Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love Tess Gerritson's books, will have to check out the Rizzoli and Isles series.

Although we know of her, neither Himself nor I had read any books when we first started watching. Himself has since read one further into her writings than these take place right now. But we are enjoying the shows, alternating between *gasp* and hysterical laughing during each episode. Warning, though, if you have a weak stomach: the props and makeup departments are great! Very graphic, but great. Let's just say that having done little theatre, and the fact that nearly every little theatre thinks that "their" stage blood is spot-on, I have a LOT of "evidence" to compare Olde Towne Hall Theatre's to.

Netflix's

Longmire

Murdoch Mysteries

I have two episodes of Longmire to go -- what will I do then without my Wyoming Sheriff of few words?

I'll have to check on Murdoch Mysteries; already have Midsomer Murders in my Netflix streaming queue for visits to the English countryside.

Another vote for American Crime.

I have two episodes of Longmire to go -- what will I do then without my Wyoming Sheriff of few words?

I'll have to check on Murdoch Mysteries; already have Midsomer Murders in my Netflix streaming queue for visits to the English countryside.

Another vote for American Crime.

I can have my next door neighbor visit, he's a Wyoming Sheriff...:ROFLMAO: I know the Chief of Police, too, she lives a block away.

Vitauta and Tinlizzie...I'm so glad to see other American Crime fans here. I wanted to talk about episodes from last season, but I didn't think anyone else here watched it. :ermm: :LOL:

This season is focusing on an even more controversial subject than last time. Not necessarily a feel good series, but the writing, acting, and camera/sound editing is superb, IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Crime_(TV_series)

I sometimes watch the PBS cooking shows on Saturdays. They have some good ones. Today I caught a new cooking series called "Project Smoke." Very well presented and entertaining as well as informative.
3 episodes so far, I only caught the most recent one. He cold smoked some steaks. Ice in a tray with a rack on top with the steaks on them. He set it on the far side of the coals, and on the hot side he threw in a few handfuls of hay, closed the lid and let the hay smoke the meat. In a few minutes, the steaks were smoked but still cold! Then he raked the coals and grilled them. What a great idea! I'd have to go out looking for some hay, of course. :)

http://projectsmoke.mpt.org/home/

Last edited:
I sometimes watch the PBS cooking shows on Saturdays. They have some good ones. Today I caught a new cooking series called "Project Smoke." Very well presented and entertaining as well as informative.
3 episodes so far, I only caught the most recent one. He cold smoked some steaks. Ice in a tray with a rack on top with the steaks on them. He set it on the far side of the coals, and on the hot side he threw in a few handfuls of hay, closed the lid and let the hay smoke the meat. In a few minutes, the steaks were smoked but still cold! Then he raked the coals and grilled them. What a great idea! I'd have to go out looking for some hay, of course. :)

Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke

PBS has posted other cooking show's episodes, not this one, so far. I give it thumbs up for nothing doing Saturday PBS viewing...nothing else was on. No big whoop...wanna fight about it?

The only cooking shows I watch are ATK, Cooks Country, and Jacques Pepin. Then I like Sunday nights Masterpiece Theater. But I can't seem to get into the present Summer Heat. Or whatever it is called. It takes placer in India. I am just waiting for Doc Martin and Downton Place to return. :angel:

Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke

I saw one of Raichlen's Project Smoke episodes quite by accident recently, and DVR'ed them. I enjoy it, too. :)

If I recall, one of our other members also uses hay for smoking - I think it might be Joey/Salt and Pepper.

Last edited:
:LOL:Thank god for PBS. Frontline is one of the finest shows on TV. The American Experience is another.

Which Hollywood factory crap escapism TV show were we discussing?

Last edited:
Leisurely Saturday afternoons, I tune into PBS TV on Saturdays and their cooking shows.
I guess that's all I wanted to add.

Last edited:
The thing here in the US we do not appreciate, is the British shows we get are the cream of the crop. When we were in England, one of the more exciting shows we watched was sheep herding, and another one on lawn bowling!
BTW, Addie, the name of the show is Downton Abbey

Caslon, I've found some good cooking shows on PBS just by leisurely viewing, too!

Sous....LOL - Somehow I envisioned British TV to be a little more entertaining. :LOL:

We've been sorta binge watching "Rizzoli and Isles" discs from the library. So far, two seasons down. Season 3 is waiting for me at the library right now, so I best be getting myself over there. Himself was asking when it was going to show up yesterday, since after "The Mysteries of Laura", current offerings by the networks on Wednesday are slim pickings for our tastes. Football tonight? Nope, dead bodies and bad guys. :LOL: Besides, Angie Harmon and her character make me think of our daughter even more than Sandra Bullock. One of these days I'm going to have to post a poll with Loverly's photo and one each of Bullock and Harmon, then have you guys vote on which actress out daughter could pass as. ;)

I love Rizzoly and Isles. Oh, and being a man, they both are so darn cute I like them even more.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom