Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karamu: 100 Years in the House

We watched a PBS show about Karamu Playhouse in Cleveland tonight. Although the theatre has been around for 100 years, the original "social club" began a few years earlier as one of the Cleveland Settlement Houses. I remember my Mom telling me stories about her times spent in her neighborhood's settlement house learning to do hand sewing (which she never really caught on with) and performing in plays (hmm, do I see where I get that from?).

It was an interesting, albeit short, history and overview of how important Karamu was in the neighborhood. It became, and remains, one of the premier community theatres dedicated to advancing African-American actors, playwrights, and other creative artists in their talents.

If you're interested in seeing the show and it isn't listed on your TV schedule, you can watch it (about 25 minutes) via the PBS "Ideastream" link:
Karamu: 100 Years in the House

We watch it faithfully every week, Charlie. The actress who played Linda Reagan, Amy Carlson, decided to leave at the end of her contract period rather than negotiate a new contract. I know how they wrote her character out of the story line, too, but I'm not sure if you want to know that right now. If you do, just let me know and I'll fill you in.

We watch it faithfully every week, Charlie. The actress who played Linda Reagan, Amy Carlson, decided to leave at the end of her contract period rather than negotiate a new contract. I know how they wrote her character out of the story line, too, but I'm not sure if you want to know that right now. If you do, just let me know and I'll fill you in.

What episode was her last one? I don't watch regularly, so usually just try to catch up to what I missed. Also which episode the house gets burned?

Thank you

I'm totally hooked on The Alienist. You know it's good when you look forward to getting an hour free to watch an episode here and there.

Last edited:
What episode was her last one? I don't watch regularly, so usually just try to catch up to what I missed. Also which episode the house gets burned?

Thank you

Blue Bloods is our very favorite series..we never miss it. She was gone when the new season started in the fall. They never had a house fire on Blue Bloods, you must be thinking "This is Us"..another favorite of mine, although SC doesn't watch that.

Thank you
She appeared in the last episode of last season, then decided to not return before this year started to film. They eliminated her character by having a medivac helicopter crash while she was in it assisting a patient. Never showed that scene, just referred to it in an early episode this year.

...They never had a house fire on Blue Bloods...
Actually, they did Kayelle. The season 7 finale was Danny and Linda Reagan's house on fire after a drug cartel bombed it. The entire family was huddled together outside and fine. And then the start of season 8? *poof* Linda's gone.

Well as this is a cooking forum I would say Saturday Kitchen, Marry Berry, Nigela and Lorraine Pascale
As for the rest. I love all proper comedy (old stle) Only fools, Dads army, Hall o Hallo, hi-de-hi, rising damp, birds of a feather.
Others are Frost and Morse.

She appeared in the last episode of last season, then decided to not return before this year started to film. They eliminated her character by having a medivac helicopter crash while she was in it assisting a patient. Never showed that scene, just referred to it in an early episode this year.

Actually, they did Kayelle. The season 7 finale was Danny and Linda Reagan's house on fire after a drug cartel bombed it. The entire family was huddled together outside and fine. And then the start of season 8? *poof* Linda's gone.

How right you are about the fire CG. I forgot all about that part...old age sucks.:huh:

How right you are about the fire CG. I forgot all about that part...old age sucks.:huh:
It seems like I can remember stuff like that, but wander the house looking for my gloves before I can head out of the house. :wacko: Old age might suck, but I suppose it beats the alternative. Not in any hurry to compare, though. ;)

I recently bought a used pair of vintage sneakers off eBay. First time buying used sneakers. That same night I got them, The Sci-Fi channel showed an episode of the Twilight Zone where a bum in the alley takes the shoes off someone he thinks has passed out. He puts on the shoes and instantly becomes the person who was wearing them prior to being shot dead in a hoodlum power struggle. He seeks his revenge but is thwarted and shot and dumped in another alley, only to have another alley bum try on those shoes.

The show ends as another bum fancies those shoes and is trying them on. It's a Twilight Zone episode I saw soon after buying someone else's shoes off eBay. :LOL:

Last edited:
Now you've done it!

The Outer Limits:
"There is nothing wrong with your television set."
"For the next hour sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear..."

Control voice, you are soooo heavy.

For instance, at the end of one episode you said..."You do not know these men, you may have looked at them but you did not see them". "They are the wind that blows newspapers down the gutter on a windy night...and sweeps the gutter clean."

Heavy!

End credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fejp6uZySQ

Last edited:
Another Outer Limits control voice epilogue: "The Bollero Shield". Read this summary of the plot first.

Richard Bellero, a dedicated scientist, is working on experiments involving sending laser beams into outer space. His father, Richard Bellero Sr., believes the scientist isn't strong enough to take over the Bellero business empire. In the meantime, Richard's wife Judith has more than enough ambition for the two of them. Richard, through a freak accident, reels in a being from another dimension with his laser experiment. The being has a small device that can project a shield that no force can penetrate. The alien at first wants to learn all about earth that he can and Richard cooperates. Judith, however, sees the alien and the shield-projecting device, as a means to power. While Richard is away, Judith first tricks the alien to deactivating his shield device then shoots the alien to prevent him from departing Earth. She removes the hand held device while failing to notice it was connected to a vein in the alien -- whose bodily fluid is the key to operating the device. This is the beginning of Judith's downfall.

Control Voice at the end:
"When this passion called aspiration becomes lust, then aspiration degenerates - becomes vulgar ambition - by which sin, the angels fell".

"We now return control of your television set.."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom