Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anyone but me interested in American Idol or Dancing with the Stars? It's a given that some people really hate this kind of show, so if there's no interest I'll just move on.

Is anyone but me interested in American Idol or Dancing with the Stars? It's a given that some people really hate this kind of show, so if there's no interest I'll just move on.

I've always been a huge fan of American Idol .. but this time I just can't watch. Niki whatever her name is makes me naseous and I tried .. I really did .. but I just couldn't take her look, her degredation, her mouth .. so sad to see someone like being some sort of role model.

I do keep up with Dancing and also Survivor though !

I've always been a huge fan of American Idol .. but this time I just can't watch. Niki whatever her name is makes me naseous and I tried .. I really did .. but I just couldn't take her look, her degredation, her mouth .. so sad to see someone like being some sort of role model.

I do keep up with Dancing and also Survivor though !

I know what you mean Mrs. At first I was really put off by that Niki, but I must admit she's grown on me as a judge. Actually, although she looks and acts like a real doofus she has some really intelligent remarks with the singers. Who I'm really surprised about is Mariah Carey as a judge. She doesn't seem to be able to put two words together without looking up at the ceiling looking for god to put words in her mouth. :LOL: Anyway, I'm looking for Candice to be the next AI.......she is just fabulous!
DWTS is always entertaining to me, but I gave up on Survivor long ago although I used to really enjoy it in the early seasons. Who do you predict will take the mirror ball with DWTS?

I am not good at predicting winners on DWTS .. except for when Jennifer Grey was on.

But I am really liking Kellie Pickler .. she's just so darn cute and she can do more than she gives herself credit for.

I was happy to see Maks and Karina back even though it was only for once.

Who is your fav on DWTS?

I am not good at predicting winners on DWTS .. except for when Jennifer Grey was on.

But I am really liking Kellie Pickler .. she's just so darn cute and she can do more than she gives herself credit for.

I was happy to see Maks and Karina back even though it was only for once.

Who is your fav on DWTS?
ME MEEEE I love Derek and Kellie and Maks is one of my favs What happened to his reign on dwths? some of the others are not so hot but I do love the show.
kades

ME MEEEE I love Derek and Kellie and Maks is one of my favs What happened to his reign on dwths? some of the others are not so hot but I do love the show.
kades

I really don't know what happened that Maks is not on any longer. He may have gotten burnt out. I love watching him dance .. and Derek too.

Personally, I think Maks got way too full of himself with some of his diva attitudes and his mouth with the judges last year. My guess is the powers that be, put him in a time out. His attitude really gripes me, like a spoiled child.

Derick, on the other hand is the polar opposite, and the best professional teacher and dancer on the show, imo. I think he and Kellie Pickler will walk away the winners, although that 16 yr old Disney star is just remarkable.

pacnar, i couldn't agree more about how they show a clip of what's in the next scene on "vikings" being really annoying. fortunately, i record it on dvr so i get to skip those parts.

anyone watching "game of thrones"? very good so far this season.

i watched the premier of "defiance" this past week. pretty cheesey production values. after all of it's build up, i was disappointed. it's not much different than any of the really bad saturday night campy movie of the week on the sci-fi channel.

I haven't heard of Defiance... or being so close to April 15th did you mean De-Finance? lol

There's a couple series on Netflix I've been meaning to check out. They have been sending me emails advertising a new one.

this weekend i came across a national geographic series, 'locked up abroad' on hulu. it has had me absolutely riveted to its stark, horrifically true-to-life stories, typically about tourists or journalists in hostage situations in various countries around the world.
one problem though, is that the episodes fall into two distinct categories--one being treasure and the other, unfortunately, trash. i mention this so that you don't miss out on an extraordinary series by 'throwing out the baby'....:)

'highly recommendeds' of mine (so far) by country: india, panama, colombia, pakistan, iraq....

Last edited:
I think I've seen that Vituata.

A harsh reminder to mind ourselves carefully when travelling abroad.

Still, even on our best behaviour its possible to find ourselves caught up in something.

Does anyone ever catch or watch "the World's Dumbest...." Why is it that most of the stupid people are men? Very rarely do you see a woman doing something stupid.

Tonight I watch Call The Midwife, then Masterpiece Classic and wanted to watch the new show on PBS. But I got sidetracked with problems on my computer. Call The Midwife was so painful to watch tonight. It was about a woman giving birth to a baby with spina bifida. Unfortunately in my lifetime I have seen three babies born with that. :angel:

Addie said:
Does anyone ever catch or watch "the World's Dumbest...." Why is it that most of the stupid people are men? Very rarely do you see a woman doing something stupid.

Could it be that men by their nature are likely to take risks and push the edge?

My guess is it's because watching something so commonplace just doesn't make for entertaining TV. Who wants to watch something they see everytime they step out the door or visit Walmart? :whistling

Funny you should ask, Pac. Last night there was a program on Discovery Channel about the Watergate break-in -- Robert Redford was in charge, I believe -- with reporter Bob Woodward, to rehash and pursue something or other about it. When the time came, and maybe it has to do with finishing a harrowing week or maybe it was having lived through the Nixon years, I watched Hee Haw instead. :rolleyes: Sensory overload.

Funny you should ask, Pac. Last night there was a program on Discovery Channel about the Watergate break-in -- Robert Redford was in charge, I believe -- with reporter Bob Woodward, to rehash and pursue something or other about it. When the time came, and maybe it has to do with finishing a harrowing week or maybe it was having lived through the Nixon years, I watched Hee Haw instead. :rolleyes: Sensory overload.

Dang, Hee Haw was on? And I wasted my time watching that Watergate special :LOL:
BTW, does RR strike anyone else as a bit odd? He did not age well and that messed up red hair just doesn't agree with me. Maybe that's because I watched him in Jeremiah Johnson earlier in the day. I guess I like his characters better. Dustin Hoffman seemed like a normal guy. RR a bit of an eccentric. At least IMO.

"No woman ever shot a man while he was doing dishes." Magnet on my fridge...:LOL:

Are you trying to say the safest place in my house is in front of the sink? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom