"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #361
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Orphan Black sounds fascinating Steve! How are you watching it? I checked with Nexflix streaming and it's not available.
I just bought the season on Amazon Instant Video. It's still pretty new, so I don't think it's available anywhere free yet or part of a service like NetFlix.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #362
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
That show looks silly to me Kylie, but I'll probably give it a chance with the first episode.
Yes, we are not too sure of it Kayelle

Steve has read the book and thought it was okay, but dont know about the show

Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #363
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I just bought the season on Amazon Instant Video. It's still pretty new, so I don't think it's available anywhere free yet or part of a service like NetFlix.
Thanks Steve. I went to Amazon and after watching the sneak preview and trailer, I bought the first episode for $1.99. Orphan Black looks like something I'd really like and my Steve will be flying with CAP this weekend so it will give me something to watch. I expect to buy the season after I check out the first episode, and maybe it would be worth the extra buck for the HD with the remaining episodes?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #364
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Does anyone here follow a show called "Orphan Black"? I no longer have cable TV, but I think it was originally broadcast on BBC America. I've been watching online and am completely hooked.

The premise is that this woman witnesses the suicide of someone who looks exactly like her. It turns out that she has a number of clones that exist around the world. As if that weren't enough of a good sci-fi story, there is also a hint of intrigue with several sinister background plots and conspiracies.

The lead actress in this series deserves an Emmy (or whatever the TV award is) for all of the different roles she plays in each episode.

Good stuff.
I missed the beginning of "Orphan Black" so I am waiting for it to come out on video.

"Under The Dome", I read the book, I will give it a chance.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #365
Master Chef

Himself and I watched "Whodunnit?" tonight. I know how when you watch one of these casted "reality" shows you're supposed to become vested in one of the contestants and hope they win, right? By the time the episode was over I would have been OK if they all had ended up being "victim 2". Himself said he wished the show's writers were the next to die. Guess we didn't like it, huh? And to think they're both ABC, maybe the show's creators need to share an office suite with the folks who put on "Castle".

All in all it was an hour of my life that I'll never get back...*sigh*
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #366
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We watched "Crossing Lines" it was excellent!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #367
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself and I watched "Whodunnit?" tonight. I know how when you watch one of these casted "reality" shows you're supposed to become vested in one of the contestants and hope they win, right? By the time the episode was over I would have been OK if they all had ended up being "victim 2". Himself said he wished the show's writers were the next to die. Guess we didn't like it, huh? And to think they're both ABC, maybe the show's creators need to share an office suite with the folks who put on "Castle".

All in all it was an hour of my life that I'll never get back...*sigh*
The ads pushing Whodunnit sounded pretty good, so on Sunday night I tuned in. Unfortunately for Whodunnit, the PBS station had an older BBC detective/mystery (an Inspector Lewis series show) on at the same time. After just a couple of minutes of Whodunnit I switched over to the BBC show and wasn't sorry.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #368
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
The ads pushing Whodunnit sounded pretty good, so on Sunday night I tuned in. Unfortunately for Whodunnit, the PBS station had an older BBC detective/mystery (an Inspector Lewis series show) on at the same time. After just a couple of minutes of Whodunnit I switched over to the BBC show and wasn't sorry.
The only whodunits I watch are on PBS.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #369
Master Chef

If you don't count news, which is quite often the background noise as I work in the kitchen, I usually watch no more than two hours of TV a day. Some days it's even less than an hour. Thought I'd give a new show a look. Another "meh". Never was much of a TV person...*shrugs shoulders*
Old 06-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #370
Wine Guy

Watched "Under the Dome" last night. Having read the Stephen King book, I don't see how they are going to be able to sustain the story from one week to the next over a long period of time. I mean, the people in this city are sealed in an airtight dome. I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say that eventually they are going to run out of air. So far, it's more or less following the storyline in the book, and the book has a definite conclusion.