"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #421
Master Chef

I was just watching a show called "Deep Fried Masters". They were deep frying all kinds of foods to be judged for what would sell at the fair. Interesting.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #422
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I was just watching a show called "Deep Fried Masters". They were deep frying all kinds of foods to be judged for what would sell at the fair. Interesting.
It seems the more warning we get about fried foods, the more weird foods we find to fry. I took a look at my can of Crisco. Looked at the 'best is used by' date. 2010? Time to toss it. Been sitting on the shelf since 2009.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 AM   #423
Master Chef

I cannot wait for March to get here! Saw a preview on Fox for the updated "Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson. *swoon*

FOX Broadcasting Company ~~ Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey
Old 01-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #424
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I cannot wait for March to get here! Saw a preview on Fox for the updated "Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson. *swoon*

FOX Broadcasting Company ~~ Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey
Thanks for the heads up on this CG, as I hadn't heard anything about it.
After reading the article I'm excited too!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #425
Executive Chef

just wanted to let everyone know i haven't lost my knack for picking them--new tv show 'winners'. i'm really enjoying greg kinnear in 'rake', a series that debuted two weeks ago. kinnear plays a brilliant lawyer whose private life is a daily disaster--money woes, an assortment of addictions, strings of failed relationships--but an extremely likable, charismatic loser,without an ounce of insight, who keeps right on steppin' in it. the way this show is being 'raked' over the coals, it will be canceled just as soon as the half-dozen or so trial episodes have aired.....
Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #426
Chef Extraordinaire

Anything Good On TV?

On Nat. Geo there is a program call The Incredible Dr. Pol. He is a veterinarian and in his 70's. His whole family in the business and two of his kids are vets also. (I think. I know the daughter is.) His practice in located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. He is the kind of vet anyone would love for their animals. I just love this show.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #427
Master Chef

We really like that show too Addie. His good natured energy is remarkable. Sometimes it gets pretty gross when he's up to his shoulder birthing farm animals though.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #428
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
We really like that show too Addie. His good natured energy is remarkable. Sometimes it gets pretty gross when he's up to his shoulder birthing farm animals though.
And that is what I love about it. They hold nothing back. Having worked with 4-H farm kids, I have seen it all before, live.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #429
Executive Chef

I watched "Wicked Tuna" "Ax Men" and "Lockup" last night.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #430
Executive Chef

Now that the Olympics are over the broadcasters will start showing new shows again instead of reruns so there should be plenty of good stuff on TV.