Life Lessons and Words of Wisdom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
Share Yours !

img_1392948_0_b020e57c5e8db06da10efc002e065ca9.jpg

When I was a small child, my grandfather would tell us (upon one of our lengthy summer visits), "It's nice to see you come and it's nice to see you go."

When I was that age, I thought that was the meanest thing anyone could say until...

I had grandchildren and realized how fun (and taxing) a visit from a herd of grandchildren could be. Now I understand the wisdom in those words.

Then, of course, there are the wise words of Ben Franklin/Poor Richard, "Fish and visitors smell in three days."

Yep, don't overstay your welcome.

Never eat more than you can lift.

Be nice to your children, they choose your nursing home.

if you love something, set it free.
if it doesn't come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.

if you are in conflict with someone, you should endeavour to walk a mile in their shoes.
that way if you really pissed them off, you're a mile away and they have no shoes.

Andy M made me think of Miss Piggy "Never eat anything bigger than your head." :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

A few of my favorites are.

You can never change the facts, but you can always change your attitude!

We get paid to run the train, not to ride it! or We get paid to polish the bell, not to ring it!

It's time to get on the train or get off the track!

Last edited:
This is a great idea for a new thread MrsLMB. Thanks.

"It's nice to be nice." ~ My Dad. He would always say that if I got upset with someone or something. Instead of acting out, he'd remind me to be a good kid. To this day I can still hear HIS voice in my head saying these exact words at the right time.

This is appropriate for a co-worker, she is a real thoughtless person and makes many people feel worthless daily.
Maybe you need to print a copy of that saying and post it somewhere prominent in your cubicle/office. Unless you feel like plastering it right in the middle of the co-worker's monitor. But then you might want to reflect on my Dad's saying...;)

I hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave.

Don't wiz on the electric fence

Life is hard, then you die. The trick is to make the hard part last as long as possible because the dead part lasts forever.

With age comes wisdom, if you were paying attention.

Old age ain't for sissies!

Back
Top Bottom