"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Uncle Bob

I knew it! She would be the first to agree!! Keep on keepin' on!

Keep your goals high.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Yesterday I was feeling too sick to really do anything. I just happened to turn on tv and saw Ellen DeGenneres (sp?) show. She was introducting Martina Navratilova. She looked like a picture of health. Ellen kept telling her how 'in shape' she was which was true. We all wish we could look like her and live like she does. It didn't come easy which she is quick to admit. Does anything worth while come easy?

She only proves that proper care of our bodies will not be for nothing. She has been blessed not to have any kind of serious illness happen and she takes care of what she does have. I know her lifestyle may be questionable to some but I look at the individual themselves and give them the credit they deserve.

If anything wanted to make me want to feel better it was seeing her as guest on the show. She isn't young person, said she is 50 and doesn't mind saying it. I have admired her skill in tennis. She has real discipline about all she does. They said she has the most titles of any athlete today. Good going Martina and thanks for inspiration for the day.

Just my opinion
I saw the same show, and Martina mentioned that in fact she now has to discipline herself even more now that she is older, to keep in shape. She mentioned how she likes a beer now and then and even just a half a beer throws her body off (which goes to show just how disciplined she is with her body). As for her lifestyle, I could care a less, same as with Elyn.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Mark Spitz was very humble and down to earth. We basically talked about Asian-Euro Fusion cuisine, my background, how the cuisine was developed, etc. Really nice guy.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I had a Covergirl girlfriend. I wanted to cover that girl up all the time. *rim shot*
(pulling tie) HEY Im here all night.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Something Else

DS you are something else! You know how to handle things in the right perspective.

ironchef, so good to hear positive about Mark. Wish I could see him once in while on tv

amber, you aren't really far behind are you? Glad you saw her. She was so interesting. I wish I could get to see the guests on her show when they are someone like Martina. Someone I feel have something in common, like trying to stay healthy. Yea, she did mention about watching her beer. That is just like her to admit she does have weakness. I truly feel she is honest about what she talks about. She really didn't mind admitting she was 50.