Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None. ;) I can flip through channels and "watch" something for about 10 minutes and then I'm done with it. It just makes my brain melt.

Though I may turn it on for background noise late at night, my attention is always focused on something else such as a book, my PC, work (I can do about 1/2 of my job from home, I love it!), craft of the week, etc.

i watch about 12 hours a day of tv or more on average. 18 to 20 hours isn't uncommon. it depends on work.

anything on pbs, history channel, discovery channel, animal planet, cartoon network, espn, msg, food tv, and the science channel are my faves.

there are so many channels available today with so much content that i'm surprised that anyone complains about it.

My husband turns on the TV when he wakes, off when he goes to bed. So I'm glad I'm an insomniac, a few hours of blessed silence a day. That said, Big Bang and some of the BBC series (Downton, Midwives). We also order older BBC series from Netflix and I like them. The Brits seem to not have the preference for shows that feature beautiful people standing around posing that most US TV seems to consist of.

We've cancelled our DSTV so we only watch stuff we download.
Shows I like.....

True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Warehouse 13, Smallville, 2 Broke Girls, Dexter, The Mentalist, Hells Kitchen, Man VS Food, Supernatural, Revolution, Arrow, Big Bang Theory, Isidingo (South African Show), Gummi Bears lol!, Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow, Once Upon a Time, Greys Anatomy, The Ellen Show etc etc.

Last edited:
Buckytom, what's msg? Other than monosodium glutamate? lol

I forgot there's a 4th show I watch. I've just begun watching the Biggest Loser this season. Never had seen it before, but I'm so pleased that they are really stressing the importance of a healthy diet and daily exercise for kids. There's a sweet boy they are following, whose mom has begun eating/exercising like her son was instructed, and in a small matter of time has taken off 25 pounds. Very cool.

I like that it is targeting good, positive, healthy lifestyle choices. =0)

I just finished watching a bunch of shows... on Spike no less. A channel I rarely watch. It was called American Diggers. If you like American Pickers you'll love this show. They are finding much more interesting stuff. These guys usually use metal detectors, but also sift through dirt and bust down walls if something shows up on their radar. They seem to do all their work "freelancing" and knocking on doors, most of which get slammed in their face, but the historical significance of some of the items they uncover is worth the reality drama.

I was wondering what all you guys like to watch on TV?

Do you have favourite shows that you must watch religiously, what are your favourite shows?

Lets talk TV :)

When I turn on the TV, for the most part, I want to be entertained, laugh, get out of my head, relax, & not always "taught" something. I find some reality shows are a hoot, especially when watching people act completely inappropriately.

Turner Classic Movies
Pretty much anything on Bravo Tv - Real Housewives, Milliionaire Matchmaker, & the after show - Watch What Happens (Live) w/ Andy Cohen
The Bachelor or Bachelorette
HGTV & Style
ME TV (Memorable Entertainment) - Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Dick Van Dyke Show (& Cheers, when it was on)
Food Network - only sporadically - Iron Chef, Ina & Giada

I don't miss DT at all. Haven't watched regular tv in years. It's been downgraded to trash that even the commercials you need to shoo the kids out of the room.

We subscribe to Hulu and Netflix. I like the older shows that had a few more morals and common decency besides the flash in your face flesh of today's tv. I've been buying old tv series dvd's most of the entire seasons. Mainly watch the dvd's while I'm working, as some say for background noise. I like Netflix, Columbo is in my que..."Oh and just one more thing." :ROFLMAO:

Wagon Train, yeah it's an oldie but a goodie is my favorite all time show.
Have almost the whole season on dvd.

WAGON'S, HO!

Munky.

there are so many channels available today with so much content that i'm surprised that anyone complains about it.
I was just talking to someone about this very thing the other day. When I was a kid, we had a grand total of 4 television channels. It seems like there was always something to watch. Today I have something like... I don't know... maybe 900 channels? Most nights I can't find anything worth watching. :LOL:

Maybe it was just better quality programming back then. I would take "The Beverly Hillbillies" over "Hillbilly Handfishin'" any day.

Honey Boo Boo anyone? LOL.

Last edited:
I forgot there's a 4th show I watch. I've just begun watching the Biggest Loser this season. Never had seen it before, but I'm so pleased that they are really stressing the importance of a healthy diet and daily exercise for kids. There's a sweet boy they are following, whose mom has begun eating/exercising like her son was instructed, and in a small matter of time has taken off 25 pounds. Very cool.

I like that it is targeting good, positive, healthy lifestyle choices. =0)

I have been watching it this season :)

Patiently waiting for series 4 of Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife, One Born Every Minute, The Great British Bake Off, Come Dine with me, Supersize v Superskinny, Embarrassing Fat Bodies , plus I watch Food Programmes when I can , and my hubby has his progs such as any Fishing prog, wheeler Dealers, and some motorbike programme . He also loves animal programmes (love David Attenborough) and I like anything with Professor Brian Cox :yum:

Oh.... Ms Gravy Queen reminded me of one of my favorite programs (or is it favourite programmes?): TOP GEAR!

I love that show. Not the lame American knock-off, but the British original with Jeremy Clarkson and his cronies. Unfortunately, our cable company switched things around and now I don't know where BBC America landed.

img_1234446_0_cd5aae8619f2410a20347437fc92f005.jpg

Top-Gear-top-gear-25480329-1280-1024.jpg

Last edited:
When I turn on the TV, for the most part, I want to be entertained, laugh, get out of my head, relax, & not always "taught" something. I find some reality shows are a hoot, especially when watching people act completely inappropriately.

ME TV (Memorable Entertainment) - Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Dick Van Dyke Show (& Cheers, when it was on)

:sigh: I wish we could get ME TV. It's only available for folks who live in town and get cable. We have to go through DTV.

:sigh: I wish we could get ME TV. It's only available for folks who live in town and get cable. We have to go through DTV.
I love MeTV! We don't have cable or satellite. We bought an amplifier at WalMart and it brings in the local channels and MeTV.

I love MeTV! We don't have cable or satellite. We bought an amplifier at WalMart and it brings in the local channels and MeTV.

Hmm. Will have to check into an antenna. I think ME is only available through the in-town services, but I will definitely look into it! Thanks Barbara!

Oh.... Ms Gravy Queen reminded me of one of my favorite programs (or is it favourite programmes?): TOP GEAR!

I love that show. Not the lame American knock-off, but the British original with Jeremy Clarkson and his cronies. Unfortunately, our cable company switched things around and now I don't know where BBC America landed.

img_1234597_0_cd5aae8619f2410a20347437fc92f005.jpg

I forgot about Top Gear myself! Love that show :)

img_1234642_0_cd5aae8619f2410a20347437fc92f005.jpg

That's got to be the #1 most entertaining automobile show that I've ever seen, I have watched a ton of episodes.

Back
Top Bottom