Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its one of my favorite times for our personal TV watching..

Televised Little League baseball championships starts today.. We enjoyed Little League Softball Championships a week ago and the College Softball World Series is soon, with College Baseball World Series Championship to follow...

We really enjoy the sportsmanship of young people playing ball.. Few egos and great baseball.. :)

Ross

If your last memory of the show is that of Claire leaving Jamie at the rock, my guess is you have only seen season one. I don't want to say anymore than that cause season two is SO good!

No-no, she is at the rock attempting to go back into the past. I think, if I remember correctly her daughter is there too.

I had to get the books because I couldn't stand not knowing where the story was going. Now I'm wishing she'd hurry up and publish another book (George RR Martin too). But, with that said, can't wait to see the books come to life again in season 3.

Ok guys, where are you watching Outlander? Netflix doesn't have it available for streaming...

It's Starz, which is now linked to Amazon so my guess is you can only get past seasons from Amazon.

I just can't bring myself to watch Claire & Jaime on any sort of video.
I own each one of the Outlander Series books, first additions,
and I have them in my minds-eye.
I do have to admit that I watched about 1/2 hour of the first
episode and turned it off, never to return.

As to TV watching, I saw this on Face Book this morning
and laugh my fool head off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-jIhwIfIw

VERY much looking forward to this new series.
Oh! How exciting, I love love love Sheldon :)

Game of Thrones

I started watching this show twice before and just never got into it; only watched a two or three episodes. Couple months ago I tried again and after half a dozen hours got well and truly hooked. Just watched the season 7 finale; about 60 hours of very, very good TV. Can hardly wait for season 8.

I might be the only person on the planet who has never watched G of T and Walking Dead. :ermm: I'm looking forward to the return of Grey's Anatomy (watched it since day one), and Designated Survivor - just because I love Kiefer. :)

I might be the only person on the planet who has never watched G of T and Walking Dead. :ermm: I'm looking forward to the return of Grey's Anatomy (watched it since day one), and Designated Survivor - just because I love Kiefer. :)

Neither SO nor I have either.

Neither Glenn nor I have seen any of those four programs. Also weren't taken in with Downton Abbey
Code:
None of those rang our chimes.

As far as TV viewing goes, we are definitely NOT reality show aficionados and will darned near do anything not to watch one. Our real life is our own reality, we watch TV for escapism.

I'm with you on that one, Katie! Cop/Forensic dramas are about all I enjoy anymore. Used to watch sitcoms regularly until they REALLY amped the laugh track so much. :glare: If it's funny, I can laugh without encouragement. If you need to hype the laughter, I'm guessing it wasn't that funny to begin with.

Nope, Nope, Nope and...really tried to keep up with Designated Survivor. Good acting and story line. Just seems like Himself and I always forgot it was on...until it was over. With just an antenna and no recording device, we have to catch most shows when they come around. If we miss them, oh well!

Outlander starts up again next Sunday, and the premier of Seth McFarlane's Orville is at the same time.

Then, Ken Burns' Viet Nam starts the Sunday after.

The DVRs are gonna get a lot of work.

I like Ken Burn's documentaries, he does them really well. I think the last one I watched was the Dust Bowl series. My grandparents tried to make a living during that era and ended up moving west to work in apple orchards. I'll be watching the Vietnam series as well.

Those are what I seem to gravitate to...I also like NatGeo, Travel Channel....those types of shows.

Outlander starts up again next Sunday, and the premier of Seth McFarlane's Orville is at the same time.

Then, Ken Burns' Viet Nam starts the Sunday after.

The DVRs are gonna get a lot of work.

The new Star Trek Discovery starts at the same time...we will be watching Orville.

Darn, I didn't realize that Star Trek was at the same time.

I'm going to have to try to record and watch that at work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom