Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a show on tonight about "Robbie The Reindeer". Don't let your kids watch this.
A slutty female reindeer lounging of a sofa with her breasts showing, some gay reindeer, and other characters that are very unsavory. Even Blitzen is evil. Certainly not suitable for young children. Not even suitable for family viewing.

There was a show on tonight about "Robbie The Reindeer". Don't let your kids watch this.
A slutty female reindeer lounging of a sofa with her breasts showing, some gay reindeer, and other characters that are very unsavory. Even Blitzen is evil. Certainly not suitable for young children. Not even suitable for family viewing.
Don't be a prude. The female reindeer have breasts, but they're covered in fur. You don't think young children are aware that women have breasts?

And as for gay characters being "unsavory," I really don't think you want to go there. :rolleyes:

Steve, it appears that a lot of viewers were thrown for a loop when they viewed "Robbie" tonight. "Fans Are Scratching Their Heads..."

There was a show on tonight about "Robbie The Reindeer"...
We watched college football all day, so I had to Google this to find out what you were talking about. Huh, did you know that this show is actually one of those fine BBC series that you love so much? :brows: The U.S. version had all new audio, with American actors voice the characters. I guess everything isn't all "Downton Abbey" across the pond. ;)

Steve, it appears that a lot of viewers were thrown for a loop when they viewed "Robbie" tonight. "Fans Are Scratching Their Heads..."
Seriously? This isn't a new cartoon. My daughter has had the VHS tape since she was a kid -- along with other British classics, such as Wallace and Gromit. Neither her mom nor myself ever questioned the "family friendliness" of it. If you watch it, it's actually quite funny, and no more "dirty" than pretty much any Bugs Bunny cartoon from the 1940s.

Now that I read the article, it says this new version was re-dubbed using American actors. I'm not sure why they would do that. I haven't seen the "new" version, but these reindeer characters with British accents is one of the things that made it somewhat cute and charming.

Regardless, we Americans really need to relax and stop being offended by every stupid little thing. :wacko:

Last edited:
Sorry folks. Just give me Rudolph and I'll be happy. I see no need to create new family members of the original cast of reindeer. This is definitely not fare for small children.

Attention fans of Call the Midwife and Last Tango in Halifax (PBS)

Christmas specials will be airing for those shows so watch your local listings.
Call the Midwife special will air on Christmas night for me.

Attention fans of Call the Midwife and Last Tango in Halifax (PBS)

Christmas specials will be airing for those shows so watch your local listings.
Call the Midwife special will air on Christmas night for me.

Thanks Kayelle. Two of my very favorites of PBS shows.

Wow, something we have in common Addie! I love those shows too and can't wait for the return of Doc Martin. Will it ever happen? :rolleyes:

I do believe that the next season of Doc Martin will start after this present one is finished. Remember when Downton Abby was going for the final season? They ran the whole season seven from start to the finish right up to the very last episode. I guess they wanted to make sure we were all up to date. So the last episode of the season eight we saw still left us wondering how was it going to end. And it was pretty much of a disappointment. Very baby cereal papish. The last episode was the party and even the downstairs folks joined in the merriment. Cheers Everyone!

Well Doc Martin being Doc Martin, I have the feeling will continue to be himself. Hopefully I hope the new season of Doc Martin will start at the end of the present season they are now showing. Hopefully only a couple more shows of the present season they are now airing. THEN the new season will start.

Lol @ "rare".

I guess if you weren't alive yet when it was either broadcast on air in the 60s, or in syndication through the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Kay...have you and SC caught up on "Ten Days In The Valley"? Episode 5 and 6 aired last night, and I just watched them this afternoon. :ohmy:

Lol @ "rare".

I guess if you weren't alive yet when it was either broadcast on air in the 60s, or in syndication through the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

:LOL: I love The Outer Limits to this day, and record it whenever there's a marathon or I happen to see it airing on late night TV.

Lol @ "rare".

At the risk of showing my age, I vividly remember the first color episode of Bonanza on our brand new, first in the neighborhood color TV. I think we had 20-30 friends in our small living room on their web weave fold up lawn chairs. It looked like a red neck movie theater.:LOL:

Kay...have you and SC caught up on "Ten Days In The Valley"? Episode 5 and 6 aired last night, and I just watched them this afternoon. :ohmy:

We watched #5 last night Cheryl, #6 is recorded and ready to go. Is it just me, or are the flashbacks really annoying?

Last edited:
It wasn't just you, Kay....the flashbacks were annoying. I think it was because unlike most other mini-series, they took an unexplained hiatus right smack in the middle of it and thought they needed to refresh our memory. :huh:

Episode 6 has fewer flashbacks. It is a GOOD one, and sheds some light on connections between the kidnapping, the cops, and the TV show that Jane is writing. :ohmy:

I had to watch 6 twice to pick up on some of the clues. Jeez...sometimes they mumble so much, or a clue is flashed so quickly across the screen. I'm lovin' this show though, and am addicted to it. LOL

It wasn't just you, Kay....the flashbacks were annoying. I think it was because unlike most other mini-series, they took an unexplained hiatus right smack in the middle of it and thought they needed to refresh our memory. :huh:

Episode 6 has fewer flashbacks. It is a GOOD one, and sheds some light on connections between the kidnapping, the cops, and the TV show that Jane is writing. :ohmy:

I had to watch 6 twice to pick up on some of the clues. Jeez...sometimes they mumble so much, or a clue is flashed so quickly across the screen. I'm lovin' this show though, and am addicted to it. LOL

Holly cow, it's not just this show where they MUMBLE..it's every tv drama and I could go into a major rant about it!! Maybe I will!

No....the audience doesn't want to strain to hear what you actors are mumbling, for "artistic impact", especially when your lips don't move. Get it?
The directors are morons if they think mumbling actors add to the drama..they don't. Clear?
Pathetic productions.
My hearing is just fine, and the only help we have found is with our Bose Sound Bar Speaker that has a speech boost that helps some.

Last edited:
Holly cow, it's not just this show where they MUMBLE..it's every tv drama and I could go into a major rant about it!! Maybe I will!

No....the audience doesn't want to strain to hear what you actors are mumbling, for "artistic impact", especially when your lips don't move. Get it?
The directors are morons if they think mumbling actors add to the drama..they don't. Clear?
Pathetic productions.
My hearing is just fine, and the only help we have found is with our Bose Sound Bar Speaker that has a speech boost that helps some.

Thank goodness. I am not the only one. I have been thinking that I was going "deef!"

Kayelle, last night I took my pain meds early so I wouldn't miss my shows. Wouldn't you know it, I fell asleep for about ten minutes of the beginning of Victoria and again Last Tango in Halifax. But I was able to play catchup later on when our PBS station went on the loop.

Back
Top Bottom