Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yet another Blue Bloods fan here. I can hardly wait for the new season.

They have great writers with compelling crime drama and best of all, we love that whole family and how they interact with one another. Tom has always been a favorite of mine with anything he's done, and it doesn't hurt that he's still a "hunka burnin love". :wub::heart:

Kayelle, Tom Selleck can park his slippers under my bed anytime. :LOL: Alas, all I have under there right now is dust bunnies.

Jeannie is a big fan of Blue Bloods and I like most everything Tom Selleck has done.. I really liked his Jesse Stone movies...
Same here, Ross. Once baseball season is over I plan on getting the videos from the library. I've missed a few Jesse Stone shows on TV in the past because of...well, baseball season! Play Ball!

Enough about Blue Bloods. please. hehe.

Did anyone like the mini series Genius? I thought it a bit talky at times, trying to portray Albert Einstein's personal and professional life. Geoffery Rush plays Einstein in his later years. A seasoned good actor. I watched for the science in the series, and got some.

Last edited:
Enough about Blue Bloods. please. hehe.

Did anyone like the mini series Genius? I thought it a bit talky at times, trying to portray Albert Einstein's personal and professional life. Geoffery Rush plays Einstein in his later years. A seasoned good actor. I watched for the science in the series, and got some.

I liked it a lot actually.

Just finished season 5 of Orange is the new black loved it even though I had to close my eyes half the time and I'm 35. Started watching Breaking Bad tonight. Looks very familiar, think I may have started the series before. We watch so many shows I forget what I've seen.

I had it on a couple of times, but I have to very irritating sons who love to carry on a conversation only when I am trying to watch a show. But heaven help anyone who talks during a show they like. So since telling them to SHUT UP, that doesn't work, I even turned off the TV and they never noticed. Now when one of the shows they like comes on, I take possession of the TV and put on the worst shows there are. They both hate "Two Broke Girls". I make sure I search for it and insist I just love that show. And if it is on when they are chatting up a storm, I just turn up the volume.

Just finished season 5 of Orange is the new black loved it even though I had to close my eyes half the time and I'm 35. Started watching Breaking Bad tonight. Looks very familiar, think I may have started the series before. We watch so many shows I forget what I've seen.

I would implore you to stay with Breaking Bad. The pilot is good, the first season is good. To me, there is a bit of a lull in the second and third season. It's good, but not quite great. It only gets better. The final couple of seasons are some of the best on TV, IMO.

Once you've finished it, you'll want to start "Better Call Saul."

I tried to watch Breaking Bad and got into mid season three when I stopped. I always enjoyed the show when I watched it, it just did not draw me back to watch more episodes like some other shows. Sort of wish I had muscled through and finished it. Very entertaining and well made, just did not capture me.

I would implore you to stay with Breaking Bad. The pilot is good, the first season is good. To me, there is a bit of a lull in the second and third season. It's good, but not quite great. It only gets better. The final couple of seasons are some of the best on TV, IMO.

Once you've finished it, you'll want to start "Better Call Saul."

I'll get all the seasons thanks.

I watched all of "Breaking Bad", and sometimes I watched it between my fingers.

Parts of it were so disturbing I'd swear I'd never watch another episode and yet I did, like I was a junkie. There just aren't enough adjectives to describe the series. You actually have to see it to understand that.

Last edited:
I watched all of "Breaking Bad", and sometimes I watched it between my fingers.

Parts of it were so disturbing I'd swear I'd never watch another episode and yet I did, like I was a junkie. There just aren't enough adjectives to describe the series. You actually have to see it to understand that.

Rofl! That was me with Orange is the new black. I so do that! As if watching through my fingers will somehow make it less disturbing lol.

MeTV is showing B&W episodes of the 1960's "The Outer Limits." One of my fave Sci-fi shows from so far back. A brilliant TV show for its time, despite the Cold War slantings in a lot of episodes. The Outer Limits usually airs Saturday nights, early Sunday mornings around 1:00 AM, if you're awake. MeTV. ( A US cable network).

Here's one ending from The Outer Limits. An episode called "The Invisables". At the end, the Control Voice sums up it up like this...

"You do not know these men. You may have looked at them, but you did not see them. They are the wind that blows newspapers down a gutter on a windy night and sweeps the gutter clean."

Heavvvvy!

Last edited:
Not certain if this is a petty rant... lol

I've noticed that a lot of very old shows are being redone.. :huh:

The Gong Show, Battle of the Network Stars and others which have slipped my old mind.. Didn't like them then, probably wouldn't now.. :wacko:

I suppose the story writers have run out of new ideas..

Ross

We've also been watching "A Chef's Life" on PBS for years; it's also available on Netflix. We went to Kinston, NC, last April for an afternoon snack (at their oyster bar restaurant nearby) and dinner at Chef and the Farmer and it was a wonderful experience. We're going again next Friday. Can't wait.

http://www.pbs.org/show/chefs-life/

Back
Top Bottom