"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #841
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Is anybody fallowing Castle? I like the show, but do not catch the new episodes a lot. In last night episode they were talking about Lenie being murdered. When did that happen? i sure missed a lot.
As Andy said Charlie, it was Lani's double that was killed off last year. Also murdered was a double of Espo, both created by Dr. Kelly Nieman who figured prominently in last night's episode. The Jerry Tyson/3XK character has been a nemesis of Beckett's and Castle's for a few seasons now. Looks like he has an evil sidekick in the not-so-good doctor.

As far as missed episodes go, I know you can watch the last five or six most recent on Hulu if you sign up for their free account. Since that is all we have, I don't know how much further you can go back if you get the "Hulu Plus" paid service, which is around $8 a month. I think you can see all the old shows for some of the series. Himself has a freebie account and can catch up on anything from ABC or NBC, but again only the most recent shows.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #842
Master Chef

This is exclusively on Netflix, and nominated for an Oscar. I haven't watched it yet, but intend to.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80009431

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 AM   #843
Head Chef

This documentary 'Virunga' is in my Netflix streaming queue. Thanks for the nudge, Kayelle.

Also available on Netflix streaming are TED talks; Jamie Oliver did one lambasting sugar and the foods our schoolkids eat. Last night I watched the one from Mark Bittman, who reminded us what constitutes good food for us humans. Strangely enough, he didn't mention Twinkies . . .
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #844
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
This documentary 'Virunga' is in my Netflix streaming queue. Thanks for the nudge, Kayelle.

Also available on Netflix streaming are TED talks; Jamie Oliver did one lambasting sugar and the foods our schoolkids eat. Last night I watched the one from Mark Bittman, who reminded us what constitutes good food for us humans. Strangely enough, he didn't mention Twinkies . . .
Bittman left Twinkies out of the talk, again??? One of these days he'll get it right.

I've never used NetFlix, can I get some pointers, please? I know the TV can connect to it.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #845
Head Chef

PF, I plead ignorance here. My daughter is to blame/gets the credit for my having Netflix. She started me out on the DVD plan, where they mail your choices to your regular old mailbox and you play them with your DVD player/TV. This Netflix Stream was added later, for an uptick in the monthly charge. There was also the purchase of a little box called 'Roku,' that sends the titles I choose to my TV set (another remote to try not to lose). My daughter also set this up when she visited me and I haven't got a clue as to how. But it's not a secret, and I'll bet some of our smart DC techies can help. I have found that although I love her visits, they can be expensive -- her airfare and my updating.

All that being said, I love Netflix.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #846
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
This is exclusively on Netflix, and nominated for an Oscar. I haven't watched it yet, but intend to.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80009431
I could only watch half of this. It was S000 slow and tedious and I'm really disappointed because the subject matter interests me so much. I hate having to read subtitles constantly especially with a roaring headache and my eyes are not a 100% yet. Seeing only the first half, it's sadly disappointing as it could have been presented so much better.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #847
Master Chef

Wow, the 2-nd part of two part Castle episode, was awesome. It would have been the great ending of the show. I do not know how they can beat this one, ever.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 AM   #848
Master Chef

Just watched The Voice - wow, there was some serious talent on tonight.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #849
Master Chef

Does anyone watch Treehouse Masters"? I get the biggest bang out of that show. Who wouldn't love to have a tree house like those they build where dreams come true.
If you're down in the dumps this will lift your spirits.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:35 AM   #850
Master Chef

Oh my gosh, I cut one episode the other day. That tree house is fancier than some houses I've been to. Absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking