Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the menu bar just above the thread title, you should see an option for Thread Options (doing this from memory, so I might be a little off). Click on it, then select Unsubscribe. If I got it right, the thread should no longer show up in your list.
How do I remove myself from this topic?

Last edited:
Cheryl, we just finished watching the latest Yellowstone episode, and it took my breath away on many levels.....holly bat guano!! You are so right about the top notch acting!

I'm so looking forward to the next couple of episodes....hopefully they'll shine a light on why Beth has so much deep seated hatred for her brother Jamie.

I have a theory....:LOL:. I think Beth was pregnant with Rip's child back in the day, and Jamie put an end to that somehow, and now Beth wants to put a stop on any love that Jamie might have in his future. She pretty much said that she would kill any love he may have, with her bare hands. Love this show! LOL

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of season 2 of Shtisel on Netflix. Found the recommendation in the NYT comments section of an article about a NY town dealing with a new housing development but concerned the town becoming like Kiryas Joel.

It's an Israeli TV series about a fictional ultra-orthodox Jewish family living in Jerusalem.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/arts/television/shtisel-netflix-orthodox-judaism-hasidim.html

It's in Hebrew with English subtitles. After awhile, it's amazing how you pick up some of the language by listening to it enough.

“While it is clothed in the world of the ultra-Orthodox, ’Shtisel’ is a human story about family, love and community,” said Marty Greenfield, a retired chief financial officer of Warner Bros. Records (and the father of the actor Max Greenfield). “You laugh, you cry and at the conclusion you want more.”

Another very good foreign TV series that I watched last year is called "Babylon Berlin". It's focuses on life in pre-WWII Germany. Very well done.

I'm in the middle of season 2 of Shtisel ...

My wife watched it. She loved it. I do not like subtitles, as in my opinion it takes away from watching what is going on on the screen, of course if me English was better maybe i would not have such problem ;)

But from what i understand the show is pretty realistic, unlike many other where Orthodox Jews portrayed in a negative.

I agree it was anticlimactic. They just went back to what the had been doing all along as if nothing had happened.

I do not like subtitles, as in my opinion it takes away from watching what is going on on the screen, of course if me English was better maybe i would not have such problem ;)

It does help to be a speed reader so you can watch the screen and read the subs quickly. I even turn on subs for regular English shows so that I don't miss one bit of dialogue.

I read pretty fast bb, but I find subtitles really distracting too Charlie. A lot of times I find myself reading them when I really don't need to because they're hard to just ignore.

Yellowstone is the only one that I've had to turn on closed captions. I prefer not to, but have to with this series.

Speaking of Yellowstone, season 2 finale was last night, and season 3 won't start back up again until mid 2020. :ohmy: At least there were some answers, so they don't torture us with huge cliffhangers for a freakin' year. :ohmy::)

(*Kay and Sous*, other than me, I think you two are the only other fans here of this series. Have you seen the finale yet?)

Last edited:
Yellowstone is the only one that I've had to turn on closed captions. I prefer not to, but have to with this series.

Speaking of Yellowstone, season 2 finale was last night, and season 3 won't start back up again until mid 2020. :ohmy: At least there were some answers, so they don't torture us with huge cliffhangers for a freakin' year. :ohmy::)

(*Kay and Sous*, other than me, I think you two are the only other fans here of this series. Have you seen the finale yet?)

Watched it last night Cheryl, thank goodness the tv was set back up in time to record it. Like you, I'm so glad they didn't leave us hanging about what became of the little boy!!! Kudo's to the powers that be over that decision. :ohmy:Good grief, what a series this is, and I can hardly wait for season 3 next summer.

Is anyone else watching "The Great British Baking Show"? I've been catching up with it on Netflix and it's a lot of fun. I'm amazed at how many types of baked goods I've never heard of before, and how many different types of cake batter there are. I find it fascinating.

Watched it last night Cheryl, thank goodness the tv was set back up in time to record it. Like you, I'm so glad they didn't leave us hanging about what became of the little boy!!! Kudo's to the powers that be over that decision. :ohmy:Good grief, what a series this is, and I can hardly wait for season 3 next summer.

Glad everything worked out for you to record it Kay, amidst your remodeling!

Yes! I'm so glad the 'powers that be' chose to give us closure about little Tate on this season finale....especially since we have to wait so long for Season 3.

I just love Rip and Beth....she sure is a bad @ss, isn't she? :LOL: I wasn't crazy about her in the beginning, but she has grown on me. LOL

Last edited:
Is anyone else watching "The Great British Baking Show"? I've been catching up with it on Netflix and it's a lot of fun. I'm amazed at how many types of baked goods I've never heard of before, and how many different types of cake batter there are. I find it fascinating.

I'll have to look that one up, GG!

We're getting too old to do the full-on binge thing, but binge we did on Season Three of "The Good Place" Friday and Saturday. Friday wasn't bad - just four episodes. Got to bed at my unreasonably late time, but nothing out of the ordinary. We had planned on watching the middle four episodes last night...but kept on going for "just one more" until we ran out. :ermm: And then there were extras. With the sun coming up later and later each day, I should not have been seeing a faint glow of light in the sky as I headed off for bed. :ohmy: I'm not saying how late I slept in, but let's just say it's a good thing that the Browns weren't a 1:00PM game today...:LOL:

I know, Cheryl! And I have serious issues - we don't have a means of recording, and this could be the very last week of baseball games for me this year. :ermm: Monday was "Bull" (not sure how I like the kinder, gentler Bull...), but there was no baseball game. Tuesday night? One eye on the TV for both "NCIS" series, and one eye on my phone display to "watch" the game. Not much watching, since my Indians were winning 4-0 before their opponent ever had a chance to bat. No conflict of schedule Wednesday, since I haven't latched on to any show. Thursday? Lots of double-timing there ahead. Friday shouldn't be bad - all I watch that night is "Blue Bloods" and I might be lucky enough to have the baseball game over by then.

First World Problems, right? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom