to point out "Crossing Lines" to him. We don't watch much on NBC...
Old 06-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #358
Master Chef

Who will be watching Nic Wallenda crossing the Grand Canyon this Sunday on live TV?
Until I read there will be a 10 second delay I wasn't going to watch it through the splits in my fingers covering my eyes. Maybe a shorter delay, like say 5 seconds wouldn't be long enough for the fall if it happens. I'll never understand why people do crazy things like this.
Nik Wallenda To Cross Little Colorado River Gorge, Near Grand Canyon, On Tightrope

Old 06-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #359
Wine Guy

Does anyone here follow a show called "Orphan Black"? I no longer have cable TV, but I think it was originally broadcast on BBC America. I've been watching online and am completely hooked.

The premise is that this woman witnesses the suicide of someone who looks exactly like her. It turns out that she has a number of clones that exist around the world. As if that weren't enough of a good sci-fi story, there is also a hint of intrigue with several sinister background plots and conspiracies.

The lead actress in this series deserves an Emmy (or whatever the TV award is) for all of the different roles she plays in each episode.

Good stuff.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #360
Master Chef

Orphan Black sounds fascinating Steve! How are you watching it? I checked with Nexflix streaming and it's not available.