"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #761
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Jacques Pepin alert! He will be on this Friday's episode of "The Chew". ABC, 1:00 PM Eastern time zone. ~ Love him!

I saw him on the show. I now know how to make crepe Suzette Sorry about the spelling?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Old 10-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #762
Master Chef

JP is such a classy guy. I'm watching the clock and it will be on in another 20 minutes.

I hardly ever miss The Chew and it will be interesting how he'll fit in with that "off the wall" cast. I hope he gets the respect he so richly deserves.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #763
Master Chef

Jacques Pepin blended nicely with that wacky group! He seems like such a nice, down-to-earth person in spite of his fame. Every time Himself and I are down around his part of CT, I secretly wish we'd see him somewhere. I still remember the time Himself and I went up to Warren Kimble's studio in VT and left the gift shop right around closing. We were sitting in the car planning our next moved. I got out of the front door and opened the back to get something when a Subaru started driving down from the barn at the back of the lot. It was Kimble, and he slowed down and waved as he drove by. I thought that was a pleasant gesture by someone so famous. I bet if I had made a move towards his car he would have stopped to talk, but I figured he was off work and deserved to get home to his wife.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #764
Master Chef

Loved it! Those guys treated him like royalty! A new quote..."cooking is the art of recovery"...Jacques Pepin. Perfect!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #765
Master Chef

Here's info on his new show...

TV Series: Jacques Pépin Celebrates!

Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #766
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Here's info on his new show...

TV Series: Jacques Pépin Celebrates!
Thanks for this info. It doesn't show up anywhere that I can find either on TV Listings or the PBS website. I'll have to keep checking.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #767
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Jacques Pepin blended nicely with that wacky group! He seems like such a nice, down-to-earth person in spite of his fame. Every time Himself and I are down around his part of CT, I secretly wish we'd see him somewhere. I still remember the time Himself and I went up to Warren Kimble's studio in VT and left the gift shop right around closing. We were sitting in the car planning our next moved. I got out of the front door and opened the back to get something when a Subaru started driving down from the barn at the back of the lot. It was Kimble, and he slowed down and waved as he drove by. I thought that was a pleasant gesture by someone so famous. I bet if I had made a move towards his car he would have stopped to talk, but I figured he was off work and deserved to get home to his wife.
Before you and DH arrived in these here parts, Julia would often dine in restaurants all around Cambridge (where she lived) and Boston. If you approached her during her meal, she would never be rude and remind you that she was trying to eat a meal in peace. And yes, she would always sign for autographs. Knowing she couldn't say No, the staffs throughout the areas would stand just off to her side and try to stop folks from bothering her. She was always surprised by her celebrity.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #768
Executive Chef

best season of the VOICE ever! pharrell has brought in alicia keys, and stevie nicks is helping adam in coaching their singers in the battles rounds. woww....
Old 10-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #769
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
...and stevie nicks is helping adam in coaching their singers in the battles rounds.
As much as I love Stevie Nicks (I've seen her in concert six times, both with and without Fleetwood Mac), she is not what I would consider a great singer. Like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and others, I feel her real talent lies more in songwriting and being able to tell a story through her music.

But it makes for good television.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #770
Master Chef

Is anyone watching the new TOP CHEF? They sent two home on the first night. The judges seem more blunt with their criticism this year.