Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...The Masters build up is on the TV and the Golf Watcher is in the office playing on his computer. At least it's something I can ignore. There are things I can't ignore because they annoy me so much.

We record nearly every TV show we like so we can watch the shows when we want, and be able to fast forward through all the annoying commercials. We thought we'd watch the first show of Hannibal last night, as I had been looking forward to having a crime show to watch during the summer when everything else is reruns. Criminal Minds is about at the top of my favorites list and although it can be gruesome as so many of these shows are, Hannibal did me in. OMG, no way no how can I watch that! My limit has been reached!:w00t2:

i didn't expect to like hannibal myself. well, 'like' isn't the best word for how i feel about hannibal. but it intrigues me in a way that a show like 'bones' and some of the others couldn't and didn't. so far, anyhow, i 'like' hannibal. we'll see how it develops....

I too really wanted to "like" this new show Vit and Dawg. Because the pathology of the criminal mind really fascinates me, I can generally overlook the gore involved as hard as that is to do sometimes. I also wanted to watch Hannibal because I really liked Laurence Fishburne who was once on CSI, another favorite of mine. Oh well, now I know my limit. Cutting up the lungs on the kitchen breadboard did me in.

Last edited:
Steve Kroll said:
The first thing I am going to do is order a few antennas and start capitalizing on free over-the-air television transmissions for local channels and news/sports....

I hear ya Steve. I will not buy cable because I refuse to pay for channels I have no interest in watching.

That would be akin to a restaurant forcing you to order everything on the menu when all I want is soup and a sandwich.

Don't buy antennas!

I made one of these and it works beautifully.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...LccO9Y&sig=AHIEtbS0TpyTBqz0qA1N-YdEFPb7cfmiKA

Oops! I just realized that you have already purchased antennas.

Still, for the rest of you....

Also, I enjoy Dexter, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and other cable series.

I simply rent them and watch them in big chunks, with no commercials and have the ability to pause when I want a snack or a potty break.

Last edited:
I too really wanted to "like" this new show Vit and Dawg. Because the pathology of the criminal mind really fascinates me, I can generally overlook the gore involved as hard as that is to do sometimes. I also wanted to watch Hannibal because I really liked Laurence Fishburne who was once on CSI, another favorite of mine. Oh well, now I know my limit. Cutting up the lungs on the kitchen breadboard did me in.

laurence fishburne indeed makes for a great incentive to watch a show. his appearance on hannibal was icing on the cake for me. he was an unexpected gift. as good as ted dansen is on nci, i had been missing lf on the show. i just hope the character he is playing on hannibal gets better treatment (smarter lines) from the writers in future episodes.

sorry this one didn't work out for you, kayelle. maybe my myopia has something to do with an elevated tolerance for gory scenes....:)

Last edited:
I hear ya Steve. I will not buy cable because I refuse to pay for channels I have no interest in watching.

That would be akin to a restaurant forcing you to order everything on the menu when all I want is soup and a sandwich.

Don't buy antennas!

I made one of these and it works beautifully.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...LccO9Y&sig=AHIEtbS0TpyTBqz0qA1N-YdEFPb7cfmiKA

Oops! I just realized that you have already purchased antennas.

Still, for the rest of you....

Also, I enjoy Dexter, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and other cable series.

I simply rent them and watch them in big chunks, with no commercials and have the ability to pause when I want a snack or a potty break.

how do you mean, jharris, that you watch the shows in big chunks? you pay $2, or whatever, for each episode, but don't view them until you have a movie-length's worth?
i'd like to find an inexpensive way to watch nurse jackie, for instance. is buying a season's series my best bet?

Having read all the Thomas Harris novels many years ago, I'm thinking Jack Crawford (Fishburn's character) was somewhat a clueless twit in the books, though I may be wrong.

Having read all the Thomas Harris novels many years ago, I'm thinking Jack Crawford (Fishburn's character) was somewhat a clueless twit in the books, though I may be wrong.

good to know, dawg. i haven't read thomas harris, but if jack crawford needs to be a twit in hannibal, then sorry to say, this NOT a role for fishburne. that could turn out to be MY final straw with this show....

good to know, dawg. i haven't read thomas harris, but if jack crawford needs to be a twit in hannibal, then sorry to say, this NOT a role for fishburne. that could turn out to be MY final straw with this show....

Oh, you need to read Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs, Vit! Good stuff! The TV version of Red Dragon was pretty good, it may have been called something else. (Ah, found it, Manhunter). And I watch SOTL whenever it's on.

Last edited:
LF will always be Morpheus to me ;)

So this Hannibal show is about "the" Hannibal? As in Clarice?

Neat. A prequel.
I thought the prequel movie was good. What was that, Hannibal Rising? Where he's a kid growing up.

Oh, you need to read Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs, Vit! Good stuff! The TV version of Red Dragon was pretty good, it may have been called something else. (Ah, found it, Manhunter). And I watch SOTL whenever it's on.

red dragon? done. it's on my kfpc, soon as i finish waging heavy peace. i guess i won't be sleeping nights for awhile....

now dawg, i reserve the right to suggest one book that i will expect YOU to read, ok? i have one in mind in the near future. it is not out yet.:)

what is sotl?

Back
Top Bottom