Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you try skilletlicker's directions

There is a problem with this. If I choose not to receive notifications that means that in the future if I post something I will not receive any notifications.

No that is not good enough

I have to stop all notifications because of one miserable topic that I posted on. The most sensible approach is to remove Lets talk TV from my list of notifications. It is this thead only that is causing me grief.

Try this:

Just above the first post on any page of a thread is a horizontal blue bar. The first option should say "Thread Tools" with a drop-down arrow. Click on that. One of the options is "Unsubscribe from this Thread". Click on that and it should end your problems. You won't have new post alerts showing up in your "Subscribed Threads" list. You won't get emails or other notifications that tell you there are new posts in the thread. That should (hopefully) solve your problem.

Good luck!

Did you try skilletlicker's directions

This does not work. What this does is change my options for all notifications. This means that if I I make any future posts I will not receive notifications.

This is not good enough.

All this because of one group called Talk TV that is giving me grief. What is needed is to remove the notifications from the group Talk TV.

There has to be a way of unsubscribing to a single post. According to my notifications I have 48 of these going back to 2015. Why would I want to be subscribed to a 5 year old post. That ship has sailed.

Otuatail, look at my post, #1882. Two or three above this post I just made. Try that. It should remove you from following this thread and stop all email notifications for this thread. Just this thread. Remember, though, if you make another post in this thread you will probably be back to square one.

Thank you. I have had a lot of solutions given to me that do not work. I have managed to clear out all the old notifications now

Thanks again.

As a final thing.How does someone close down a thread that is started as the solution is found at it is not necessary to continue with it.

I'm not a fan of reality TV or competition shows. SO is, however so we watch America's Got Talent and the Voice which are her two faves. While she watches I usually occupy myself with computer games or catching up on my sports articles.

This week's AGT show had one act that was worth sharing. It's a young girl and a bunch of dogs performing tricks. Normally this is not a big deal but this girl and her dogs were phenomenal! The best dog act I've ever seem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrD5Bbxu57o

I'm not a fan of reality TV or competition shows. SO is, however so we watch America's Got Talent and the Voice which are her two faves. While she watches I usually occupy myself with computer games or catching up on my sports articles.

This week's AGT show had one act that was worth sharing. It's a young girl and a bunch of dogs performing tricks. Normally this is not a big deal but this girl and her dogs were phenomenal! The best dog act I've ever seem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrD5Bbxu57o

We both really enjoy that show Andy, and I agree it's the best dog act ever!!
Howie said it perfectly..."pure joy"!!
So much of TV is depressing, but we can always be sure to be entertained with America's Got Talent.

I'm really looking forward to when "Yellowstone" starts up again, I think it's in July. I've been pondering :LOL: about who is going to leave the show, (its usually someone) and I think it's going to be Jamie. He killed the young lady journalist last season who was threatening to expose some secrets about the family. Jamie and Rip floated her on a kayak in the river when she was already dead. I'm thinking there will be an autopsy and it will be revealed that she was dead when she hit the river. Jamie has been my least fave character, but I love this show. :LOL:

Last edited:
What network or streaming service is that on, Cheryl? Not that it's available to us. One of these days Himself might get the tower computer working again. Although he did just get a Roku. Great, just what I need. More distraction options for Himself so that he never gets any work done around here. :glare:

Meanwhile, we've just started up with an old USA Network TV series from the past. Called "In Plain Sight", when Himself first said the title I thought it was something about the Amish, AKA "the plain people". The story is actually about a female U.S. Marshall for the Witness Protection program. She has a partner named - I kid you not - Marshall. :LOL: We just finished up season one. Pretty good, so far. Once again, thank goodness for our regional library system and their vast selection of discs and books. :heart: them!

CG, it's on Paramount...I think it's kind of a new network. If you like Kevin Costner, you'd love this series. Many newbies that no one ever heard of round out the show, plus gorgeous scenery.

Those Amish shows sound good. I've always been very interested in the culture. :)

Cheryl, I think you misread. "In Plain Sight" isn't Amish. It's WitSec. Cops and robbers that they have to protect, innocent people they have to hid, a little shooting and a little frisky stuff - all wrapped up in lots of chuckling.

Meanwhile, we've just started up with an old USA Network TV series from the past. "In Plain Sight" The story is actually about a female U.S. Marshall for the Witness Protection program. She has a partner named - I kid you not - Marshall. :LOL: We just finished up season one. Pretty good, so far. Once again, thank goodness for our regional library system and their vast selection of discs and books. :heart: them!

This seems interesting...
Went to Amazon to add to our list and found that it is not included in Prime..

I have difficulty getting my head around paying a yearly charge so that I can go pay more for a 12 year old TV show.. Guess I'm just cheap.. :ermm:

I suppose I need to get a device to watch videos from the library..

Ross

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom