"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #391
Master Chef

Do you remember "The Two Fat Ladies", when they were on TV? I went to the library today and rented their whole series on DVD's. I loved watching them cook and listening to their stories.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #392
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, they were great, had a couple of their cooking books too

A similar show to that is The Hairy Bikers a UK cooking show too, very good

Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #393
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Do you remember "The Two Fat Ladies", when they were on TV? I went to the library today and rented their whole series on DVD's. I loved watching them cook and listening to their stories.
The one that smoked all the time died of lung cancer and the other one was really a lawyer by trade.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #394
Master Chef

Speaking of interesting Kitchen "Couples", if any of you ever have the chance to see the play "Kitchen Witches" you must go! We saw it a couple years ago. Himself isn't big on community theatre, going grudgingly even when I'M in a show! (But he does, the dear) We both enjoyed it immensely.

Kitchen Witches, The | Samuel French
Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #395
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The one that smoked all the time died of lung cancer and the other one was really a lawyer by trade.
Yes, that is right, they were great
Old 09-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #396
Chef Extraordinaire

The new season on PBS started last week. The new show "Silk" is of course from the UK and a great show. Fast moving. Don't blink or you miss a vital part. The main character is a female barrister competing against the all male office seeking a major promotion. Last Sunday was the first episode. And right at the end they threw in a cliff hanger. She is pregnant and not married. Tonight is Episode Two. The first one got me hooked. I even signed up to get reminders from PBS. And the first thing this morning I programmed my TV for a reminder one minute before it is to start.

I have also noticed that there are fewer reality shows this fall season. Hopefully this is the last year for the ones that remain.

What really surprised me this summer was how "The Dome" is such a big, big hit. Even the old folks here are talking about it. I am one of the very few that didn't get into it. Alas!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #397
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...What really surprised me this summer was how "The Dome" is such a big, big hit. Even the old folks here are talking about it. I am one of the very few that didn't get into it. Alas!
Yup, even Himself is lovin' it! Don't let him know I called him old....
Old 09-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #398
Master Chef

Yay! Castle comes back tonight at 10:01 PM (what's up with the minute late?) and it's the only show I can't wait to see. Mildly interested in a couple other shows but I'll catch up with them when baseball season is over. Good thing my Tribe isn't playing tonight - Kate and Richard get all my attention for (almost) an hour.

Do you have any shows coming back that you can't wait to see? Or maybe one of the new ones caught your interest - and you haven't watched the preview online yet? I'm always up to waste time on good TV shows with great character development. Share?
Old 09-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #399
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Yay! Castle comes back tonight at 10:01 PM (what's up with the minute late?) and it's the only show I can't wait to see. Mildly interested in a couple other shows but I'll catch up with them when baseball season is over. Good thing my Tribe isn't playing tonight - Kate and Richard get all my attention for (almost) an hour.

Do you have any shows coming back that you can't wait to see? Or maybe one of the new ones caught your interest - and you haven't watched the preview online yet? I'm always up to waste time on good TV shows with great character development. Share?
Going to miss Castle...The Blacklist will be on and we want to see that and Shrek has the FB game on DVR. The Voice is back tonight.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #400
Certified Pretend Chef

This is why DVRs were invented.