Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, we watched the first episode of Blood and Oil. Like you, I'll give it a chance. It's been a very long time since Dallas. ;) My step grandson went to ND for the start of the oil boom, and came back several months later happy to be back home.

Huh. Did not realize that Blood and Oil takes place in my home state of ND.

Dawg, it's about the ND oil boom, but from what I read it's filmed in Utah.

Kay....my first thought was another "Dallas", too. If anyone dies and shows up reincarnated in a shower scene, I'm for sure done with it. :LOL:

Hm. Watching Saturday Night Live season premier. First, Miley Cyrus came out looking like she was wearing a hat and dress made from Legos, now she's singing and looking like she's covered in a massive pile of seaweed.

Last edited:
I'm missing Big Bang Theory...must get DVR back for cable so I can record the shows I want to see. Working nights has it's drawbacks. Missing too many shows like NCIS.

I'm missing Big Bang Theory...must get DVR back for cable so I can record the shows I want to see. Working nights has it's drawbacks. Missing too many shows like NCIS.

PF, the major cable companies offer On Demand for major network TV shows. We used it to watch the pilot episode of Blindspot last night.

I noticed a lot of T V reality shows are based in Alaska now. Everything from surviving it to getting gold from it to selling a home buyer on it. Some are entertaining. I don't like the one where teams are supposed to race to an end point. I much prefer the Alaskan homestead type show. Mmm...cooking up some moose stew! :LOL:

Last edited:
PF, the major cable companies offer On Demand for major network TV shows. We used it to watch the pilot episode of Blindspot last night.

Oh, I know...we were just being cheap until we got the house purchase settled. Thanks, Andy!

I noticed a lot of T V reality shows are based in Alaska now. Everything from surviving it to getting gold from it to selling a home buyer on it. Some are entertaining. I don't like the one where teams are supposed to race to an end point. I much prefer the Alaskan homestead type show. Mmm...cooking up some moose stew! :LOL:

I enjoy watching some of those Alaska shows, too. Such beautiful scenery. In fact, right now I'm watching 'Alaska - The Last Frontier'. :)

I enjoy watching some of those Alaska shows, too. Such beautiful scenery. In fact, right now I'm watching 'Alaska - The Last Frontier'. :)

I'm so glad you said that Cheryl..I just turned it on for the first new episode. It's our favorite of all the Alaska shows, and we like several of them. I love that family so much!

I do too, Kay. They're hardworking and seem so humble. You'd never think they are as well off as they are. They just love the Alaskan lifestyle, it's been in their blood for generations.

Woo Hoo! After watching S7 E1 of Good Wife tonight, I'm reminded why it's been my favorite network drama for all these years. It just doesn't get better than this show. The cast, acting, story line, and every nuance of the complete package is beyond compare.
I don't think it's a drama one could start watching now without enjoying previous seasons. They can all be found someplace like Netfilx however.
Remarkable entertainment!

Huh. Did not realize that Blood and Oil takes place in my home state of ND.

WHAT? north dakota?? dawg, i thought you were from iowa, girl!

for an entire year, i had been (im)patiently waiting for hulu to begin carrying the long-promised series 'fargo'. it finally arrived last month, and brother, what a disappointment! i too, am looking forward to the new season of 'american crime', (also, season 3 of 'rectify' to be made available on netflix).

Been binge watching original Heroes on Netflix, in preparation to start watching Heroes reborn. I'm a nut. I am almost thru third season. Have not been able to watch anything currant because of that.

We've been sorta binge watching "Rizzoli and Isles" discs from the library. So far, two seasons down. Season 3 is waiting for me at the library right now, so I best be getting myself over there. Himself was asking when it was going to show up yesterday, since after "The Mysteries of Laura", current offerings by the networks on Wednesday are slim pickings for our tastes. Football tonight? Nope, dead bodies and bad guys. :LOL: Besides, Angie Harmon and her character make me think of our daughter even more than Sandra Bullock. One of these days I'm going to have to post a poll with Loverly's photo and one each of Bullock and Harmon, then have you guys vote on which actress out daughter could pass as. ;)

Back
Top Bottom