Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anybody fallowing Castle? I like the show, but do not catch the new episodes a lot. In last night episode they were talking about Lenie being murdered. When did that happen? i sure missed a lot.
As Andy said Charlie, it was Lani's double that was killed off last year. Also murdered was a double of Espo, both created by Dr. Kelly Nieman who figured prominently in last night's episode. The Jerry Tyson/3XK character has been a nemesis of Beckett's and Castle's for a few seasons now. Looks like he has an evil sidekick in the not-so-good doctor.

As far as missed episodes go, I know you can watch the last five or six most recent on Hulu if you sign up for their free account. Since that is all we have, I don't know how much further you can go back if you get the "Hulu Plus" paid service, which is around $8 a month. I think you can see all the old shows for some of the series. Himself has a freebie account and can catch up on anything from ABC or NBC, but again only the most recent shows.

This documentary 'Virunga' is in my Netflix streaming queue. Thanks for the nudge, Kayelle.

Also available on Netflix streaming are TED talks; Jamie Oliver did one lambasting sugar and the foods our schoolkids eat. Last night I watched the one from Mark Bittman, who reminded us what constitutes good food for us humans. Strangely enough, he didn't mention Twinkies . . .

This documentary 'Virunga' is in my Netflix streaming queue. Thanks for the nudge, Kayelle.

Also available on Netflix streaming are TED talks; Jamie Oliver did one lambasting sugar and the foods our schoolkids eat. Last night I watched the one from Mark Bittman, who reminded us what constitutes good food for us humans. Strangely enough, he didn't mention Twinkies . . .

Bittman left Twinkies out of the talk, again??? One of these days he'll get it right.

I've never used NetFlix, can I get some pointers, please? I know the TV can connect to it.

PF, I plead ignorance here. My daughter is to blame/gets the credit for my having Netflix. She started me out on the DVD plan, where they mail your choices to your regular old mailbox and you play them with your DVD player/TV. This Netflix Stream was added later, for an uptick in the monthly charge. There was also the purchase of a little box called 'Roku,' that sends the titles I choose to my TV set (another remote to try not to lose). My daughter also set this up when she visited me and I haven't got a clue as to how. But it's not a secret, and I'll bet some of our smart DC techies can help. I have found that although I love her visits, they can be expensive -- her airfare and my updating.

All that being said, I love Netflix.

This is exclusively on Netflix, and nominated for an Oscar. I haven't watched it yet, but intend to.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80009431

I could only watch half of this. It was S000 slow and tedious and I'm really disappointed because the subject matter interests me so much. I hate having to read subtitles constantly especially with a roaring headache and my eyes are not a 100% yet. Seeing only the first half, it's sadly disappointing as it could have been presented so much better.

Wow, the 2-nd part of two part Castle episode, was awesome. It would have been the great ending of the show. I do not know how they can beat this one, ever.

Does anyone watch Treehouse Masters"? I get the biggest bang out of that show. Who wouldn't love to have a tree house like those they build where dreams come true.
If you're down in the dumps this will lift your spirits.

Oh my gosh, I cut one episode the other day. That tree house is fancier than some houses I've been to. Absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I thought the season-closing Downton Abbey was really good. I'll miss the always-green scenery, the wonderful old cars & styles, and all the family, even Lady Mary (who was so prickly in the early episodes) and the staff. I thought Maggie Smith's performance was an award-winner last night.

Maggie Smith never fails to deliver a memorable performance that everyone talks about. You just have to love that lady! :angel:

I thought the season-closing Downton Abbey was really good. I'll miss the always-green scenery, the wonderful old cars & styles, and all the family, even Lady Mary (who was so prickly in the early episodes) and the staff. I thought Maggie Smith's performance was an award-winner last night.

I've just adored that show from the very start. Given what a hit it is all over the world I just don't understand why they need to have such a short season every year however. The cast must be very well paid working for such a short season, when a normal American season is around 20 episodes for a yearly series.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the ABC 20/20 show "Captive: A Journey of Hope and Survival". We were still working on Mom and Dad's home back when the girls were all kidnapped. I saw all the news stories about looking for the girls every time I was back home. I was so happy when they escaped two years ago I cried tears of joy.

Those young women are so very strong. Not sure I would have survived had I ever been in a similar situation.

I just finished watching the ABC 20/20 show "Captive: A Journey of Hope and Survival". We were still working on Mom and Dad's home back when the girls were all kidnapped. I saw all the news stories about looking for the girls every time I was back home. I was so happy when they escaped two years ago I cried tears of joy.

Those young women are so very strong. Not sure I would have survived had I ever been in a similar situation.

I can understand why you got caught up in it. When it is a story that is close to home, you can't just sit there and not. My heart breaks for the child one of the girls had. How does a mother explain who her father was. I was sorry to hear that he died. I wanted him to go to prison. The inmates know how to take care of child molesters. :angel:

I can understand why you got caught up in it. When it is a story that is close to home, you can't just sit there and not. My heart breaks for the child one of the girls had. How does a mother explain who her father was. I was sorry to hear that he died. I wanted him to go to prison. The inmates know how to take care of child molesters. :angel:

You nailed it Addie..Again.
It's a sad situation all around.But what's even sadder is 20/20 and other media outlets further exploiting those poor girls over that tragedy and now her son to. For what? Ratings? Therapy? I think that's just wrong.

So glad I don't watch a lot of these networks.

Seriously, me too...I cried tears of joy for these little gals when they finally escaped...same as I did for Jaycee Dugard in NoCal after 18 years and 2 children later from her captors....:ohmy: :furious:

Kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't forget Elizabeth Smart, Cheryl. Another one of those poor girls grabbed and hidden away. It's hard to wrap your head around how evil some people can be.

...I was sorry to hear that he died. I wanted him to go to prison. The inmates know how to take care of child molesters. :angel:
He was sent to jail, Addie. He "hung himself" in his cell. Since that was brought up in 20/20, I guess you didn't see the show.

...But what's even sadder is 20/20 and other media outlets further exploiting those poor girls over that tragedy and now her son to...
I'm going to guess you did not watch it, Munky. This in no way resembled the Bruce Jenner-type stuff I saw promos for, but did not watch. I thought the "Captive" report was done tastefully. Himself and I never watch those types of shows. We thought we would give this one a chance since 1) we are native Clevelanders, 2) I was spending weeks at a time back home in 2003 restoring my parents' home before we sold it, and 3) I hoped that Robin Roberts (a woman who has tackled her own challenges with grace and beauty) would handle this story gently. She did not disappoint. Watching this report, it seemed like it was a cathartic release for both Amanda and Gina. And Amanda has a daughter, not son. And she was never seen on camera. There was a third girl held captive, Michelle Knight, who has already released a memoir last year May. From what I have understood, she has moved on in her life on her own, not keeping in touch with the other two girls who were captured.

If anyone missed it and would like to see it, the entire 20/20 episode is at ABC:
20/20 : Captive: A Journey of Hope and Survival Watch Full Episode | 04/28/2015 - ABC.com

Yep CG, watched every minute I could of the Elizabeth Smart case. Not to mention many others.....I admit I'm a crime case watcher....:ermm::ohmy: I DVR'ed 'Captive' on 20/20 last night but haven't watched it yet.

You nailed it Addie..Again.
It's a sad situation all around.But what's even sadder is 20/20 and other media outlets further exploiting those poor girls over that tragedy and now her son to. For what? Ratings? Therapy? I think that's just wrong.

So glad I don't watch a lot of these networks.

The Only Good, and I repeat "Good", is that these girls will get paid for appearing on any of the shows. I just hope they are smart enough to have an agent that won't bleed them and has some compassion. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom