"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #471
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Downton Abbey that just concluded it's 4th season here. I really loved the very touching final episode that aired on Sun. night.
But my deah! Everyone knows that Downton Abbey is THE show to watch!

It's de rigueur and needs no mention.

Oh, and have a great time on your trip. I'm envious!

Old 02-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #472
Head Chef

Kayelle said:
" I always set the DVR to record all the shows we like so we'll have a bucket load to catch up on when we get back. "

I hope there are no power outages (that last a long time) while you're gone. At least you live where the weather is a bit more compliant, not like the people in the East or up north.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #473
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Our luggage is all packed and sitting in the living room. I'm thinking about doing without American TV for more than a month, other than CNN to stay connected, and I'm already starting to feel withdrawal.

Like you Cave, I always set the DVR to record all the shows we like so we'll have a bucket load to catch up on when we get back. We record them even when we're home as I hate commercials and it's a real pleasure to fast forward them, not to mention being able to watch them whenever we choose.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Downton Abbey that just concluded it's 4th season here. I really loved the very touching final episode that aired on Sun. night.
Doc Martin is another favorite, and the remaining episodes are set to record, along with 48 more shows we enjoy.

The Pirate and I have had a standing date for Downton Abby. No conversation allowed. And tonight Doc Martin next season starts. Another date to watch TV for both Spike and The Pirate. I am always sorry to see a good BBC show end and then have to wait for the next series. Waiting for Doc Martin has been almost painful. Tonight the pain stops!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #474
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The Pirate and I have had a standing date for Downton Abby. No conversation allowed. And tonight Doc Martin next season starts. Another date to watch TV for both Spike and The Pirate. I am always sorry to see a good BBC show end and then have to wait for the next series. Waiting for Doc Martin has been almost painful. Tonight the pain stops!
Addie Doc Martin's new season 6 started three weeks ago here. Tonight when I'm gone, episode 4 will record.The title tonight is "Nobody Likes Me". Episode one is called "Sickness and Health". Are you sure you haven't missed the first three episodes? I hope not!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:17 AM   #475
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Addie Doc Martin's new season 6 started three weeks ago here. Tonight when I'm gone, episode 4 will record.The title tonight is "Nobody Likes Me". Episode one is called "Sickness and Health". Are you sure you haven't missed the first three episodes? I hope not!
Actually I was wrong. It starts here on March 5th. It all depends upon your local PBS station. Ours sucks big time.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #476
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I cannot wait for March to get here! Saw a preview on Fox for the updated "Cosmos" with Neil deGrasse Tyson. *swoon*

FOX Broadcasting Company ~~ Cosmos - A Spacetime Odyssey
Just a reminder, this starts tomorrow, Sunday March 9th, at 9:00 PM Eastern time. You know, in case you're interested.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:48 PM   #477
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Just a reminder, this starts tomorrow, Sunday March 9th, at 9:00 PM Eastern time. You know, in case you're interested.
Reminders set and sticky notes on flat surfaces, there is no way we are missing it.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #478
Head Chef

Quote:
Got it programmed!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #479
Head Chef

I finally watched the last episode of 'Breaking Bad.' Although some of the shows were hard to watch blood-and-guts-wise, that series was unfailingly interesting, well-written, and wrote the book on cliff-hangers. Really good TV.

Anyone know what Vince Gilligan, the creator, will do next?

I'm still watching last season's 'Mad Men,' seeing Don Draper crumbling bit by bit. Another well-done series imho.

I finished Helen Mirren's 'Prime Suspect' a while back and still miss it.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #480
Chef Extraordinaire

I saw about 40 seconds of Mad Men in two different sessions last week.
I guess it's something you'd have to see from the beginning because all I could say was, What the heck is this? lol
Clicking on Information told me nothing.