Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Yesterday I was feeling too sick to really do anything. I just happened to turn on tv and saw Ellen DeGenneres (sp?) show. She was introducting Martina Navratilova. She looked like a picture of health. Ellen kept telling her how 'in shape' she was which was true. We all wish we could look like her and live like she does. It didn't come easy which she is quick to admit. Does anything worth while come easy?

She only proves that proper care of our bodies will not be for nothing. She has been blessed not to have any kind of serious illness happen and she takes care of what she does have. I know her lifestyle may be questionable to some but I look at the individual themselves and give them the credit they deserve.

If anything wanted to make me want to feel better it was seeing her as guest on the show. She isn't young person, said she is 50 and doesn't mind saying it. I have admired her skill in tennis. She has real discipline about all she does. They said she has the most titles of any athlete today. Good going Martina and thanks for inspiration for the day.

Just my opinion

I always admired/respected her ability to play tennis! I suppose on that level you are watching the "Creme de la Creme".

Good genes doesn't hurt...my wife for example...will be 59 soon, 3 kids, eats as much of anything she wants and could be a "cover girl" for a bikini magazine! Me....if i even look at a piece fo Pecan pie..I gain 1/2 lb.!!!:LOL:

Good

Well, be thankful you have a 'covergirl' wife. Not everyone that fortunate

As Martina stated, we all should have goals. She certainly reached hers and I am so proud of her she is part of our culture. Someone we all should strive to exemplfy. At least, I think so.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I don't feel alone about trying to make a better life. Be happy you have such a eye pleasing wife and mother. What more could you ask for?

While I am not crazy about the idea of yet another Rocky (and I saw they are planning another Rambo as well... yikes:wacko: ), I saw some press photos and was rather impressed by the way Stallone has kept up his physique. His shape is still quite amazing for any age.
I also saw pics of Mark Spitz, the swimming champion from 72 Olympics not too long ago and he looked pretty darn good though he must be like at least 60 something.
They are fine example that with proper care for your well being, "keeping up the appearance" is very much possible for anyone.

urmaniac13

I do remember Mark Spitz. I thought he was fantastic then and now you say he STILL IS? I think this is pretty wonderful. I really haven't heard much about him. Where did you see him? There wasn't any scandal associated w/him that I recall. Is he married or didn't you find out? Did you still reconize him? These people are all over 50 which makes me feel good.

Rocky has held up good too. I think he has plastic surgery though, don't you? He really looks like he has. His eyes don't look the same. I still like him though. Been married quite few times.

I had to go to library this morning and was lucky to get Martina's book. Hope it is as good as her interviews. I just wonder what she recommends to eat. She said in interview her mother was showing her how to make strudel. Wonder what kind it was? She also mentioned she eats small bite of chocolate everyday. Wow, who can do that? I like more than one bite. That's just me.

In the Kitchen said:
Well, be thankful you have a 'covergirl' wife. Not everyone that fortunate

As Martina stated, we all should have goals. She certainly reached hers and I am so proud of her she is part of our culture. Someone we all should strive to exemplfy. At least, I think so.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I don't feel alone about trying to make a better life. Be happy you have such a eye pleasing wife and mother. What more could you ask for?

I can ask for nothing further! Having been really blessed!! The best part is she is such a "beautiful" person....Know what I mean? (I know that you do)

ITK, I was chatting with a friend of mine on MSN a while ago and he mentioned about Mark and how good he looked on a television interview he saw recently. So I got curious and did some google search for his images, and found out my friend was right!! Here you can see a glimpse of that.

Yes you may be right about Sly's facelift, but it would be rather difficult to do the whole "bodylift", don't you think? His physique must be authentic, I am sure.

urmaniac13 said:
ITK, I was chatting with a friend of mine on MSN a while ago and he mentioned about Mark and how good he looked on a television interview he saw recently. So I got curious and did some google search for his images, and found out my friend was right!! Here you can see a glimpse of that.

Yes you may be right about Sly's facelift, but it would be rather difficult to do the whole "bodylift", don't you think? His physique must be authentic, I am sure.

Yea, that is Mark alright. would still recognize him. He always seemed so sweet when he was in the Olympics. never acted upset.

ironchef, did he talk to you? Seeing him in person, did he act like he was important or was he like you and me, down to earth? I bet he eats good too. Strange how someone brings up topic and then you are the one priviledged to see him. Be in the same room with him.

Uncle Bob, did you ever think she looks so good because of the person she is married to. I always feel people are a kind of reflection of each other. Some of my friends that are happy even kind of favor each other. Wish we all could be so lucky.

About Rocky urmanic13 I don't doubt for a minute he is solid as he always was. He is very conscious of his body but he can't help that we all get old. I don't blame anyone about plastic surgery if it makes them feel better. It wouldn't make difference to me. I do think when you exercise your appearance does not look as bad as when you don't exercise. my brother gave up walking and you can notice it whole lot. The older you are the harder it is to maintain what you do have. I could look at those Rocky movies over and over. Not only the boxing ones but others too. He just seems so durn sweet when he isn't in the ring.

Uncle Bob, did you ever think she looks so good because of the person she is married to. I always feel people are a kind of reflection of each other. Some of my friends that are happy even kind of favor each other. Wish we all could be so lucky.

A handsome (and fit) southern gentleman I am!!!! ;)

Uncle Bob

I knew it! She would be the first to agree!! Keep on keepin' on!

Keep your goals high.

In the Kitchen said:
Yesterday I was feeling too sick to really do anything. I just happened to turn on tv and saw Ellen DeGenneres (sp?) show. She was introducting Martina Navratilova. She looked like a picture of health. Ellen kept telling her how 'in shape' she was which was true. We all wish we could look like her and live like she does. It didn't come easy which she is quick to admit. Does anything worth while come easy?

She only proves that proper care of our bodies will not be for nothing. She has been blessed not to have any kind of serious illness happen and she takes care of what she does have. I know her lifestyle may be questionable to some but I look at the individual themselves and give them the credit they deserve.

If anything wanted to make me want to feel better it was seeing her as guest on the show. She isn't young person, said she is 50 and doesn't mind saying it. I have admired her skill in tennis. She has real discipline about all she does. They said she has the most titles of any athlete today. Good going Martina and thanks for inspiration for the day.

Just my opinion

I saw the same show, and Martina mentioned that in fact she now has to discipline herself even more now that she is older, to keep in shape. She mentioned how she likes a beer now and then and even just a half a beer throws her body off (which goes to show just how disciplined she is with her body). As for her lifestyle, I could care a less, same as with Elyn.

Something Else

DS you are something else! You know how to handle things in the right perspective.

ironchef, so good to hear positive about Mark. Wish I could see him once in while on tv

amber, you aren't really far behind are you? Glad you saw her. She was so interesting. I wish I could get to see the guests on her show when they are someone like Martina. Someone I feel have something in common, like trying to stay healthy. Yea, she did mention about watching her beer. That is just like her to admit she does have weakness. I truly feel she is honest about what she talks about. She really didn't mind admitting she was 50.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom