Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of new series have caught my attention lately: Almost Human and Intelligence.

I've always loved science fiction.

I like both of those, too. Especially "Almost Human". I'm a little surprised the ratings haven't been better for it. It's a fun show and intelligently written. I also love the banter between the human and robot cop partners.

Do we really need to extract the DNA from their eggs in the hopes of reproducing them back to life again? :angel:

Addie---- I think that extracting DNA from dinosaur eggs is a lot more complicated than some scientists hope. But I do hope that, in my lifetime, they'll succeed. For now I don't think you have to worry. :cool:

About dinosaurs---and their extinction.

Helen Vaughn Michel | Chemical Heritage Foundation

That's my sister-in-law.
Moral---- don't stand under any large asteroids! :LOL:

You also asked:
"But how many dinosaurs fossils do we need to dig up so we can study them?"

I think a lot. Each bit helps. My brother and sister-in-law help with the fossils, even have a couple of dino bones in their home (granted permission to do so).

Talking about wasted public money!

" At its worst, medical research is an enterprise that wastes tens of billions of dollars a year on studies that are repetitive, irreparably biased, kept hidden by industry sponsors, or designed with no regard to the desires of people who have to live with serious illness."

Speeding up science

And yet I continue to read the research. :ermm: There's always a tidbit or two to be gleaned. You just have to know how to read it---- no easy task right from the git-go.

Our luggage is all packed and sitting in the living room. I'm thinking about doing without American TV for more than a month, other than CNN to stay connected, and I'm already starting to feel withdrawal.

Like you Cave, I always set the DVR to record all the shows we like so we'll have a bucket load to catch up on when we get back. We record them even when we're home as I hate commercials and it's a real pleasure to fast forward them, not to mention being able to watch them whenever we choose.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Downton Abbey that just concluded it's 4th season here. I really loved the very touching final episode that aired on Sun. night.
Doc Martin is another favorite, and the remaining episodes are set to record, along with 48 more shows we enjoy.

Our luggage is all packed and sitting in the living room. I'm thinking about doing without American TV for more than a month, other than CNN to stay connected, and I'm already starting to feel withdrawal.

Like you Cave, I always set the DVR to record all the shows we like so we'll have a bucket load to catch up on when we get back. We record them even when we're home as I hate commercials and it's a real pleasure to fast forward them, not to mention being able to watch them whenever we choose.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Downton Abbey that just concluded it's 4th season here. I really loved the very touching final episode that aired on Sun. night.
Doc Martin is another favorite, and the remaining episodes are set to record, along with 48 more shows we enjoy.

Kayelle, can you download the TV apps? CBS, ABC, ESPN, History Channel and many others all have apps where you can watch their programs on your iPad, and I would imagine your Android and Kindle Fire devices. They may not be in real time, but are within a day or so.

Have a great time!

vit, I watched Rake. Does that count for anything? Actually, I watched the first two episodes and decided I wasn't going to stick with it. I guess I'm getting bored with a lot of TV in general.

Did anyone see any of the Second Season shows that have debuted this week? I have watched only sports on NBC since they went to a heavy reality show schedule, but I think I've found two new comedies to watch: About a Boy, and Growing Up Fischer. The premier shows were funny, but we have to catch up on last night's shows since we watched NCIS LA during the 9PM time slot. Also watched Mind Games - gotta admit the previews using "Jedi mind tricks" pulled me in. This show is so opposite of my usual Tuesday at 10, Person of Interest. I became a view of disinterest right after Carter left the show.

Anyone else watch these? Or did you find some other winners starting?

Kayelle, can you download the TV apps? CBS, ABC, ESPN, History Channel and many others all have apps where you can watch their programs on your iPad, and I would imagine your Android and Kindle Fire devices. They may not be in real time, but are within a day or so.

Have a great time!

Thanks Dawg.You made me full of hope but I just asked Steve about this and he said it won't work for my Nook Tablet or his Kindle Fire. We won't have internet connection on the ship except in the business center. DRAT!! :angry:

Good thing we both have dozens of books loaded. ;)

I had noticed that myself, CG.
It seems like lately the forum likes duplicate threads. Some are even made stickies.
Hard to keep track, or whether or not to post to the original TNT thread or the new one... :huh:
It's like Microsoft releasing a new OS that nobody wants at first :wacko:

Thanks Dawg.You made me full of hope but I just asked Steve about this and he said it won't work for my Nook Tablet or his Kindle Fire. We won't have internet connection on the ship except in the business center. DRAT!! :angry:

Good thing we both have dozens of books loaded. ;)

Bummer, Kayelle. I too was hopeful for you! You might try downloading, say, the CBS app on the Fire anyway, DH was able to watch the Hawks game highlights when we were last in Mexico on ESPN. I agree, Nook won't do much. But at least you can watch stuff at the airport!

But my deah! Everyone knows that Downton Abbey is THE show to watch! :smartass:

It's de rigueur and needs no mention. :)

Oh, and have a great time on your trip. I'm envious!

Kayelle said:
" I always set the DVR to record all the shows we like so we'll have a bucket load to catch up on when we get back. "

I hope there are no power outages (that last a long time) while you're gone. At least you live where the weather is a bit more compliant, not like the people in the East or up north.

The Pirate and I have had a standing date for Downton Abby. No conversation allowed. And tonight Doc Martin next season starts. Another date to watch TV for both Spike and The Pirate. I am always sorry to see a good BBC show end and then have to wait for the next series. Waiting for Doc Martin has been almost painful. Tonight the pain stops! :angel:

The Pirate and I have had a standing date for Downton Abby. No conversation allowed. And tonight Doc Martin next season starts. Another date to watch TV for both Spike and The Pirate. I am always sorry to see a good BBC show end and then have to wait for the next series. Waiting for Doc Martin has been almost painful. Tonight the pain stops! :angel:

Addie Doc Martin's new season 6 started three weeks ago here. Tonight when I'm gone, episode 4 will record.The title tonight is "Nobody Likes Me". Episode one is called "Sickness and Health". Are you sure you haven't missed the first three episodes? I hope not!

Last edited:
Addie Doc Martin's new season 6 started three weeks ago here. Tonight when I'm gone, episode 4 will record.The title tonight is "Nobody Likes Me". Episode one is called "Sickness and Health". Are you sure you haven't missed the first three episodes? I hope not!

Actually I was wrong. It starts here on March 5th. It all depends upon your local PBS station. Ours sucks big time. :angel:

I finally watched the last episode of 'Breaking Bad.' Although some of the shows were hard to watch blood-and-guts-wise, that series was unfailingly interesting, well-written, and wrote the book on cliff-hangers. Really good TV.

Anyone know what Vince Gilligan, the creator, will do next?

I'm still watching last season's 'Mad Men,' seeing Don Draper crumbling bit by bit. Another well-done series imho.

I finished Helen Mirren's 'Prime Suspect' a while back and still miss it.

I saw about 40 seconds of Mad Men in two different sessions last week.
I guess it's something you'd have to see from the beginning because all I could say was, What the heck is this? lol
Clicking on Information told me nothing.

Back
Top Bottom