Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cry: We just watched the very last scenes on the "Complete 7th Season and Final Season" disc for "Rizzoli & Isles". :cry: Man, we're so going to miss watching that cast. Himself said we could always start back again with season one! Tempting, but there are so many other series (and movies) that we haven't taken the time to watch. Guess we have to start on something new. *sigh*

Hi CG, I know, isn't it sad when you finish watching a series? It's strange how you can get so attached to fictional characters and you have to say good bye to them. I am on the 6th season of "Friends". I watch 2 or 3 shows a day. I know I will miss them all when it ends. I think 3 or 4 more seasons left. Already I am wondering what will I find to watch that I like as much. But then I did find "Friends" when I thought that a while ago. lol Good luck, hope you and DH find something as enjoyable. ;)

Is anyone else watching season 2 od Star Trek: Discovery?

I'm enjoying it very much. I'm liking the storyline with Capt. Pike as a tie in to TOS.

Also, the Kilngons are KLINGONS! Not like the way they evolved into fitness models by the time Voyager comes around.

That was remarkably fast evolution from fierce creatures to just a little birthmark on their forehead in just a few centuries.

Last edited:
Is anyone else watching season 2 od Star Trek: Discovery?

I'm enjoying it very much. I'm liking the storyline with Capt. Pike as a tie in to TOS.

Also, the Kilngons are KLINGONS! Not like the way they evolved into fitness models by the time Voyager comes around.

That was remarkably fast evolution from fierce creatures to just a little birthmark on their forehead in just a few centuries.

Ye, like it too, but bringing dead back to life? Is it a soap opera or something?

I finally got around to checking out "Firefly" from the library, after much discussion in this thread a number of years ago. Himself has seen it at least twice, but he said he liked it so much he'd watch it again. He also said I wouldn't make it past the first episode. Nope! It's so funny, and the characters are so, um, endearing?, that we knocked out the first three episodes.

Young Sheldon drives me bonkers. I'd like to pinch his head off. :ohmy:
I had an annoying jerk cousin just like him.

I love all of the Chicago shows....

I am so glad I am not the only one. He is worse as a child than even as an adult.

The one show I do enjoy is Mom. I like the message it sends out for the possible future members of AA. But I can't stand the mother. She is almost as bad as young Sheldon.

I finally got around to checking out "Firefly" from the library, after much discussion in this thread a number of years ago. Himself has seen it at least twice, but he said he liked it so much he'd watch it again. He also said I wouldn't make it past the first episode. Nope! It's so funny, and the characters are so, um, endearing?, that we knocked out the first three episodes.

I love Firefly. When you finish the TV shows, be sure to watch the wrap up movie, Serenity. I think it's time for me to watch the series again.

Yesterday we started watching Dr. Thorne on Amazon Prime..

It was created by Julian Fellowes and is an adaptation of the novel by Anthony Trollope..

We love British shows of those times..

Ross

Thanks for the head's up Ross. I added it to our watch list. "From the creator of Downton Abbey" sold me.

We enjoyed it...
Sadly there is only one season with a piddly 4 episodes.. That disappointed us...

Ross

Once more, thanks Ross for the heads up on this one. Dr. Thorne on Amazon Prime..

We watched the 4 episodes in two evenings and we really enjoyed it.
We adored Downton Abbey and it was fun to have the between episode fireside chats with Julian Fellowes. The whole production is really top notch and so very entertaining. Good story, with remarkable eye candy!

I too was sad it was over so quickly, but hopefully we'll see more of his remarkable productions.

Last night we watched the last episode of the 19th and final Netflix season offering of Midsomer Murders..
Going to miss that show..

Thus far we are out of episodes of Longmire, Father Brown, Miss Fishers Murders, Anne with an E and The Kominsky Method.. I am certain there are more which we have completed and just don't come to mind..

Currently half way through The Tudors... Really well done, IMO..

Trying to find shows to hold our interest, as those above, is proving difficult.. We have tried and rejected too many.. :neutral:

Ross

Last night we watched the last episode of the 19th and final Netflix season offering of Midsomer Murders..
Going to miss that show..

Thus far we are out of episodes of Longmire, Father Brown, Miss Fishers Murders, Anne with an E and The Kominsky Method.. I am certain there are more which we have completed and just don't come to mind..

Currently half way through The Tudors... Really well done, IMO..

Trying to find shows to hold our interest, as those above, is proving difficult.. We have tried and rejected too many.. :neutral:

Ross

PBS was always our "go to" channel when nothing else looked interesting. But unfortunately we are finding the time between each season for each show is WAY TO LONG. You forget what you last saw. And then there is of course their "begging months." Repeats! Repeats! and again.

Pirate and I really got into "the Tunnel. A whole season, if not longer passed before they decided to bring it back.

The only series they didn't play games with was Downton Abby.

I think what really ticks me off though is when you look into the coffers of PBS, they are not hurting.

I think I liked PBS better when it was known as "Educational Television and Julia Child had a full 30 minute show along with Sesame Street.

I realize that the majority of the shows are purchased from England. So instead of buying one season at a time, purchase at least two and keep them in the vault until they can be aired as a continuous series.

Maybe I am asking for too much.

Binge watching Bull. I understand "Cable", let's call her "Cable", wanted to move on. What a stupid idea. Reminds me of another fictional character, Tasha Yar. She quit, she appeared in some, I think it's called B movie, ok she did have great body, and then just disappear.
Ok, she did not leave, she "Cable" , went to direct something, whatever it is, how long is she really going to be directing? IN any rate good luck to her. Though i wish they did not kill her, she really could have found better job. And once in a while pop up in episode or two.
Anyways i hate seeing her leave.

Is anybody watching Whiskey Cavalier? It just started, only 5 episodes so far. Was watching the 4 episode last night. And the girl goes and has a thing with this bad, bad guy. What's with these women who go for a scum bag instead of a nice guy? I don't know why, but I got so mad, had to walk away. I think I am still mad. Really bothered me.

PBS was always our "go to" channel when nothing else looked interesting. But unfortunately we are finding the time between each season for each show is WAY TO LONG. You forget what you last saw. And then there is of course their "begging months." Repeats! Repeats! and again.

Pirate and I really got into "the Tunnel. A whole season, if not longer passed before they decided to bring it back.

The only series they didn't play games with was Downton Abby.

I think what really ticks me off though is when you look into the coffers of PBS, they are not hurting.

I think I liked PBS better when it was known as "Educational Television and Julia Child had a full 30 minute show along with Sesame Street.

I realize that the majority of the shows are purchased from England. So instead of buying one season at a time, purchase at least two and keep them in the vault until they can be aired as a continuous series.

Maybe I am asking for too much.

PBS HAS gone downhill. Independent cable channels with their salacious stories to tell have pushed PBS to the backround now. The funding is gone, the insight cutting edge is gone. PBS's Frontline used to be one of the finest shows on TV. These days, it can't compete. PBS's "Nova" and "Nature" used to be cutting edge also. Now, they're somewhat of a bore now, sad to say. They've been outspent by cable producers with a lot more money to throw at documentaries . PBS is still cool with me.

Last edited:
Last night we finished the final episode of "The Tudors" on Netflix..

While not historically accurate we enjoyed all 4 seasons..

The story line, cast, costumes and production were, in our opinion, outstanding.

A heads up to those who might be offended by inordinate sexual situations.. This show had bunches..

Reminded me of the 70's.. :ermm:

Overall, I recommend it to those who enjoy pageantry, villains and an exciting story line..

Ross

I don't know what it is with the shows from England. But I am going deaf or they must have superior hearing. Everyone speaks so softly and with their accents from different parts of the company, it makes it very difficult to follow what they are saying sometimes.

I don't know what it is with the shows from England. But I am going deaf or they must have superior hearing. Everyone speaks so softly and with their accents from different parts of the company, it makes it very difficult to follow what they are saying sometimes.

We really like the show Chicago Med but one of the surgeons (Dr. Ava Bekker played by Norma Kuhling) is impossible to understand and I wish they would cut her from the show. Neither of us can't understand a word she says with her accent and to make it worse, she doesn't open her mouth and speaks through her teeth, most of the time whispering. She is the worst example I've ever seen and her performances make me cringe. I think captions are distracting, and everyone else is perfectly understandable.

Grrrr...

Back
Top Bottom