Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what bloodied children shows you are watching...

Let's start with "Law and Order, SUV." The majority of their shows are about children who have been severely abused, murdered, raped, kidnapped, etc. Sometimes it is about women being raped.

There are some fun summer shows to watch on TV. We enjoy AGT. Ok, so it's not "great tv", but we never fail to get some laughs and "OMG;s" now and then.

Hey, at our age, that's not such a bad way to spend an evening on the loveseat together. :D

I watch AGT as well but it's not as good as it used to be. Now they mix in really dumb acts which obviously shouldn't have passed initial audition. The seriously talented acts must feel insulted when they bring in these acts. They're better suited for the Gong Show.

I also like watching The Voice.

There's one. I don't think they're very graphic about it, though. What else are you watching?
Sadly, I'm afraid that show might go easy showing the atrocities those victims suffer. :( Real life isn't pretty, so any show showing real life shouldn't be glossed up. It's for reasons like that anyone who chooses to not watch something like "Law & Order: SVU" has sit-coms or 1940's movies to pick from. Don't like it? Move along...

Sadly, I'm afraid that show might go easy showing the atrocities those victims suffer. :( Real life isn't pretty, so any show showing real life shouldn't be glossed up. It's for reasons like that anyone who chooses to not watch something like "Law & Order: SVU" has sit-coms or 1940's movies to pick from. Don't like it? Move along...

And that is what I do. I know life is grim for some. But I prefer to live in the other half. I would rather watch an open heart surgery, than someone being murdered. It is just too close to home for me.

I watch AGT as well but it's not as good as it used to be. Now they mix in really dumb acts which obviously shouldn't have passed initial audition. The seriously talented acts must feel insulted when they bring in these acts. They're better suited for the Gong Show.

I also like watching The Voice.

In our opinion, Nick Cannon as host for AGT was half the entertainment for the show. I loved the humor and delight of that nutty lovable guy. Now, I just wanna slap that "Diva" Tyra Banks, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Watching Alaskan Bush People to find out Ami's diagnosis.
Does anyone else watch it? Seems like a lot of people hate it. I think it's entertaining in a weird way
I watch it but I'm pretty skeptical. I watch other Alaska shows and these people don't prepare for winter like everyone else. Then they have some excuse why they all have to move to town for the winter. Last season. The old man was sick. The boys could have stayed on the island. They didn't all need to go. I haven't seen any of the new season yet it's on my DVR. I usually shake my head and say this is a bunch of crap but I never miss an episode.

I watch it but I'm pretty skeptical. I watch other Alaska shows and these people don't prepare for winter like everyone else. Then they have some excuse why they all have to move to town for the winter. Last season. The old man was sick. The boys could have stayed on the island. They didn't all need to go. I haven't seen any of the new season yet it's on my DVR. I usually shake my head and say this is a bunch of crap but I never miss an episode.

I just don't like the idea of needing a bathroom break and it's a 20 yard walk outside a warm bed and it's -5 degrees. Some of those shows about buying a beautiful wilderness Alaskan house are beautiful, except for the outhouse. Piss pot excluded.

Last edited:
We were hoping that CBS reconsidered the cancellation of "Brain Dead" that we loved last summer. Sure it was a political sitcom, but it skewered everyone so it was OK. :LOL: I mean Tony Shalhoub as a plotting, devious senator? Great!

I love Tony Shaloub. I practically cried when Monk went off the air and I did cry at that last episode.

I just don't like the idea of needing a bathroom break and it's a 20 yard walk outside a warm bed and it's -5 degrees. Some of those shows about buying a beautiful wilderness Alaskan house are beautiful, except for the outhouse. Piss pot excluded.

That's not as bad as the House Hunters in Alaska show I saw where the young couple was looking at a house wrapped in electric wire to keep the bears away. That one had an outhouse, too, I think. So what happens if you need to go in the middle of the night and there's a bear on your porch?

I love Tony Shaloub. I practically cried when Monk went off the air and I did cry at that last episode.

That's not as bad as the House Hunters in Alaska show I saw where the young couple was looking at a house wrapped in electric wire to keep the bears away. That one had an outhouse, too, I think. So what happens if you need to go in the middle of the night and there's a bear on your porch?

I've used "latrines" before. However, that other Alaska reality show about them building an outhouse built with some sticks and mud and moss didn't make me exactly feel secure about ever being comfortable using an outhouse like that. Snakes in the outhouse. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Isn't this the family that were prosecuted for fraud with the State? They claimed that they were residents for a full year in order to collect the oil tax check that each full time resident received. Pirate used to watch it until he read that. And it wasn't in a newspaper of questionable reputation.

I'm like you, it's definitely sketchy but I still watch it. I watch almost all the Alaskan shows when I'm not watching the house flip, cooking shows! I just wonder why a bunch of grown boys aren't out looking for gals. Noah seems to be the only one interested. They are all really weird for better lack of words. I could only imagine going out with Bear while he runs and rolls everywhere while you are taking a nice stroll. :ermm::LOL: I watch it for the entertainment!

That is why you keep a Victorian Chamber Pot handy. My grandfather who used to be called "Potsie" made the handles for those pots. My sister and I shared one of them when we were potty training the children. It went back and for between our homes. It was a very pretty one with painted flowers all over it.

I like Bourdain too.....such a bad boy he is. I personally love how he expands the horizons of food around the world, and don't quite understand why one would would be so closed minded to only be interested in only our country's foods.

I like Bourdain too.....such a bad boy he is. I personally love how he expands the horizons of food around the world, and don't quite understand why one would would be so closed minded to only be interested in only our country's foods.

Very simple. At my age and with my health problems, I know I am never going to visit those countries. Nor do I wish to eat a lot of the foods he eats. And there are a lot of foods in this country I know nothing about or have tried. I would rather start at home first.

Back
Top Bottom