"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #491
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I was saddened to read this morning that Fox has decided to cancel the sci-fi cop show "Almost Human," ...
Sorry to hear that Steve. I was annoyed when ABC canned "Mind Games". I don't remember what its ratings were, but I think they were in the "meh" range. To add insult to injury though, ABC replaces this quirky, fast-paced dramady with..."Swapping Wives"??? How low the viewing audiences' level has sunk...

Old 04-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #492
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Sorry to hear that Steve. I was annoyed when ABC canned "Mind Games". I don't remember what its ratings were, but I think they were in the "meh" range. To add insult to injury though, ABC replaces this quirky, fast-paced dramady with..."Swapping Wives"??? How low the viewing audiences' level has sunk...
The one that gets me is "The Goldbergs". Good gravy! I barely managed to get through 10 minutes of one episode. It's got to be one of the worst sitcoms ever.

And yet it's been renewed for a second season.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #493
Master Chef

You're more patient than I. I can't even stand the commercials for it!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #494
Chef Extraordinaire

I heard that someone from my little town was in a Swapping Wives episode and that he end and his real wife ended up getting divorced after the show.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #495
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I heard that someone from my little town was in a Swapping Wives episode and that he end and his real wife ended up getting divorced after the show.
I don't know if I should laugh or not!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #496
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Kayelle, I too am hooked on the Bletchley Circle and also love "From Larkrise to Candleford." We get two different PBS stations and they must be airing different seasons as the time frames are all goofed up, I guess I didn't realize I wasn't consistently watching the same channel. :( But still enjoyable. Also was watching Upstairs Downstairs (the new version). It's all just a nice change of pace from The plethora of programming about doctors, lawyers, and crime dramas, that we get so much of here.
Thanks for the tip Bunny. I just found "Larkrise to Candleford" at Amazon. Sounds good to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
Is Bletchley Circle an ongoing series (available in the U.S.)?

I watched it on Netflix (2 discs, 7 episodes, 2012) and liked it a lot. Would love to see more.
Season two of Bletchley Circle is available on Amazon, although only the first two episodes are available right now, as I believe that's all that's aired on American tv so far. The show is fascinating to me, although I have to use subtitles as "English Speak" is hard for me to understand.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #497
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Now why doesn't that surprise me? Any man who is willing to have his wife sleep under another man's roof for an extended time, deserves to be divorced.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #498
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Now why doesn't that surprise me? Any man who is willing to have his wife sleep under another man's roof for an extended time, deserves to be divorced.
The same could be said for the women.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #499
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
The same could be said for the women.
So true. And it is probably the woman who insisted that they participate in the show.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #500
Master Chef

I wish I had more time to watch TV, as of right now I only manage to watch the 10 o'clock news and maybe half an hour of criminal minds. I used to watch a lot of TV on PC during work, when I program stuff, but now with new management, i stopped that.