Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't stand those stupid 'sling' commercials! :glare: Whoever thought that was good advertising should be fired.

*edited...the youtube commercial just posted for Sling was deleted...now my post seems totally random....:LOL:

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone but me is interested but the new Doc Martin (season 8) is finally airing on PBS.
I've loved that show from the start of season 1.

Vote me in also. I would postpone a heart attack if I had to just to make sure I didn't miss an episode.

I watched the series finale today for New Amsterdam. :ohmy: For those who follow, any guesses on who was under the white sheet after the ambulance accident?

I have a guess, but I don't think it was Dr. Bloom...

Last edited:
I watched the series finale today for New Amsterdam. :ohmy: For those who follow, any guesses on who was under the white sheet after the ambulance accident?

I have a guess, but I don't think it was Dr. Bloom...

Ohhhh, that last episode just broke me up Cheryl. I love that show. I ran the ending back three times, and I still don't know for sure. We never saw Dr. Sharp (the beautiful black Dr.) in the last scene, although she was also inside the ambulance. Geeze, we have to wait and see I guess. I thought it was Dr. Bloom under the sheet. This is one compelling series and I adore all the characters.

Ohhhh, that last episode just broke me up Cheryl. I love that show. I ran the ending back three times, and I still don't know for sure. We never saw Dr. Sharp (the beautiful black Dr.) in the last scene, although she was also inside the ambulance. Geeze, we have to wait and see I guess. I thought it was Dr. Bloom under the sheet. This is one compelling series and I adore all the characters.

Yes, Kay.....I also thought it was Dr. Lauren Bloom under the sheet, until they showed everyone else in the ambulance but Dr. Sharpe.

I can't imagine bringing back Dr. Lauren Bloom after months in rehab and successfully delivering Max and Georgia's baby, only to kill her off. :mellow: But these series have fooled us before. LOL

I LOVE this show as well!

Last edited:
I can't stand those stupid 'sling' commercials! :glare: Whoever thought that was good advertising should be fired.

Don't you find the parody at first insulting, then, kind of funny? I do.

"She" gets hot when "He" takes his "circ" saw to his cable box. She puts on her goggles and says "oooo" sexy like.

Then she says to keep the shades open so the neighbors can see in.

"He" confirms.... "Let 'em watch!"

(Switches on a basketball game happening).

P.S. She looks sexy, he looks sexy. A sexy duo. "Slingers."

Last edited:
Don't you find the parody at first insulting, then, kind of funny? I do.

"She" gets hot when "He" takes his "circ" saw to his cable box. She puts on her goggles and says "oooo" sexy like.

Then she says to keep the shades open so the neighbors can see in.

"He" confirms.... "Let 'em watch!"

(Switches on a basketball game happening).

P.S. She looks sexy, he looks sexy. A sexy duo. "Slingers."

PPS. As long as they don't breed.

Yes, Kay.....I also thought it was Dr. Lauren Bloom under the sheet, until they showed everyone else in the ambulance but Dr. Sharpe.

I can't imagine bringing back Dr. Lauren Bloom after months in rehab and successfully delivering Max and Georgia's baby, only to kill her off. :mellow: But these series have fooled us before. LOL

I LOVE this show as well!

Cheryl, I found this interesting reading. Surprising not even the cast members know the answer!
https://tvline.com/2019/05/14/new-a...-1-finale-episode-22-helen-sharpe-dead-alive/

Thanks, Kay! Copied that to read this evening. :)

Not too surprising though, Greys Anatomy did the same thing when they killed off Derek.....nobody knew anything. :ermm: :ohmy::LOL:

We don't have Amazon, so we don't watch "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". However, I do know that a number of you are loyal followers. While driving along yesterday afternoon, I heard a segment on NPR's "Marketplace" that might be of interest to fans of "Midge". Kai Ryysdal, the host of Marketplace, interviewed the creators/writers/etc, of the show, Amy Sherman-Palladino and her husband Dan Palladino. You can listen to the podcast or read the transcript HERE.

...Not too surprising though, Greys Anatomy did the same thing when they killed off Derek.....nobody knew anything. :ermm: :ohmy::LOL:
Quite a few series have done the "well who WAS it that died?" or "is (s)he dead or alive?" season-ending cliffhangers. Often, it's because one or more of the actors still don't have a contract in place for the next season. I guess if the actor and agent's demands are excessive the character dies. :LOL:

We were watching Chicago Med tonight and one of the patients had a horrible life threatening allergic reaction to a roast beef sandwich. It turned out that it was caused by a tick bite called the "Lone Star Tick" and he couldn't eat any meat for the rest of his life. SC and I looked at each other and both said "just let me die". :shock:

For some reason I thought The Elementary was done and finished. It was a pleasant surprise when i saw the Season 7 starting.

A test of the emergency broadcasting system. This is only a test. So rude. Right in the middle of a show it blocks out the sound with a loud buzz. Then, it stops, but comes back on a second time 2 minutes later.

Don't text and drive. It can lead to expensive or deadly consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3dET-Onag

Caslon, I am old enough (yes Adam and Eve were my playmates) to remember when in school, it was duck and cover. Make a fast dive under the desk and hope it was just a drill. Not every home had a TV at that time. It left us kids worrying about if our family was safe. They had the sirens on all the firehouses blasting a warning. They went down to the cellar.

Caslon, I am old enough (yes Adam and Eve were my playmates) to remember when in school, it was duck and cover. Make a fast dive under the desk and hope it was just a drill. Not every home had a TV at that time. It left us kids worrying about if our family was safe. They had the sirens on all the firehouses blasting a warning. They went down to the cellar.

I remember it too Addie. "Duck and Cover" and kiss your butt goodbye.

Every kid was scared all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnKNHNfznE

I remember it too Addie. "Duck and Cover" and kiss your butt goodbye.

Every kid was scared all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnKNHNfznE

My mother had polio as a child and she wore a brace on her left leg. Stairs were a nightmare for her. So every time the sirens wailed, she wouldn't go down the cellar. I always wanted to leave school and go home to make sure she was all right. For the longest time the teacher had to calm me down and reassure me that she was all right. It got so bad that I was always late for school in the morning. I didn't want to leave her home alone. I don't know what I thought I could do if the drill was real.

Yeah. A country living in constant fear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom