Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JP is such a classy guy. I'm watching the clock and it will be on in another 20 minutes.

I hardly ever miss The Chew and it will be interesting how he'll fit in with that "off the wall" cast. I hope he gets the respect he so richly deserves.

Jacques Pepin blended nicely with that wacky group! He seems like such a nice, down-to-earth person in spite of his fame. Every time Himself and I are down around his part of CT, I secretly wish we'd see him somewhere. I still remember the time Himself and I went up to Warren Kimble's studio in VT and left the gift shop right around closing. We were sitting in the car planning our next moved. I got out of the front door and opened the back to get something when a Subaru started driving down from the barn at the back of the lot. It was Kimble, and he slowed down and waved as he drove by. I thought that was a pleasant gesture by someone so famous. I bet if I had made a move towards his car he would have stopped to talk, but I figured he was off work and deserved to get home to his wife.

Jacques Pepin blended nicely with that wacky group! He seems like such a nice, down-to-earth person in spite of his fame. Every time Himself and I are down around his part of CT, I secretly wish we'd see him somewhere. I still remember the time Himself and I went up to Warren Kimble's studio in VT and left the gift shop right around closing. We were sitting in the car planning our next moved. I got out of the front door and opened the back to get something when a Subaru started driving down from the barn at the back of the lot. It was Kimble, and he slowed down and waved as he drove by. I thought that was a pleasant gesture by someone so famous. I bet if I had made a move towards his car he would have stopped to talk, but I figured he was off work and deserved to get home to his wife.

Before you and DH arrived in these here parts, Julia would often dine in restaurants all around Cambridge (where she lived) and Boston. If you approached her during her meal, she would never be rude and remind you that she was trying to eat a meal in peace. And yes, she would always sign for autographs. Knowing she couldn't say No, the staffs throughout the areas would stand just off to her side and try to stop folks from bothering her. She was always surprised by her celebrity. :angel:

best season of the VOICE ever! pharrell has brought in alicia keys, and stevie nicks is helping adam in coaching their singers in the battles rounds. woww....

...and stevie nicks is helping adam in coaching their singers in the battles rounds.
As much as I love Stevie Nicks (I've seen her in concert six times, both with and without Fleetwood Mac), she is not what I would consider a great singer. Like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and others, I feel her real talent lies more in songwriting and being able to tell a story through her music.

But it makes for good television. :cool:

Is anyone watching the new TOP CHEF? They sent two home on the first night. The judges seem more blunt with their criticism this year.

Oh, darn....I just checked and since I downgraded my satellite package last year, I don't get Bravo anymore. :( I liked Top Chef - but I kinda like all the competition cooking series. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I wonder whatever happened to the cowboy who won 'Next Food Network Star'?? :ermm:

Oh, darn....I just checked and since I downgraded my satellite package last year, I don't get Bravo anymore. :( I liked Top Chef - but I kinda like all the competition cooking series. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I wonder whatever happened to the cowboy who won 'Next Food Network Star'?? :ermm:

Cheryl, do you have Hulu? It's on there.

Himself watches "The Mysteries of Laura" online and chuckles his way through each episode. Wednesday night we both watched it as scheduled. Oh my, is that funny! I do like Debra Messinger, so that could have a lot to do with it.

I love "The Mysteries of Laura". You are right, CG, Debra Messing is brilliant. The rest of the cast is great too.

I am really getting into Scorpion. It kind of reminds me of working with TB and his two partners in our Web Hosting/Developing Company. They are all super brilliant programmers but had know idea how to deal with customers. This lead to lost contracts and unpaid bills due to a lack of collection of payables. That is where I came in and ended up being made managing partner so they could do what they do best and I spoke both "programming" and "real life". ;) Needless to say all three of them like the show but can't see the connection between it and them!

I love "The Mysteries of Laura". You are right, CG, Debra Messing is brilliant. The rest of the cast is great too.

I am really getting into Scorpion. It kind of reminds me of working with TB and his two partners in our Web Hosting/Developing Company. They are all super brilliant programmers but had know idea how to deal with customers. This lead to lost contracts and unpaid bills due to a lack of collection of payables. That is where I came in and ended up being made managing partner so they could do what they do best and I spoke both "programming" and "real life". ;) Needless to say all three of them like the show but can't see the connection between it and them!

Typical <shaking head> I'm still enjoying Scorpion, it's the more real world of people like those on Big Bang Theory.

Typical <shaking head> I'm still enjoying Scorpion, it's the more real world of people like those on Big Bang Theory.

Having worked in the computer world for many years, I'm always dubious of shows that combine crime-solving with technology. First off, I don't know where these fictional, state-of-the-art crime labs find magical computers that are able to dig into every known database and display the results (cross-referenced, of course) with eye-popping graphics. But I want one.

Watch Hawaii Five-0 sometime. On average, I roll my eyes a dozen times per episode, and usually when they are shown in their flashy computer room. Most real life police organizations are using crappy obsolete computers running software that's at least 10 years old. :rolleyes:

I like Big Bang, too, for its nod to reality. If you've ever noticed, Sheldon has a Dell AlienWare computer running Windows. That's exactly the type of computer you would associate with a geeky professor type. Often you'll see the characters using real apps like Skype, and searching Google.

I'll have to check out Scorpion.

Last edited:
I guess I ignore the tech and watch the human interactions. The characters on both shows remind me of so many people I have encountered in my life.

Having worked in the computer world for many years, I'm always dubious of shows that combine crime-solving with technology. First off, I don't know where these fictional, state-of-the-art crime labs find magical computers that are able to dig into every known database and display the results (cross-referenced, of course) with eye-popping graphics. But I want one.

Watch Hawaii Five-0 sometime. On average, I roll my eyes a dozen times per episode, and usually when they are shown in their flashy computer room. Most real life police organizations are using crappy obsolete computers running software that's at least 10 years old. :rolleyes:

I like Big Bang, too, for its nod to reality. If you've ever noticed, Sheldon has a Dell AlienWare computer running Windows. That's exactly the type of computer you would associate with a geeky professor type. Often you'll see the characters using real apps like Skype, and searching Google.

I'll have to check out Scorpion.

I've noticed the same things, albeit on a less detailed level, as you Steve. Also, every good guy who is a computer geek can always break the encryption, breach the firewall or do whatever they need to do in mere seconds. It seems governments, big business and the "BadGuys" hire hacks to protect their data.

As I said before, we have to suspend our disbelief to be entertained.

Back
Top Bottom