Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Confirming that ABC is showing Little League playoff (I don't have cable for ESPN channels) I saw that Paula Deen has a show called Positively Paula..

While waiting for the LL game I watched Paula do a Julia Child recipe..
A lot has changed about Paula and a lot has not..

Yayyyy for Little League World Series... Positively Paula, not so much..

Ross

I waivered between this thread and "Petty Vents". Once again "Your TV", a Freeview channel in GB, has chopped "Bones" at the end of series 9 and with a cliff-hanger! The serial goes on to series 12 I think. I don't watch much television but I like this programme because it had a female lead who was not depicted as a housewife with a "nice little job" to keep her occupied when she's run out of dusting and it has other female characters who have significant input into the stories. "And because I am shallow and like a bit of escapism"

There's probably a 5:1 ratio of pizza places on the east coast compared to anywhere else.

Mafia hangouts even. New York Giant Pizza. Corleone Pizza. French Connection Pizza. Chicago Deep Dish Capone Pizzaria.

Last edited:
I've been binge watching Blue Bloods re-runs in the evenings and I'm hooked. :) Can't believe I didn't start watching it from the beginning - it just kind of passed me by for some reason. I noticed that the new series starts next week. LOVE this show!

I enjoy their family Sunday meals on every episode.:chef::)

I've been binge watching Blue Bloods re-runs in the evenings and I'm hooked. :) Can't believe I didn't start watching it from the beginning - it just kind of passed me by for some reason. I noticed that the new series starts next week. LOVE this show!

I enjoy their family Sunday meals on every episode.:chef::)

I recently went back to the beginning and now I am watching every episode in order, I'm in the middle of season 5 now.

I don't think I've ever missed an episode of Blue Bloods from the start. My favorite scenes are the dinner table too and I remember an interview with Tom Sellick about them. He confirmed that Danny eats everything with the hours long shooting, while TS does a lot of buttering rolls. Every time he butters a roll, I have to laugh.
I miss Linda a lot, but the happy ending of the season show promises some great shows for the fall. I can hardly wait for next week.

Last edited:
Indeed, Cheryl. :yum: He's part of the reason I won't be watching the remake of "Magnum, P.I.". I just can't picture anyone in the role of Thomas Magnum that can do the job Selleck did.

Indeed, Cheryl. :yum: He's part of the reason I won't be watching the remake of "Magnum, P.I.". I just can't picture anyone in the role of Thomas Magnum that can do the job Selleck did.

CG, I didn't know that there is going to be a remake of Magnum! :ermm: I'll have to look up info on that tomorrow, when I'm not ready to fall asleep like I am now...:sleep::) But yeah....Selleck IS Magnum, I can't imagine anyone else in that role either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmv9JFOEB0

Having come of age in Honolulu during the original Magnum
(he went to the dentist that I worked for --- swoon --- and lived a few streets up from us --- Aaahhh!)

I have my calendar marked, my Roku programmed, it's on baby!

Can you see you adorable this "new" Thomas is?
OMG!!!
Watch this trailer ( ^ above ) this looks like it MIGHT be good,
but at the least, I can watch some shots from "home" ;)

I'm glad that you're excited enough about the new Magnum for two people, K-Girl, because I just can't get worked up about it. I think I've seen as much as I will be watching just from the TV ads.

Himself and I have a new Sunday evening routine. Come 8:00 PM, we and our suppers on lap trays settle in to the living room to watch reruns of the old "Columbo" TV show. The Cleveland newspaper website had a nice article about Columbo and Peter Falk. Lots of interesting trivia. I never knew that Falk did pencil sketches, but he did a nice one of Columbo that is in the article. A fun read, if you're interested:

"Columbo" at 50: The neat, tidy legacy of a rumpled hero

CG, I didn't know that there is going to be a remake of Magnum! :ermm: I'll have to look up info on that tomorrow, when I'm not ready to fall asleep like I am now...:sleep::) But yeah....Selleck IS Magnum, I can't imagine anyone else in that role either.
They did re-runs of "Magnum" over here a couple of years ago. Now we're getting "Jesse Stone". Really enjoying that. TS has just the right degree of world-weary "been there - done that and don't want the tee-shirt" to make his character believable.

Can anyone settle an argument? Was there a cross-over episode of Magnum and "Murder, She Wrote"?

Back
Top Bottom