Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw Episode 2 today. I don't have a TV - I just watch my shows and movies on Icefilms.

We watched season 2 episode 7 of Better Call Saul.
I love that show. He reminds me of myself at times. If I don't like a certain situation.It's game time! Do what I do best. Be obnoxious.:ohmy::ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:
It's fun to watch people freak out. I sit back and laugh with an innocent face.Did I do that look.;)

To make us feel better they brought Prentiss back in the last episode. Was sure nice to see her.

I've been also watching Quantico, but the more more I watched the less I liked. Finally I just had to stop in the middle of the episode today, it's just got to be too stupid.

Why is it that, almost always, when an Englishman (or someone with a so-called "English" accent) appears in an American TV "who-dun-it" we might as well turn off because he/she is invariably the murderer/jewel thief/shifty secret service guy, etc?

We may be a bit odd and we may have a few villains in our midst but we don't all go around stealing, killing, marrying the heroine for her money, etc., etc.

To be fair there have been a few intelligent, honest, kind englishmen/women in the permanent cast of a few series recently so perhaps the worm has tuyrned!

I think you're forgetting The Equalizer. Now there stood a Brit who was not only not a villain, but was the good guy and the star of an American TV series. Edward Woodward, we still miss you!

Do you get "Call the Midwife"? It's a series about a group of Midwives centered round an Anglican convent in the east end of London in the 1950s. Despite myself I try to watch it when it doesn't clash with something else I want to watch.

"M*A*S*H" - back on "True Entertainment" on Freeview. Two episodes every weekday evening and FOUR on Sunday night. Unmissable. My social life has completely altered since it came on. I even watch the repeats when the Sunday and weeknight episodes overlap.

"Monkey Business" - a long running series about "Monkey World" in Dorset, England about "Monkey World", a sanctuary which rescues primates from all over the world. It's absolutely fascinating. I gather that they have open days when the public can visit and see some of the work done at the centre. As well as caring for various types of primates they have a breeding programme for severely endangered species such as orangutans and some species of severely endangered gibbons.

I think you're forgetting The Equalizer. Now there stood a Brit who was not only not a villain, but was the good guy and the star of an American TV series. Edward Woodward, we still miss you!
Yes, I've noticed since that there are a few Brits sneaking into series as regular "goodie" characters.

Do you get "Call the Midwife"? It's a series about a group of Midwives centered round an Anglican convent in the east end of London in the 1950s. Despite myself I try to watch it when it doesn't clash with something else I want to watch.

I wouldn't miss it!

I see it on Sunday night and right after is a series called "Grantchester".
Nothing better than a British mystery with a nosy Vicar! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I miss some of the old shows like "A Touch of Frost", "Lovejoy", "Inspector Morse", "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates", etc...

I also have to get my fix of "EastEnders" every week, the episodes I see here are about six years old! I'm curious about a new program called "Redwater".

Last night and tonight Pirate and myself watch the two part series by Ken Burn on Jackie Robinson. I think that this series was right up there with his work for the Civil War. So tastefully done. And very riveting. It was on PBS. His widow was a major contributor for Jackie's thoughts and feeling. Each segment was 1 hr. 45 min. Worth watching a second time if they repeat it. :angel:

Last edited:

The latest season of CTM just started here, and I've loved all of the past episodes.

I can't wait for "Doc Martin" to start again here.

I wouldn't miss it!

I see it on Sunday night and right after is a series called "Grantchester".
Nothing better than a British mystery with a nosy Vicar! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I miss some of the old shows like "A Touch of Frost", "Lovejoy", "Inspector Morse", "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates", etc...

I also have to get my fix of "EastEnders" every week, the episodes I see here are about six years old! I'm curious about a new program called "Redwater".
All of the above are re-running on British TV at the moment.

For those of us who enjoy Ken Burns' documentaries, PBS is re-airing "The National Parks: America's Greatest Idea" next week. It's a 6-part series that begins Monday April 25th. It's re-airing in celebration of the 100th year of America's National Park Service. Peter Coyote narrates (LOVE his voice!). Gorgeous scenery and very interesting history. I just cleared out some space and DVR'ed it. :)

"The narrative traces the birth of the national park idea in the mid-1800s and follows its evolution for nearly 150 years. Using archival photographs, first-person accounts of historical characters, personal memories and analysis from more than 40 interviews, and what Burns believes is the most stunning cinematography in Florentine Films' history, the series chronicles the steady addition of new parks through the stories of the people who helped create them and save them from destruction. It is simultaneously a biography of compelling characters and a biography of the American landscape....."

The National Parks: America's Best Idea: | PBS

about the series, and interesting links: http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/about/

Last edited:
Cheryl we saw the original airing of that series, and be prepared to be blown away!

It indeed was America's Greatest Idea. Spellbinding story telling as only Ken Burns can do. He's always an inspiration.

You're welcome, Dawg. :)

Kay, I saw it the first time it aired too, gosh....must have been around 6 or 7 years ago. It will be good to see it again. I love KB's documentaries, they are amazing. I have slide pics of my mom and grandparents climbing Half Dome in Yosemite from back in the 40's. :ohmy: :heart:

You're welcome, Dawg. :)

Kay, I saw it the first time it aired too, gosh....must have been around 6 or 7 years ago. It will be good to see it again. I love KB's documentaries, they are amazing. I have slide pics of my mom and grandparents climbing Half Dome in Yosemite from back in the 40's. :ohmy: :heart:

What a treasure those pictures must be Cheryl!!

Himself and I decided to plunge into the House of Cards. We're about halfway through Season One, on loan from the local library system. We weren't really impressed after we watched episode one, but decided to continue on for another episode or two. Wow, did we get hooked! Himself said it's the evil version of West Wing. :LOL:

My one fear is not that this is how it really works in politics. My fear is that this has been watered down compared to how it's really done. :ermm: :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom