Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just watching a show called "Deep Fried Masters". They were deep frying all kinds of foods to be judged for what would sell at the fair. Interesting.

I was just watching a show called "Deep Fried Masters". They were deep frying all kinds of foods to be judged for what would sell at the fair. Interesting.

It seems the more warning we get about fried foods, the more weird foods we find to fry. I took a look at my can of Crisco. Looked at the 'best is used by' date. 2010? Time to toss it. Been sitting on the shelf since 2009. :angel:

just wanted to let everyone know i haven't lost my knack for picking them--new tv show 'winners'. i'm really enjoying greg kinnear in 'rake', a series that debuted two weeks ago. kinnear plays a brilliant lawyer whose private life is a daily disaster--money woes, an assortment of addictions, strings of failed relationships--but an extremely likable, charismatic loser,without an ounce of insight, who keeps right on steppin' in it. the way this show is being 'raked' over the coals, it will be canceled just as soon as the half-dozen or so trial episodes have aired.....

Anything Good On TV?

On Nat. Geo there is a program call The Incredible Dr. Pol. He is a veterinarian and in his 70's. His whole family in the business and two of his kids are vets also. (I think. I know the daughter is.) His practice in located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. He is the kind of vet anyone would love for their animals. I just love this show. :angel:

We really like that show too Addie. His good natured energy is remarkable. Sometimes it gets pretty gross when he's up to his shoulder birthing farm animals though.:ermm: :LOL:

And that is what I love about it. They hold nothing back. Having worked with 4-H farm kids, I have seen it all before, live. :angel:

Now that the Olympics are over the broadcasters will start showing new shows again instead of reruns so there should be plenty of good stuff on TV.

Grimm will be back very soon. Also Scandal. I'm loving them both.

I took The Following off my list----- it hasn't been as good as the first season, imo. Although I like(ed) the characters the story just isn't as good. Again, imo.

I took the following off my list as well cave76. I agree with you totally on that one.
I am loving HBO's True Detective right now. It is so dark and so well acted and directed.

I took the following off my list as well cave76. I agree with you totally on that one.
I am loving HBO's True Detective right now. It is so dark and so well acted and directed.

I don't subscribe to HBO and consequently will have to wait for it. I did watch the first episode, streaming, when it was offered and I just know I'll like it---- partly because it has Woody Harrelson in it. He's so talented.

While Woody is really very good in it the true star is Matthew McConaughey. He has never been one of my favorite actors. I have always found him kind of one dimensional. That is not the case here though. He should win every award ever created for actors for this one role. He is simply amazing in this show.

Watching "The Voice" season 6. I love, love, love this show. Then, "The Black List" will be on later and we are DVRing "Almost Human".

A couple of new series have caught my attention lately: Almost Human and Intelligence.

I've always loved science fiction.

Who, besides me, records all the shows they watch and then watches them later? (Excepting of course sports/news.)

I don't remember when I've watched a TV program 'live'. I want to watch them on my schedule not when 'they' want me to. :cool: Of course the biggest perk is zipping through the commercials.

That allows for the taping of some shows after midnight when I'm always asleep so they don't conflict with another show. (I can take two shows at once but even so------)

I either do that cave76 or to take it one step further I use XBMC which allows me to watch any TV show (or movie) I want at any time without any commercials to even have to skip through.

Back
Top Bottom