Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched about 5 minutes of Nadia G a couple of years ago and couldn't reach for the remote fast enough. :ermm::LOL:

nadia does have something resembling an italian gangster accent, and her appearance IS a bit offputting. i dont't have the food channels, but i caught her performance on chopped just the other day. she WAS chopped first round, but everybody raved about how good her food tasted. upon leaving, she challenged the judges decision with a plucky retort that was spot on target, despite being something that is just 'not done' on chopped. i found her highly entertaining.

Has anyone else watched "Forever" on ABC? Himself said it resembles a short-lived series called "New Amsterdam". I didn't see that one, but I think I might stick with this one. After watching "Person of Interest" since the beginning I've lost interest.

Meanwhile, five days, 19 hours and five minutes till "Castle". Can't wait!

Anyone else watch Scorpion on Monday night?

Person of Interest...I'm more concerned about what happens to the dog. We need a good episode that revolves around Bear.

Watched Scorpion and liked it! Forever was not a big hit with me. It's a cop show with a twist. How many times an episode can he die and come back to life?

Person of Interest was a show I enjoyed. I'm not sure about this season. Bear is not on the computer's watch list. He'll be OK.

I loved Scorpion, it has all the right notes, taps into several interests of mine and had good action.

Aside from Bear, realized that Amy Acker needs to eat some potatoes...she's getting too thin, scary thin.

I loved Scorpion, it has all the right notes, taps into several interests of mine and had good action.

Aside from Bear, realized that Amy Acker needs to eat some potatoes...she's getting too thin, scary thin.

Scorpion does stretch logic a bit, but not as bad as some shows.

I was too busy watching Sarah Shahi to notice.

I'm just so glad all our favorite shows are back and none were eliminated for the new season. I record everything we watch and it makes watching a pleasure with FF commercials.

We'll stick with Person of Interest but I sure hated when they killed off the lady cop, Taraji Henson as she was terrific. And when Josh Charles of The Good Wife chose to leave....well,grrrr.

None of the new shows look interesting enough to me.

Don't tell Mrs. K, but I like her also. :yum:

I knew that emoticon would eventually prove to be good for something else. Maybe this one, too: :pig:

I think that first emotion is for really tasty food but I can see its use here as well. And, haven't you heard, all men are :pig::pig:

Has anyone else seen this on PBS? Yet another remarkable masterpiece by Ken Burns..

The Roosevelts: An Intimate History | Ken Burns America

I watched the first night and recorded the rest but haven't watched them yet. DH is out of town for a couple days, so I'm going to try to watch them before he gets back. He doesn't seem to have enjoyed the first episode as much as I did, but then it's sports ball season ;)

Andy, I think "Forever" won't last longer than one season - if that. It might be this year's "Mind Games". However, as you and Steve seem to think "Scorpion" is watchable for Sarah Shahi, I'll enjoy every episode of Ioan Gruffudd :yum: "Forever". ;)

Anyone else watch Scorpion on Monday night?.
I didn't, but Himself did. Not one to get out of his chair while TV-viewing, and not much of a talker, it seemed like Himself came into the kitchen (where ELSE would I be??? :LOL:) during every commercial break to laugh over some flaw in the writing, chortling in disbelief over how wrong they got stuff from the way it works in the real world. The worse part is as he launched into what he had just seen, I would finish off his sentence by saying the correct way. That was so wrong because I have nowhere close to his knowledge regarding tech and science. I guess the writers want you to suspend reality for the hour the show is on?

had to clear out my dvr too. it' like 10 our 12 hours. haven't watched it yet.
(i think i missed recording the first episode).

i was thinking of buying the dvd set for my dad for christmas. is it all burnsian pan and zoom, again?

Last edited:
Andy, I think "Forever" won't last longer than one season - if that. It might be this year's "Mind Games". However, as you and Steve seem to think "Scorpion" is watchable for Sarah Shahi, I'll enjoy every episode of Ioan Gruffudd :yum: "Forever". ;)

I didn't, but Himself did. Not one to get out of his chair while TV-viewing, and not much of a talker, it seemed like Himself came into the kitchen (where ELSE would I be??? :LOL:) during every commercial break to laugh over some flaw in the writing, chortling in disbelief over how wrong they got stuff from the way it works in the real world. The worse part is as he launched into what he had just seen, I would finish off his sentence by saying the correct way. That was so wrong because I have nowhere close to his knowledge regarding tech and science. I guess the writers want you to suspend reality for the hour the show is on?

I thought that was the reason to watch TV...I've been watching TV wrong all these years. Suspension of disbelief is where it's at...I guess modern audiences want reality shows...I get enough reality life.

Back
Top Bottom