Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New show on tonight, Golden Boy, we'll give it a go...if I don't like it, I'm going to bed early.

I watched Golden Boy last night. I didn't care for it. It looks like another Dallas type of show where everyone is stabbing everyone else in the back. Lots of flashbacks. I'll pass.

We watched the whole series and really enjoyed it! There were movies made before the series with the same actor, but so different from the series, weird.

My son Spike and I are hooked on Doc Martin. It is hilarious. Every Wednesday he comes over and we watch it together. Right now our PBS station is running it from the first episode. We both have seen the whole series but it is definitely worth watching as reruns again. :angel:

i'm looking forward to sunday on the history channel. "the bible" at 8p, and "vikings" at 10p.

Also...

Dexter, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire,

I lost interest in True Blood.

Almost anything on PBS,

Cooking: Pati's Mexican Table, Mexico one Plate at a Time, Simply Ming, America's Test Kitchen...

Woodworking: Woodsmith's Shop, Rough Cut and The Woodwright.

Mystery: Poirot, Sherlock, Wallander, Inspector Morse.

Also...

Dexter, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire,

I lost interest in True Blood.

Almost anything on PBS,

Cooking: Pati's Mexican Table, Mexico one Plate at a Time, Simply Ming, America's Test Kitchen...

Woodworking: Woodsmith's Shop, Rough Cuttings and The Woodwright.

Mystery: Poirot, Sherlock, Wallander, Inspector Morse.

the next season of "game of thrones" starts march 31st.

Last edited:
I don't want or have cable. I watch the series after they come out on DVD.

Its a great way to waste an occasional weekend.

Lately, my most favorite thing in TV is the OFF button.

When my kids were small I often would have to remind them to put the blaring radio or TV on station WOFF. I didn't care what they were watching, when it came to sitting down as a family, NO TV! It went into the off mode. :angel:

I'm progressing in the Breaking Bad series -- only allow myself one episode a day. Yesterday's was so scary and violent I'm almost afraid to watch it again -- but I can hardly wait.

My visiting daughter took me to Best Buy & twisted my arm to buy a Roku -- now I have streaming Netflix, as though the DVDs in the mailbox weren't enough.

Another Doc Martin fan here -- I watched them all and just wish there were more.

I've been watching "Brothers and Sisters" on Net Flix and now am into the 5th season. I'll hate to see it come to a close, and I guess I must have missed it because something else was on in the time slot when it aired on ABC. It's very entertaining with the talented Sally Fields as the super mom of the grown quirky and dysfunctional but devoted brood.

I'm progressing in the Breaking Bad series -- only allow myself one episode a day. Yesterday's was so scary and violent I'm almost afraid to watch it again -- but I can hardly wait.

My visiting daughter took me to Best Buy & twisted my arm to buy a Roku -- now I have streaming Netflix, as though the DVDs in the mailbox weren't enough.

Another Doc Martin fan here -- I watched them all and just wish there were more.

I am on my third go around with Doc Martin. I too wish there were more. I want to know how Louisa and the Doc make it through a cantankerous marriage. I even have Spike hooked on the series. He makes it a point to plan his Wed. evening for staying here until 10 p.m. Poor Teddy has to wait if he wants to go out. :angel:

One of my favorite shows, Kylie. I also love Blue Bloods, give that one a shot too. Both are so very well done.

The Doc Martin series is fantastic, and I can hardly wait for season 6.

It is very entertaining, thats for sure!

I will have a look at Blue Bloods, thanks Kayelle :)

I've been watching "Brothers and Sisters" on Net Flix and now am into the 5th season. I'll hate to see it come to a close, and I guess I must have missed it because something else was on in the time slot when it aired on ABC. It's very entertaining with the talented Sally Fields as the super mom of the grown quirky and dysfunctional but devoted brood.

I too watched all seasons of Brothers and Sisters, I loved that show, it is a pity it had to finish :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom